Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188375 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6405 on: November 15, 2012, 11:50:51 PM »
What can happen to make me lose it if it is off lot? I decided on off lot because of lag issues. I am concerned about the loading time on my lot getting too high. Thanks for the reminder about sculptures.

Having to move towns due to aging bug.  You can't take/place player made lots with you so you wouldn't be able to take the items with you.   Natural disasters like meteors and fire can both happen off lot. 

As for lag issues, the game will still have to load the museum regardless of location.  It just won't be part of the rendering of your home lot. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6406 on: November 16, 2012, 12:19:42 AM »
Wow, for some reason (I think I read it somewhere) that if it was not on the lot that was make loading times faster. It doesn't make any sense though, because it has to load the whole world. Okay, new plan I guess...thanks for the benefit of your experience, Rica.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6407 on: November 16, 2012, 12:57:36 AM »
Two questions

1. Can you move you pieces after they are placed? IE I want to make the museum in a different part of the house (not replace them)

2. When clicking the option "Paint potrait of..." I get a black box instead of being able to see my sim. Has this happened to anyone else since upgrading to seasons? If so is there a fix?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6408 on: November 16, 2012, 01:00:15 AM »
2 - I used to get that all the time.  I usually just hit cancel and try it again.  If that doesn't work, save - exit - clear caches- reload.  That will fix it.

1 - My first two dynasties - I moved the items around a lot until I found a room setup I liked for them then I never moved them.  Just be careful about not selling anything you don't want sold.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6409 on: November 16, 2012, 01:28:54 AM »
2 just gave me the error code 12 :(

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6410 on: November 16, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »
I seem to have been stuck with the no aging bug. My 8th immortal was 2 days away from becoming an adult last time I played, and after installing Seasons and playing today she is stuck like that.

What can/should I do?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6411 on: November 16, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »
You know the exact day that she should age up right?   If you do, go ahead and use the cake on her and see if that gets her moving.  Otherwise, remember to write down the day she ages up.  If it's Week 49, Day 6 that she ages up to adult then you know her next birthday is Week 52, Day 6.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6412 on: November 16, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
All right, I know when she should age up, so I'll just go with it, and keep notes.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6413 on: November 16, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »
@Rosa about putting your museum on another lot one of the problems that you may have with that is that the museum value will not go up. Basically the portraits and sculptures do not appreciate in value.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6414 on: November 16, 2012, 03:46:09 PM »
@Rosa about putting your museum on another lot one of the problems that you may have with that is that the museum value will not go up. Basically the portraits and sculptures do not appreciate in value.

Rachel

Oh I forgot about that as well. Just one more reason to keep the museum on the home lot, I will stick with that for sure.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6415 on: November 16, 2012, 07:45:36 PM »
My sculptor just passed away, but he had an unfinished sculpture of generation two. Would using moveobjects on to get the finished sculpture okay since there is really no other way it can be finished?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6416 on: November 16, 2012, 08:19:07 PM »
My sculptor just passed away, but he had an unfinished sculpture of generation two. Would using moveobjects on to get the finished sculpture okay since there is really no other way it can be finished?

Sure, that's fine.

-------

Take care everyone. I am off to Florida for a week with the family. Talk to you soon.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6417 on: November 16, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »
Thanks Metro, and have a good time with your family. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6418 on: November 17, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »
The Challenge Board team has finally been able to spend some time looking over all of the data that involves aliens.  Our final decision is that all abduction pregnancies must be sent home and cannot become part of the family ever.  The choice becomes available at the birth of the child of how to handle and the choice is always going to be "Send to Homeworld" or as I like to say return to sender.  Abduction pregnancies cannot be heirs because they break the bloodline which is essential in all dynasties.   However, Aliens are allowed to become part of the household.  After an alien is in the household, having an alien baby is possible.   

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6419 on: November 17, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
Quick question, I haven't read all the way though the thread because that would take days and a search hasn't seemed to find anything.
So I've moved in Agnes and now have her clone child, which is now a teen.  this clone will be my founders spouse. Can I use an Age of Instant potion from the alchemy consignment store to age her up to YA so I can start gen 2 right away rather than wait another two sim weeks?