Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188429 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6510 on: November 28, 2012, 01:33:16 PM »
In Sunset Valley, when I take the Equestrian Centre off the Dynasty lot, do I HAVE to place the smaller Equestrian Centre somewhere else? Or is that optional?

If you won't be using riding as a supermax, there's no point in having it take up space if you don't need it.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6511 on: November 28, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »
Thanks!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6512 on: November 28, 2012, 02:17:46 PM »
I was thinking about the future of my dynasty, and generations four and five stood out as problematic. I need some help to think their paths through.

Generation four is planned to supermax riding, the horseman career, and probably The Jockey LTW. I've never tried this skill before, and is it possible to do it when you're almost halfway through the dynasty? The household might be full for a good chunk of her life due to my rather scatterbrained schemes to get spouses, just so you know. :P

Generation five is planned to supermax inventing, the criminal career (thief branch), and the Renaissance Sim LTW (athletic, handiness, inventing). My last brush with inventing ended in a string of butt-fires and very little progress, so I'm close to totally rethinking their character, especially with their goals being a tall order. Am I just overreacting, or do I really need to give them a facelift? Note that travel will be difficult and possibly impossible by that point.

I can still choose gardening, fishing, handiness, and alchemy as backup supermaxes without breaching on the rest of my plans or going into the impossible, just for reference.

It's not like I need to instantly panic since those generations haven't even been born yet, but I'd certainly like the time to rethink my strategy if I have to.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6513 on: November 28, 2012, 02:40:45 PM »
I did Riding supermax, horseman career and jockey LTW for generation 5 if that helps you any.   And we all know my household is always full.   Lilygirl is doing them as generation 7!  So it's definitely doable.

I don't see any problem with your generation 5 choices either.  Yes the buttfires can be problematic but it's completely doable and really can sometimes be random.  Might I suggest daredevil or lucky traits ?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6514 on: November 28, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »
Good to know! I knew that some people did riding late in their games with success, but I just wanted to be sure (especially since none of my sims have ever had a horse, much less did useful things with a horse). Maybe I'll play-test it first.

Maybe I just had a really bad game when I last played an inventor. It stopped being funny with the fifth butt-fire in a week. Generation five's traits are a bit set in stone for story-purposes, so I think I'll just have to keep the showers very close by and hope for the best.

Also, I was planning for generation three to be the dynasty's artist with a sculpting supermax (I can supermax that in my sleep), though I'm leaning towards him having a completely unrelated profession in singing, and an LTW of either Vocal Legend or Visionary. Is that doable? Or should he just go the self-employment route?

Thanks for everything, by the way. :)

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6515 on: November 28, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »
If you get the fireproof home LTR would that help with your buttfires?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6516 on: November 28, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »
Not in my experience, since your butt belongs to a sim and isn't embedded in the walls (despite some funny glitches!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6517 on: November 28, 2012, 03:39:42 PM »
Trust me.  A sim catching on fire has nothing to do with the fireproof household.  I lost a sim that way and fireproof household was one of the first LTRs I bought in the game.

What you're doing for Gen 3 should be doable too.  Plus it will be a variation from the norm.  I had my artist be a magician. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6518 on: November 28, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »
Alright. I should stop worrying. I just really don't want to fail again.

Yeah, I totally forgot that Aker was a magician. Makes me feel better now. ;D

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6519 on: November 28, 2012, 03:46:29 PM »
Trust me.  A sim catching on fire has nothing to do with the fireproof household.  I lost a sim that way and fireproof household was one of the first LTRs I bought in the game.

What you're doing for Gen 3 should be doable too.  Plus it will be a variation from the norm.  I had my artist be a magician.
Well that throws my plan out the window for Tony Stark Marvelous. He hasn't been born yet so I have time to replan

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6520 on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »
Well that throws my plan out the window for Tony Stark Marvelous. He hasn't been born yet so I have time to replan

What do you mean?

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6521 on: November 28, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »
He was going take the inventor career and LTW I was going to get the fireproof home so that he wouldn't create fires or catch on fire himself while creating stuff.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6522 on: November 28, 2012, 04:08:25 PM »
It's still a good one to have because that means you'll never have a fire on your lot which can cause problems with the kitchen and other things.   However, when it comes to Sims catching on fire there is nothing you can do to prevent it.  Just be careful and have a shower very close by.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6523 on: November 28, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »
It's still a good one to have because that means you'll never have a fire on your lot which can cause problems with the kitchen and other things.   However, when it comes to Sims catching on fire there is nothing you can do to prevent it.  Just be careful and have a shower very close by.

I also found that having multiple sims in the household means that multiple showers are very helpful. Cycl0n3 Sw0rd's butt caught on fire while sculpting metal, Stiles had just used the closest shower after gardening so he had to run and use a different shower.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6524 on: November 28, 2012, 06:11:53 PM »
Also, butt-fires are pretty random. In my Immortal Dynasty, Prudence caught no more than 5 butt-fires the entire time she was sculpting, from childhood onwards. In my current Life States Dynasty, my sculptor has either been electrocuted or butt-fired 5 times in the first two weeks (it's not funny for her anymore).

anything