Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230104 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6585 on: December 03, 2012, 01:29:10 AM »
It might be possible to circumvent this problem. If you posted every memory you want to use to your Sims 3 player wall, you might be able to open it there and save the pictures. I have not tried it so I can't promise you anything.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline richman3

• Nooboo
« Reply #6586 on: December 03, 2012, 05:40:30 AM »
If you actually took screenshots with the C key, they wouldn't be in your memory book which is why I asked.  If you take memories they are saved in game with no way to post.  If you take screenshots, they are in your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Screenshots folder.  You would see them under uploads on your launcher.   These can be uploaded to our very own gallery or another image hosting site like photobucket and then placed on the forum in a thread of your own.  We have a story board specifically dedicated to players' dynasties.

Unfortunately I used the scrapbook feature in the game.  (Silly me thinking EA would allow me to actually use these photos)  I did not post them so I guess I am stuck with no photos.  I did find a site that describes a way to possibly circumvent this however it looks like a lot of bother.  We'll see.  Thanks for the input.   :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6587 on: December 03, 2012, 07:04:34 AM »
I've been posting a lot of updates on my issues. Time for another.

This might get me booted off the HoF, but I tried to see what Edit in CAS would do to Bobby. He's listed as a human in CAS and shows up as a normal human in CAS (albeit with fangs and the bite mark). Not like it fixed anything either.

So I guess it's some confirmation that the game considers him a human, sort of.

Under "Quick Meals," there isn't an option for plasma juice in spite of his Thirsty moodlets. He also has no interactions with the Weather Stone, which also confirms his kind-of-sort-of human nature. Since it's his birthday, I can totally get a birthday cake and age him up and see if it helps (heck, I'm willing to try anything now).

EDIT: Okay, aging up did nothing for Bobby. He's still saddled with the same bugs.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6588 on: December 03, 2012, 07:21:50 AM »
I've been posting a lot of updates on my issues. Time for another.

This might get me booted off the HoF, but I tried to see what Edit in CAS would do to Bobby. He's listed as a human in CAS and shows up as a normal human in CAS (albeit with fangs and the bite mark). Not like it fixed anything either.

So I guess it's some confirmation that the game considers him a human, sort of.

Under "Quick Meals," there isn't an option for plasma juice in spite of his Thirsty moodlets. He also has no interactions with the Weather Stone, which also confirms his kind-of-sort-of human nature. Since it's his birthday, I can totally get a birthday cake and age him up and see if it helps (heck, I'm willing to try anything now).

EDIT: Okay, aging up did nothing for Bobby. He's still saddled with the same bugs.

At this point I'm wondering if you have the ability to go back to a save before Bobby moved in. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6589 on: December 03, 2012, 07:26:18 AM »
I have a very extensive set of backups, so yes. My last one was a from a few days before all this happened.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6590 on: December 03, 2012, 08:10:41 AM »
I have a very extensive set of backups, so yes. My last one was a from a few days before all this happened.

You sound like me.  Go ahead and go back before he moved in and maybe try it again.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6591 on: December 03, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
Yep, found my latest good save with almost no progress lost. I'll just avoid Bobby. He should be an elder by now anyways (even with the vampirism to consider), so his bugginess might run really deep. I have a plan B (and all the way up to E or F) and won't fret. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6592 on: December 04, 2012, 04:52:53 AM »
Yay ... I have a question regarding photography! :)

I have one of my two masters of photography (Slammin' Sammy, himself) taking photographs now. He tried getting one of Patrick sleeping ... sounds easy, doesn't it? Well, it seems that my ability in real life to photograph the floor/roof/curtains/wall/dirty plates instead of the people has rubbed off onto Slammin' Sammy. He managed to take a photo of part of the bread, Patrick doesn't actually appear in the shot, but it still calls itself "My Housemate, Patrick Enterprise". I am choosing not to include that one.

So I moved him (Slammin' Sammy) a bit and prepared him to take another picture of Patrick. This time, Agnes has moved into the shot, and the shot is of Agnes and Patrick in bed together and is given the name by the system as "Two's company". Will this one count, or should I try out Sammy's beautiful photography skills out again?

The Slammin' One also attempted to photograph his step-mother playing chess on the computer. He has a delightful picture of Fiona's back.

So yes, my photography skills are obviously rubbing off on the Slammin' one.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6593 on: December 04, 2012, 06:32:50 AM »
So I moved him (Slammin' Sammy) a bit and prepared him to take another picture of Patrick. This time, Agnes has moved into the shot, and the shot is of Agnes and Patrick in bed together and is given the name by the system as "Two's company". Will this one count, or should I try out Sammy's beautiful photography skills out again?

If we're talking about a heir photo intended for the museum, then the photo has to register as only the heir and not something like Two's Company because the game is not registering the heir as the only subject in that situation.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6594 on: December 04, 2012, 06:50:34 AM »
Yep, that's what I'm meaning, and that's what I thought. Thank you Metro.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6595 on: December 04, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »
Some questions regarding Genies, please note I'm aware that Genies can't be a part of your household and these questions do not have anything to do with that. I'm just waiting for my Gen 2 toddler to reach childhood, and I'm bored, that's all. Majel already has all her toddler pieces done, she's had all her skills learned and she's also maxed xylophone. Her daddy bought the Alchemy Consignment Store as his property and put a subway down on it.

1) If a sim has enough of a relationship with a genie to ask them to spend the night, can you do that? I have no intention of doing anything more than that.

2) Are controllable sims (male) able to have a baby with a genie within the constraints of the ruleset for this challenge?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6596 on: December 04, 2012, 08:17:24 AM »
Some questions regarding Genies, please note I'm aware that Genies can't be a part of your household and these questions do not have anything to do with that. I'm just waiting for my Gen 2 toddler to reach childhood, and I'm bored, that's all. Majel already has all her toddler pieces done, she's had all her skills learned and she's also maxed xylophone. Her daddy bought the Alchemy Consignment Store as his property and put a subway down on it.

1) If a sim has enough of a relationship with a genie to ask them to spend the night, can you do that? I have no intention of doing anything more than that.

2) Are controllable sims (male) able to have a baby with a genie within the constraints of the ruleset for this challenge?

1) Yeah it's no different than having a townie spend the night is it?  Or do genies do something has houseguests I've never noticed?

2) If you have released a genie and then choose to get it pregnant outside of the house, that's your game choices as it doesn't actually effect the household.

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #6597 on: December 04, 2012, 09:47:32 AM »
I had a question. I know the first born is the "targeted" immortal, but does that mean we can set a theme to our dynasty's that can change this? For example, only wanting "Witch" immortals? The reason I ask is there is no guarantee that your first born will have the parents supernatural traits, so would it be possible to try again until your theme is met? I know generally for gender specific goals people eat apple or watermellon to try to achieve their purpose. I guess upon thinking this over, there is the potention of mixing a "Witches Brew" elixer, but I would still like to ask the question for thoughts on other themes in which this issue may arise.

Thanks!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6598 on: December 04, 2012, 09:54:32 AM »
While you can try to have all-witch immortals, if the first-born isn't a witch, you're gonna have to live with it or get an elixir.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6599 on: December 04, 2012, 11:03:57 AM »
I managed to work that into my dynasty. I work under the assumption that no one is born a witch. Since my dynasty is dead  for a while, I may as well reveal how I worked around it. Even if an heir was born a witch, I used a potent cure "Off set", and then did a little "Ritual" that made them a witch with the elixir.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler