Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230187 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6615 on: December 07, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »
Not for myself, but has a lot for Monte Vista been selected? There is one called 37 Verona Way that is 64x64 which I think is the normal Dynasty lot size.

Normal Dynasty lot can be 60 x 60 or 64 x 64.   As soon as I can actually launch the game, I'll see if I can get the rules updated.  Samoht sent a PM yesterday with the information.

I would also like to point out that the new venue that came out at the same time as Monte Vista is allowed.   Players can take this chance to place this lot (and only this lot) in their towns via Edit Town if they buy it.  You must do it the next time you play the file or you miss the chance to place it again in your game.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6616 on: December 07, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »
27 Verona Way is 60x60, so also Dynasty sized. It's southeasterly of the walls, 3rd in a string of 4 empty lots.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6617 on: December 07, 2012, 07:14:17 PM »
The rules were already changed earlier to reflect the two possibly dynasty lots.   Enjoy!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6618 on: December 07, 2012, 07:22:53 PM »
The rules were already changed earlier to reflect the two possibly dynasty lots.   Enjoy!

Ty for doing that, Rica. :)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #6619 on: December 07, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »
When I installed Seasons, all my household members stopped aging for a day, then continued on their merry way. Should I cake them all up on what should've been their birthdays or let it go as a bug?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6620 on: December 08, 2012, 06:19:07 AM »
When I installed Seasons, all my household members stopped aging for a day, then continued on their merry way. Should I cake them all up on what should've been their birthdays or let it go as a bug?

If everything is back to being hunky dory, then just forget about it.

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6621 on: December 08, 2012, 06:37:39 AM »
Population Controls is a player's choice, they say. Well... I chose poorly.
While setting up the game, I enthusiastically switched celebrities off, but didn't opt-out active household. I thought of it as an extra challenge -- because surely I can control whom my Sims are socializing with, and prevent them from befriending celebs, right?
Well... not quite, as it turns out. Reuben, 2 Gen. Immortal's sibling, chose to work as a designer. He was running back and forth down Appaloosa Plains, making some renovations. (I think it's a legitimate way to change other people's houses... isn't it?) Suddenly, his relationships with former clients (even those who got very cr*ppy remodelings) started to boost up on an ongoing basis, without him doing anything for it. Before I know it, he got those nasty friends and became a celebrity. Now he knows three one-star Sims (one of them is listed in his relationships panel as "stranger" -- go figure), and Reuben himself is a two-star celebrity.
Needless to say, his life was completely ruined by this; he can no longer interact with the family, cause I don't want them to catch his disease, and he will not be one of six best friends for his immortal brother. I had such expectations for him, and now this :(
Well, the lesson was learned the hard way. No more Ambitions' active careers in my challenge, and next time I'll opt-out active household -- better safe than sorry.

---

On unrelated note, do we get a list of allowed-to-redesignate lots for Monte Vista? There is at least one small park - Sunlit Stride Park at 19 Via Veronaville - and possibly some undesignated lots as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6622 on: December 08, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
There are three lots that can be changed as per the Edit Town rules for Monte Vista.   Etruscan Park, Sunlit Stride Park & The Public Pizzeria are viable choices.   However, the festival lot made for this world is meant to go over the Etruscan Park so remember that if you choose to place the festival lot. 

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6623 on: December 11, 2012, 10:55:19 PM »
Do portraits have to be placed on a wall in the museum or can they be left on the easels?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6624 on: December 11, 2012, 11:36:42 PM »
Do portraits have to be placed on a wall in the museum or can they be left on the easels?

They can be left on the easels, if you wish.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6625 on: December 11, 2012, 11:56:06 PM »
They can be left on the easels, if you wish.

Thanks. No disappearing portraits that way.

I hope...  :o

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6626 on: December 12, 2012, 12:49:39 AM »
Thanks. No disappearing portraits that way.

I hope...  :o

Best way to avoid disappearing portraits is to take them off the easel in buy/build mode and place them on the wall.  They tend to only disappear if they have been in someone's inventory.  Also if they do disappear, you can just hit the back button.

Offline Kuro Warau

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life State Lover!
« Reply #6627 on: December 12, 2012, 08:44:17 AM »
I read Rica's post about replacing/deleting/making EA-created lots in your town. I'm about to start an Immortal Dynasty in Lucky Palms and have a question. It said that I could replace the Stadium in Sunset Valley with the Stadium shipped with Showtime to have big show venue. Does the same count for the Stadium in Lucky Palms?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6628 on: December 12, 2012, 08:45:52 AM »
I read Rica's post about replacing/deleting/making EA-created lots in your town. I'm about to start an Immortal Dynasty in Lucky Palms and have a question. It said that I could replace the Stadium in Sunset Valley with the Stadium shipped with Showtime to have big show venue. Does the same count for the Stadium in Lucky Palms?

It was just a very specific example is all.  Yes you can trade them out if they're the same lot size.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6629 on: December 12, 2012, 09:14:50 AM »
I started a dynasty in Monte Vista, but there is no pond in the graveyard, and so far with three nights of a level 8 fisherman loaded up with angel fish trying out every spawn point I can find, no deathfish. Has anybody found them anywhere? If there are none, what do I do? I've made some pretty good progress so far, so I do not want to start over if at all possible.

anything