Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188374 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6480 on: November 26, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
If that's the case than yes you can share maxed skills but the skill an immortal chooses as their supermax has to remain unique to them.

For instance in my dynasty, the whole family knows athletic and charisma. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6481 on: November 27, 2012, 07:17:04 AM »
If you ask an alien to move in to your household and they join, are they allowed to summon meteors? I would aim for an area with no population to try and avoid deaths. I just want the giant space rock and to see the big kaboom.  8)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6482 on: November 27, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »
It's against the rules to kill Sims so as long as you're careful I don't see the issue with it.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6483 on: November 27, 2012, 11:21:05 AM »
Thanks. It turns out it's a moot point anyway, as the alien died of old age when I invited him over for a party, where I planned to try to do the socials to ask him to move in. D'oh!

I have a tech question, though. My second gen heir married a townie that worked at the consignment shop. Ever since she married him, no one has been at the register. Can I use testing cheats enabled to reset that lot and/or replace the register so I can get another merchant?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6484 on: November 27, 2012, 11:26:33 AM »
Do you not have the family funds to buy the consignment shop as your own property?  That would make it so you didn't have to go into edit town. 

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6485 on: November 27, 2012, 11:42:34 AM »
No, but I could save up for that generation's property and give it a try. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6486 on: November 27, 2012, 11:51:11 AM »
If you don't have the funds, go ahead and replace the register through edit town.  Just a thought for in the future if you plan on using the consignment shop. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6487 on: November 27, 2012, 12:07:11 PM »
Okay, thanks. Wish I hadn't found that bug the hard way. I don't think I ever married a merchant before in any game.

Edit: Never mind... five days after the marriage, the town finally put someone there. Looks like it's just something you may have to wait a while on.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6488 on: November 27, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »
A lot of times it doesn't happen.   Sometimes the game just glitches out when a merchant dies or retires, too. 

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #6489 on: November 27, 2012, 04:53:12 PM »
I've learned how to search this topic. :) However, it does not include the whole Forum, so if this is elsewhere, my apologies.

I mainly wanted to get the opinion of anyone in regards to EA's story progression, since Mods are not allowed. I honestly can't remember when I played with EA's story progression.  I remember though, that I moved to a mod because after a couple of generations I noticed my town getting very sparse, with very little change from the others in my town, I normally dislike mods, but that had to change.

It has been a while, so maybe this has been corrected by EA, I mainly ask because I feel playing an 8 generation challenge will lose it's allure, once the town starts to die off, and options become scarce in terms of friends, and relationships.

Anyone still having these problems, I would ask if a story progression mod would be considered, but between the rules, and what I found in my search, I know that won't happen. ;)

Thanks for your help!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6490 on: November 27, 2012, 04:57:09 PM »
Mods are flat banned.  While I'm on my 8th generation now in my dynasty I will say, that yes the town will die and revive.  A lot of it will depend on your computer just how sparse it will get.  Towards the end, pickings were indeed slim but they were still there.    Townies don't have children anymore but the game does move in new families all the time which is evident in my game regularly.   I always had enough people working in the same profession as me and to keep things interesting at one point I had my founder father another 17 children.  My last two generations never failed to have friends from amongst those kids and it made for a good bit of fun for me.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #6491 on: November 27, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »
If you have Supernatural, you'll also have some original townies that will get turned into fairies/vampires/werewolves and will live longer. Some additions of elder males should allow you to populate the town yourself as you go through, if you so desire. You can also add ghosts and use them as spouses, to keep the genetics interesting. There are also sims from vacation worlds. EA story progression issues are no bar to having interesting sims in your dynasties.

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6492 on: November 27, 2012, 06:30:13 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys, makes me feel better already. I must say, just starting this is hard, I can't seem to find anyone in Moonlight Falls who wants paint a portrait of me :) but that's why I wanted to do this, I needed a challenge outside of my usual casual game play.

Also, another quick question. For unique careers, does that mean another immortal cannot temporarily work in that career? For example, I would like my founder to be a writer and join the writing career, but for now he wants to join the science career, and it would be nice to have a regular job until he can be self employed. By allowing him to join this career, will this block me from allowing another immortal to have this as his/her max career?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6493 on: November 27, 2012, 08:25:27 PM »
Unique maxed career. Don't max science, you can give it to someone else.

But why would you go into science? Writing can be difficult, and the time you spend at the science dome in a job is less time spent writing, which is less royalties, which is then less money and longer to max writing.

If money is an issue, bring in a new slave housemate to help out.

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6494 on: November 27, 2012, 08:27:25 PM »
I wouldn't mind doing that, but then I can't move them out, I have to stay with them until they die right?

I mainly want to because its one of his wants, and he's into gardening, and I figured the first few levels of the career would work.

anything