Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188380 times)

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6555 on: November 30, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »
Couple quick questions re. Moonlight falls as the town for the Immortal Dynasty:

1. Are we allowed to edit the small parks to make them full purchasable properties?
2. Given the bug with multi-buildings not allowing opportunity completion, are we allowed to replace town hall with a standard town hall, police station and military base? (I expect this one is a yes, but better to ask...)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6556 on: November 30, 2012, 07:03:34 PM »
1. You can change the small parks into big parks, cat or dog parks, or hangouts. No making dive bars or private venues out of them, though.

2. It's a case-by-case scenario that the team has to approve of first. Even then, you can only place them on a new lot or a purchased lot instead of outright replacing the old ones.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6557 on: November 30, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
Couple quick questions re. Moonlight falls as the town for the Immortal Dynasty:

1. Are we allowed to edit the small parks to make them full purchasable properties?
2. Given the bug with multi-buildings not allowing opportunity completion, are we allowed to replace town hall with a standard town hall, police station and military base? (I expect this one is a yes, but better to ask...)

Both of these questions were answered in a giant edit town post that was attached as a link to the ruleset.  Just so you know. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6558 on: November 30, 2012, 09:31:43 PM »
 :-[ Well, I feel stupid for asking.  I even keep the rules open in a tab in my browser but didn't see that link until you mentioned it.  Thanks.  I do experience the Combined Building bug... I was wondering if I may replace town hall with the singular town hall from Sunset valley (this will require a full bulldozing - lot size mis-match), and place the Twinbrook Police station and military bases at 149 Horseshoe bend and 2345 Waning way respectively.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6559 on: November 30, 2012, 09:33:37 PM »
:-[ Well, I feel stupid for asking.  I even keep the rules open in a tab in my browser but didn't see that link until you mentioned it.  Thanks.  I do experience the Combined Building bug... I was wondering if I may replace town hall with the singular town hall from Sunset valley (this will require a full bulldozing - lot size mis-match), and place the Twinbrook Police station and military bases at 149 Horseshoe bend and 2345 Waning way respectively.

No need to feel stupid.  Just wanted to make sure you knew where to find some information in case it got overlooked. (I do that kind of thing... a lot).   What bug are you very specifically getting? 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6560 on: November 30, 2012, 09:49:51 PM »
My test run (there are issues which make it in-eligible for HoF status but I'm continuing on and figuring things out with the family) 3rd gen is in the Ghost Hunter career - when she gets an opp to help the police on a cold case she can go to the combined building, go through the time but then she exits the building, the opp is not registered as complete and the music does not stop until I cancel it.

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #6561 on: November 30, 2012, 10:43:13 PM »
That thread seems interesting, but I still don't see it, I looked on page one where the rules are, and looked at the rule page on the Guide site. Maybe I am just going over it, but I read the rules multiple times a day, and haven't seen it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6562 on: November 30, 2012, 10:50:02 PM »
I missed it several times too... I had clicked on the hyperlink previously and the viewed hyperlink is close to the same colour as the normal text.  It is the last bullet item in "Edit town is off limits with the following exceptions"

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6563 on: November 30, 2012, 11:19:59 PM »
That thread seems interesting, but I still don't see it, I looked on page one where the rules are, and looked at the rule page on the Guide site. Maybe I am just going over it, but I read the rules multiple times a day, and haven't seen it.

The one on the guide site isn't always as up to date as our rules because I can edit these and Carl has to edit the other ones.  He's far busier than I am.

The Edit Town post which should cover all instances can be found here.   The link in the main rules are the words "Rica's Post" under where brennan suggested.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6564 on: December 01, 2012, 08:00:14 AM »
Some of the Moonlight Falls rabbit holes are wonky. I had the same thing happen with that ghost hunting opportunity in my dynasty (gen 2's spouse is a ghost hunter) but I just canceled the opportunity to get rid of the music and it stopped. 

Gen 2's spare also couldn't use the science lab to make her imaginary friend real, even though she had the components, when she went to click it, the option just never came up.  Also, gen 3 couldn't go to his badging ceremony for scouting at the school.  He had the opportunity, but there was never an option to attend when the building was clicked on, and it expired.

I've been able to get enough opportunities to meet the black ops so far (gen 3 is still a teen and hasn't had any, but they come regularly enough as adults that I haven't had a problem yet) but it is an issue in Moonlight Falls for sure.

That said, I've been able to complete some in the spa/bookstore and the bistro, and I think the theater/criminal building without issues.  My ghost hunter was also able to get his trophies and badges from the combined city hall.  So it's not all of the rabbit hole opportunities, just some of them.

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6565 on: December 01, 2012, 02:27:04 PM »
Yeah, I had to cancel the opp to get the music to stop too.  Are we allowed to count that as a completed opportunity where we did the job full duration of the rabbit hole task but it failed to register?  If so, I'd prefer to keep the single town hall/policestation/militarybase that is in town.  I'm sure I can get enough other opportunities too, but when you have an occupation opportunity that's an easy one to not have to worry about cross generations getting.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6566 on: December 02, 2012, 02:21:44 PM »
The answers to these questions are probably really obvious, but I'm asking anyway!

1. It says in the rules that you can have aliens in your household, but not have a male give birth through abduction. Does that mean you can meet an alien and invite him to move in?

2. Can the heir/parent work towards best friend goal?
Ex: A founder named X has a child Y. X and Y are best friends, and X uses this for his ambrosia Best Friend requirement. Can Y use X as a best friend in his ambrosia requirements? Also, if X is a best friend with someone at the time that he eats ambrosia, and is no longer friends with them by the time Y eats ambrosia, can Y use them as a best friend?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6567 on: December 02, 2012, 02:24:32 PM »
The answers to these questions are probably really obvious, but I'm asking anyway!

1. It says in the rules that you can have aliens in your household, but not have a male give birth through abduction. Does that mean you can meet an alien and invite him to move in?

2. Can the heir/parent work towards best friend goal?
Ex: A founder named X has a child Y. X and Y are best friends, and X uses this for his ambrosia Best Friend requirement. Can Y use X as a best friend in his ambrosia requirements? Also, if X is a best friend with someone at the time that he eats ambrosia, and is no longer friends with them by the time Y eats ambrosia, can Y use them as a best friend?

1. Yes

2.  X can claim Y.  Y can claim X.   if Y doesn't claim X, no one else can either.    If X is BFs with Z but does not claim him, then yes Y can claim him later.  If X claims Z, then Y cannot even if X isn't friends with Z anymore.

Did that make sense?

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #6568 on: December 02, 2012, 02:28:17 PM »
So I just about had a heart attack. Very close call. All my sim needed to eat his ambrosia and get a death flower was to make one last person his best friend. He was outside, had just got the upgraded friendship status, I had the ambrosia being made inside, and then a meteor shower hits, and he expires. Not 1 minute after completing the tasks needed for immortality.... Luckily, when I had the cook begin making his ambrosia, I placed the only death flower he had locked away into his inventory. Talk about wiping sweat off you brow, this was a challenge, and had he died and I failed rit after getting his immortality I probably would have cried after losing all that time.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6569 on: December 02, 2012, 02:31:06 PM »
So I just about had a heart attack. Very close call. All my sim needed to eat his ambrosia and get a death flower was to make one last person his best friend. He was outside, had just got the upgraded friendship status, I had the ambrosia being made inside, and then a meteor shower hits, and he expires. Not 1 minute after completing the tasks needed for immortality.... Luckily, when I had the cook begin making his ambrosia, I placed the only death flower he had locked away into his inventory. Talk about wiping sweat off you brow, this was a challenge, and had he died and I failed rit after getting his immortality I probably would have cried after losing all that time.

Actually - an immortal can't use a death flower until they've eaten their ambrosia is my interpretation of the rules.  I said it would be a call by Metro but I spoke to him via messenger just now and my interpretation is absolutely correct.

anything