Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188430 times)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6390 on: November 14, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »
Why is this?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #6391 on: November 14, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »
Why is this?

Presumably to give the Challenge Coordinators time to explore how aliens work and figure out whether there's anything about aliens that would require their banning.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6392 on: November 14, 2012, 07:12:16 PM »
Presumably to give the Challenge Coordinators time to explore how aliens work and figure out whether there's anything about aliens that would require their banning.

I figured that the banning might have had something to do with lifespan/capabilities. I don't own seasons and therefore am just curious.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6393 on: November 14, 2012, 07:13:49 PM »
Rica said that aliens have normal lifespans, from her tests, anyways.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6394 on: November 14, 2012, 07:43:09 PM »
We're still learning all that needs to be learned about aliens.  This is a new expansion and we always ask for patience.  Also, think about this, alien abduction pregnancies happen when a Sim is abducted.  No child from that union could ever be an heir in any of the dynasties which require children to be born of two people within a household using Try for Baby.  Everything about aliens is very random and not guaranteed so just please be patient.   Also a child born to a male Sim from an alien abduction doesn't have any of the carrier's DNA - it is pure alien.  Therefore there is no bloodline connection.

Our decision will come as soon as we have reviewed everything and are able to decide what is best for the challenges.

Putting this out there early - there is a major holiday in the USA in one week.  That also means that some answers may come slower as Metro & myself spend time with family.  Although if anyone understands needing to handle something it would be my mother the guildmaster.  ::)
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6395 on: November 14, 2012, 10:18:15 PM »
Is there a way to turn Aliens off? I haven't installed Season yet so I'm just wondering.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6396 on: November 14, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »
Aliens are not a part of the population controls because they don't actually live in your world.  They are visitors from another one.  So no there is no way to turn them off.   There are things that will give a better chance at abduction and visitation.   For instance, if you don't want to be abducted.  Use the telescope only when necessary and never keep space rocks on your property or in your inventory and that will reduce your chances greatly. 

The numbers that Carl the genius gave me earlier was that having a space rock increases the chance of abduction by 38% each rock with a cap of 75% which is two rocks.  Plus a base 2% that just comes with the expansion pack and another 13% for telescope use and you're talking a 90% chance if you've done all of the above in a single day.  Aliens only come between 12 pm and 3 am, too and that includes visitation.    You can choose to not raise an alien child which is what we're asking dynasty players to do until further notice.

Getting abducted doesn't do anything but make you lose a few hours in the middle of the night.  The only other thing I've noticed is the pregnancy which has only happened to be once in the two weeks I've played one particular file.  I have had someone abducted all but 3 nights over that entire two week period and there has only been one pregnancy so far.   Funny is that I can't get the married guy pregnant no matter how hard I try.

There are more tests and information to be gathered.  Again I ask for patience and say thank you to all of you for being so.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6397 on: November 14, 2012, 10:39:35 PM »
Thank you Ricalynn, Metro and Ratchie for testing the aliens for us in relation to this challenge and determining whether or not they are suitable for us to play with in the challenges.

And in other news ... it seems that my computer will be back sooner than I thought. Yay for new computer stores and their staff who listen to what you want them to do and actually follow your instructions. :)

They also got an extra sale of an addition slot of ram  (4 Gigs more) as a result out of me. 8 Gigs of RAM now instead of 4 ... lets see how my system copes with Sims 3 now.

Once again, thanks to the challenge coordinators.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #6398 on: November 15, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
I have a Seasons question: May we replace our town's central park with the festival grounds version in the community lots library? It would save me the trouble of trying to find a spot in Twinbrook for it.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6399 on: November 15, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »
Yes - it's fine.  Festival lots are allowed to replace their counterparts.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #6400 on: November 15, 2012, 10:06:07 AM »
Awesome! Thanks Rica.

Off to play while the nooboo naps.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6401 on: November 15, 2012, 05:40:40 PM »
I'm playing in Appaloosa Plains, and Lexington home is occupied by a townie. So, can I place festival grounds somewhere else?
Also, do I have to use the festival grounds lot made for Appaloosa, or I can choose another one of 12 EA festival lots in the library?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6402 on: November 15, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
Okay, I have a question. I know we can have the museum on another lot, which I know I want to do already. I also know that museum pieces are required to be placed before the heir reaches next age. So the question is, If the museum is on a purchased lot, must it thus be purchased before the founder ages up to Adult so that the YA portrait can be placed?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6403 on: November 15, 2012, 11:23:19 PM »
I'm playing in Appaloosa Plains, and Lexington home is occupied by a townie. So, can I place festival grounds somewhere else?
Also, do I have to use the festival grounds lot made for Appaloosa, or I can choose another one of 12 EA festival lots in the library?

Go ahead and place the festival lot where there is space available. 

Okay, I have a question. I know we can have the museum on another lot, which I know I want to do already. I also know that museum pieces are required to be placed before the heir reaches next age. So the question is, If the museum is on a purchased lot, must it thus be purchased before the founder ages up to Adult so that the YA portrait can be placed?

You can purchase off the home lot at a later date if money is an issue but all portraits must be placed somewhere at the time of the Sim's birthday.   Remember if you plan on doing sculpting that all sculptures have to be done on the purchased lot and all done before the lot is purchased can't be moved.  Your museum pieces must all be on the same lot however.    This is why I always find it easier to just leave it on my lot.   Especially if you run into a problem that could possibly make you lose the entire museum at a later date because it was off lot.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6404 on: November 15, 2012, 11:46:04 PM »
What can happen to make me lose it if it is off lot? I decided on off lot because of lag issues. I am concerned about the loading time on my lot getting too high. Thanks for the reminder about sculptures.

By samoht04