Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230957 times)

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6570 on: December 02, 2012, 02:41:24 PM »
Oh well then that sucks, darn meteor showers. I guess it's time for take two.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6571 on: December 02, 2012, 02:44:20 PM »
Oh well then that sucks, darn meteor showers. I guess it's time for take two.

Sorry:  At least you now know some of the things you didn't before including some Edit Town options.  If you have any questions, let me know.

Also I forgot to tell this thread.   For those that don't read my story, this past weekend my 8th generation ate ambrosia.  I did it!  Artie Grim's third attempt finally paid off.  ;D

Sorry I'll get back off the box now.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6572 on: December 02, 2012, 02:47:38 PM »
Yes thanks. Actually, I've played this game for years, and never saw one, it must have come in one of the expansion packs I just installed (I just only recently installed Generations and Supernatural. Before that only had Vanilla, WA, and Ambitions. Do you know which one it came with? I'll definitely be looking to turn it off in my next attempt.

It's no problem, now I know :) luckily it was only the 1st generation, I guess I can deal with another week to get him started back to immortal again.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6573 on: December 02, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »
Yes thanks. Actually, I've played this game for years, and never saw one, it must have come in one of the expansion packs I just installed (I just only recently installed Generations and Supernatural. Before that only had Vanilla, WA, and Ambitions. Do you know which one it came with? I'll definitely be looking to turn it off in my next attempt.

Meteors have been in the game since Ambitions and they are random and unfortunately can't be turned off. However, you do get a warning.  The game gives a notification up in the top right of the screen by saying "Your Immortal Sim has noticed it's getting awfully dark all of a sudden."   You then have about 10 or 15 Sim minutes to move that Sim and anyone near them a decent distance away. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6574 on: December 02, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »
I seems I'll have to pay more attention to that then, I normally neglect it because I am wrapped up in something else. Thanks for all of you're help. This next attempt should be a bit easier since now I have had some experience with the challenge and the rules, and how things can play out in my attempt at completing it.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6575 on: December 02, 2012, 03:21:58 PM »
1. Yes

2.  X can claim Y.  Y can claim X.   if Y doesn't claim X, no one else can either.    If X is BFs with Z but does not claim him, then yes Y can claim him later.  If X claims Z, then Y cannot even if X isn't friends with Z anymore.

Did that make sense?

Yes, I think I understand. So X and Y can use each other for their requirement?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6576 on: December 02, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »
Yes, I think I understand. So X and Y can use each other for their requirement?

Yes exactly.  I actually waited until close to the end and my 7th immortal counted the first 6.  That way I didn't have to go out and make friends and could keep her at home being a writing slave.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline richman3

• Nooboo
« Reply #6577 on: December 02, 2012, 06:02:28 PM »
Need some advice.  Started my dynasty in Moonlight Falls and going well working on my second generation.  (Founder has already eaten ambrosia.)  I would like to post some stuff about the dynasty and some pics however I cannot locate the pictures from my scrapbook on my pc.  Does anybody have some advice am I stupid or is this something to do with generations. 
Thank You. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6578 on: December 02, 2012, 06:06:45 PM »
Need some advice.  Started my dynasty in Moonlight Falls and going well working on my second generation.  (Founder has already eaten ambrosia.)  I would like to post some stuff about the dynasty and some pics however I cannot locate the pictures from my scrapbook on my pc.  Does anybody have some advice am I stupid or is this something to do with generations. 
Thank You.

Have you been taking screenshots or are you talking about the memories that came with Generations?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6579 on: December 02, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »
Bobby Sargeant might have ended my dynasty. Let me explain.

So Bobby was turned into a vampire probably around the first week of the game. Since I had space for another guy to be moved in and create spouses for the Graves, I sent Journeyman out with a potent cure elixir so he could throw it at Bobby. It seemed to work. Bobby's portrait in the relationship panel doesn't have the red ring around it, and his skin is back to its original color. Then I had Journeyman move him in AFTER I was sure that Bobby was cured.

His age meter is normal (as far as I can tell; he has zero days left until his elder birthday), but he's still sort of vampiric. His favorite food is O-Positive. His motive bars are green like a normal sim's, but he still has the thirst motive. His thirst motive is particularly strange, because it's static.

The strangest thing? I moved him in last night and he had none of this foolishness going on. His favorite food was lobster thermidor, he had a normal hunger motive, and he aged correctly. Then my game crashed (probably just a random thing) and then he has these problems when I try it again.

You will pay for the day you ruined the Graves, Sargeant!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6580 on: December 02, 2012, 06:53:03 PM »
Bobby Sargeant might have ended my dynasty. Let me explain.

So Bobby was turned into a vampire probably around the first week of the game. Since I had space for another guy to be moved in and create spouses for the Graves, I sent Journeyman out with a potent cure elixir so he could throw it at Bobby. It seemed to work. Bobby's portrait in the relationship panel doesn't have the red ring around it, and his skin is back to its original color. Then I had Journeyman move him in AFTER I was sure that Bobby was cured.

His age meter is normal (as far as I can tell; he has zero days left until his elder birthday), but he's still sort of vampiric. His favorite food is O-Positive. His motive bars are green like a normal sim's, but he still has the thirst motive. His thirst motive is particularly strange, because it's static.

The strangest thing? I moved him in last night and he had none of this foolishness going on. His favorite food was lobster thermidor, he had a normal hunger motive, and he aged correctly. Then my game crashed (probably just a random thing) and then he has these problems when I try it again.

You will pay for the day you ruined the Graves, Sargeant!

Clear your caches out and restart the computer. Try again and see if Mr Sargeant is still being a bad man.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6581 on: December 02, 2012, 07:02:57 PM »
Yes exactly.  I actually waited until close to the end and my 7th immortal counted the first 6.  That way I didn't have to go out and make friends and could keep her at home being a writing slave.

Thank you! My dynasty just became much easier . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6582 on: December 02, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
No luck with Mr. Sargeant. It turns out that all his motives are frozen, and his favorite food is still O-Positive. Resetting him didn't help either.

In his bio, it says that Bobby Sargeant is your worst nightmare. If only they knew.

EDIT: It turns out that his hunger motive isn't frozen, and neither are his other ones now. Eating normal food doesn't fulfill his hunger, and he has the vampiric vigor moodlet. He's also not aging on his in spite of it being his birthday.

I hate you, Mr. Sargeant. >:(

EDIT 2: I moved them to the clipboard and then back again. Still no luck for Bobby, but with the added "benefit" of everyone's 20,000 point wishes to be worth over 1 million being dropped. I have one last solution, which would be to give him a Bottled Witch's Brew and see if becoming a witch will help Bobby.

EDIT 3: Turns out that Bobby is still a vampire. He reverted back to the vampire skin. The Witch's Brew didn't work on him (and the Graves ended up spending upwards of 50,000 buying out the elixir shop until one popped up). I tried another potent cure elixir with no luck. If this means failure, hey, at least I got one immortal down and it wasn't Journeyman's meanness that brought him down this time.

There isn't any option for him to get a cure at the science lab either.

Offline richman3

• Nooboo
« Reply #6583 on: December 03, 2012, 12:22:04 AM »
Have you been taking screenshots or are you talking about the memories that came with Generations?
I have been taking screenshots.  I can see them in the game but when I go to find them on my pc the folder is blank.  I saw something about this somewhere else.  But thought that since a lot of you have done and posted dynasty's you might have some advice on how to post screenshots.
Thank You.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6584 on: December 03, 2012, 12:25:27 AM »
I have been taking screenshots.  I can see them in the game but when I go to find them on my pc the folder is blank.  I saw something about this somewhere else.  But thought that since a lot of you have done and posted dynasty's you might have some advice on how to post screenshots.
Thank You.

If you actually took screenshots with the C key, they wouldn't be in your memory book which is why I asked.  If you take memories they are saved in game with no way to post.  If you take screenshots, they are in your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Screenshots folder.  You would see them under uploads on your launcher.   These can be uploaded to our very own gallery or another image hosting site like photobucket and then placed on the forum in a thread of your own.  We have a story board specifically dedicated to players' dynasties.

anything