Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3408881 times)

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6465 on: November 26, 2012, 02:45:30 AM »
Thank you very much, Pam! That's a great relief :)

Offline richman3

• Nooboo
« Reply #6466 on: November 26, 2012, 07:55:39 AM »
If you want your heir to carry on the family name it's better for them to get married. If you don't mind them carrying on the name of Crumplebottom, you can just continue on or change the name at City Hall.
Thank you.  That is why I was asking the question.  Because of the name.  Thanks agian.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6467 on: November 26, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »
Thank you.  That is why I was asking the question.  Because of the name.  Thanks agian.

The nooboo will always carry the last name of the mother and because I got my gen 1 married while the Season patch-bug of not changing the last name was in effect, I need to remember to change the last name of my heir and the founder's wife.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #6468 on: November 26, 2012, 12:55:50 PM »
Right.   An empty residential lot can become an empty community lot.   A non empty lot (meaning it doesn't have the sideways diamond on the bottom) has to be pre-approved before it's lot type can be changed.   There are very few of those that are allowed.

Just to make absolutely sure I'm applying the rules correctly before I get too far in my dynasty re-start:

I bulldozed the big lot at the end of the road closest to Pinochle Pond, installed a 64x64 lot there, changed the lot type to Community --> Nectary, and then placed the Nectary there (saved as is from France.)

I changed another 40x30 lot along the same road (across from where the game places the junkyard) to Community --> Academy, and then placed the Academy there (saved as is from China).

Then I created the founder, and started the game.  No more changes to any community lots until one of my heirs buys them.

Does that sound right?

Thank you.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6469 on: November 26, 2012, 02:03:09 PM »
Yep.  You cannot add any more lots to your dynasty unless new ones become available and at that time only the new ones are allowed to be placed. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6470 on: November 26, 2012, 02:55:24 PM »
Rica-

Just started playing immortal dynasty and have one question, sorry if it has been discussed and answered, couldn't find :(

Birthday cakes can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday --- What about other sims that are not in the household (random sim in town)?  I can't see their age, won't know their actual birthday.  Can I age those sims up with cake anytime?  Or do I have to just wait for the game to age them up naturally?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6471 on: November 26, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »
Rica-

Just started playing immortal dynasty and have one question, sorry if it has been discussed and answered, couldn't find :(

Birthday cakes can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday --- What about other sims that are not in the household (random sim in town)?  I can't see their age, won't know their actual birthday.  Can I age those sims up with cake anytime?  Or do I have to just wait for the game to age them up naturally?

Since you don't know when their birthday is, you can't use the cake on their birthday.  Which is why cake is for household members only and only on the day that the game says is their birthday. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6472 on: November 26, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »
Rica-

So this means I am allowed to cake up anybody I want in game, just not household members unless it is the day of their birthday.  Gotcha, thanks.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6473 on: November 26, 2012, 03:09:30 PM »
No - You can't cake up anyone but in your household.  The game will age the rest of the town.  You will never know when the game says a townies birthday is therefore you can never give them cake.  Otherwise you're breaking a rule by aging them up early if it wasn't their birthday.

Read what I said:

Since you don't know when their birthday is, you can't use the cake on their birthday.  Which is why cake is for household members only and only on the day that the game says is their birthday. 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6474 on: November 26, 2012, 03:11:37 PM »
Rica-

Thanks, sorry brain fart :)

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #6475 on: November 26, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
I tried to search so I didn't have to ask, but why elder? I want to do the challenge regardless, but was curious as to the thought pattern. Why do the immortals have to stay in the elder life stage, why not allow for the young again potion for immortals once they have achieved the immortal award?

Looking forward to starting this tonight.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6476 on: November 26, 2012, 04:51:09 PM »
When the challenge was written, there was nothing in the game that took a Sim back to the Young Adult lifestage.  It's part of the challenge to keep elders alive with ambrosia and deathflowers.  Having your immortals revert back to the young adult stage means there is no fear that suddenly your immortal could die if they don't eat their ambrosia.

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #6477 on: November 26, 2012, 09:22:23 PM »
Thanks. I figured it would be something of the sort.

Quick question, sorry, still trying to understand the forum, and how to search it.

In terms of maxing skills, if Gen 1 chooses to max Cooking, and qualifies to eat ambrosia for the first time, could Gen 2, 3, etc... Than max the skill, so long as it is also not used as the unique skill?

Though now that I think about it, if they are immortal, one probably doesn't need multiple generations to be maxed in the same skill.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6478 on: November 26, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
If another immortal to be or immortal maxes a skill that is another immortal's supermax, you fail.  An immortal's supermax has to be UNIQUE to them.   That includes the maxing of the skill.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6479 on: November 26, 2012, 09:28:10 PM »
If another immortal to be or immortal maxes a skill that is another immortal's supermax, you fail.  An immortal's supermax has to be UNIQUE to them.   That includes the maxing of the skill.

I think he's asking if immortals can max cooking if no uses it as the supermax.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler