Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188377 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6435 on: November 19, 2012, 10:49:37 PM »
Well I haven't had a baby with him, but I thought the color of the skin and eyes can pass. Also is all the hair, eyes, and skin passing on to the next generation necessary for the Founder's children? Didn't you say the alien powers don't show until teen age, which means they can have the colors and all but not be a alien?

What makes an alien is having powers just like what makes a witch is powers.  I have yet to get alien from saving one from a game.  I have saved sim who look like aliens.  Skin tone, eye shape is all available in CAS.  If you make a sim with these its just a Sim not an alien right?  Aliens don't sleep - their energy bar is replaced with the alien brain power bar at the teen stage. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #6436 on: November 19, 2012, 10:56:20 PM »

What makes an alien is having powers just like what makes a witch is powers.  I have yet to get alien from saving one from a game.  I have saved sim who look like aliens.  Skin tone, eye shape is all available in CAS.  If you make a sim with these its just a Sim not an alien right?  Aliens don't sleep - their energy bar is replaced with the alien brain power bar at the teen stage.
The alien I have can summon meteors, and do all the other ''alien'' stuff, like probe, scan, bio drain and bio boost. I download a alien because I didn't want to wait to get one. They are classified as humans in the game, but can still have powers.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #6437 on: November 19, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »
The alien I have can summon meteors, and do all the other ''alien'' stuff, like probe, scan, bio drain and bio boost. I download a alien because I didn't want to wait to get one. They are classified as humans in the game, but can still have powers.

That's odd. Rica and I have done extensive testing and haven't got one to save through CAS. Was it a household that you downloaded?

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #6438 on: November 19, 2012, 11:04:00 PM »
That's odd. Rica and I have done extensive testing and haven't got one to save through CAS. Was it a household that you downloaded?
Yep, it was. I got him because I wanted an alien fast lol.
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6439 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:35 PM »

Households cannot be used for founders.  It has to be a Sim out of CAS.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

thesweetestpea

« Reply #6440 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »

That's the catch, then. Alien powers don't transfer through CAS, and a founder must be saved from CAS not the household bin. Therefore, it's impossible to start with an alien as a founder - or at least, an alien with powers.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #6441 on: November 19, 2012, 11:13:40 PM »
Households cannot be used for founders.  It has to be a Sim out of CAS.
So if you created a Sim, and had them for a while could you use them?
We are of peace, always.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6442 on: November 19, 2012, 11:15:14 PM »
You have to create a brand new Sim in CAS.   It can be one that has been saved but it has to be a brand new Young Adult Sim, fresh out of CAS.  It cannot be a saved NPC or townie. 

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #6443 on: November 19, 2012, 11:18:43 PM »
You have to create a brand new Sim in CAS.   It can be one that has been saved but it has to be a brand new Young Adult Sim, fresh out of CAS.  It cannot be a saved NPC or townie.
She's a young adult, I've used her for a legacy I was playing, she's a CAS Sim, just not fresh. I made her awhile ago.
We are of peace, always.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6444 on: November 19, 2012, 11:27:12 PM »
What I mean by fresh out of CAS means that you started a new game, you went into your only chance to change Edit Town then you went to Game Setup.  After that you chose to create household where you chose the Sim from the Sim bin while in CAS.  You give her her new outerwear and then you hit the check mark to enter the game.  Place the Sim on a specified lot and then you hit play.   

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #6445 on: November 19, 2012, 11:31:04 PM »
What I mean by fresh out of CAS means that you started a new game, you went into your only chance to change Edit Town then you went to Game Setup.  After that you chose to create household where you chose the Sim from the Sim bin while in CAS.  You give her her new outerwear and then you hit the check mark to enter the game.  Place the Sim on a specified lot and then you hit play.
So you can't use Sims you've created before then, even if they have no skills, and are YA?
We are of peace, always.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #6446 on: November 19, 2012, 11:35:36 PM »
So you can't use Sims you've created before then, even if they have no skills, and are YA?

You can use any Sim that you have ever created, as long as you save them to the Sim Bin and load them out of CAS. You cannot use an NPC, a townie, a sims saved as a household, or a sim created by someone else unless you ask.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6447 on: November 19, 2012, 11:41:31 PM »
As new specialty lots become available we are allowed to place them correct? ie greenhouse, and ice lounge

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6448 on: November 19, 2012, 11:42:46 PM »
As long as they're EA-made (which your examples are, obviously), their lot classifications aren't messed with, and placed on a truly empty lot, then of course.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6449 on: November 19, 2012, 11:43:58 PM »
what do you mean truly empty? does this mean you can't add an empty lot and then place the lot?