Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188422 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6360 on: November 11, 2012, 04:18:11 AM »
It happened via those text box things you get if you travel using a time machine. She doesn't have a permanent bite moodlet, and there were no black and red special effects with bats and so forth around her.

I could be wrong, but I don't think she's turning into a vampire and as just biting doesn't generally have any consequences other than a temporary weakened moodlet, you should be all good on that angle. Wait until Rica or Metro or Rachel wakes up and has an offical ruling though, m'kay?
I hope you don't have to start again Dek!

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6361 on: November 11, 2012, 04:22:57 AM »
I could be wrong, but I don't think she's turning into a vampire and as just biting doesn't generally have any consequences other than a temporary weakened moodlet, you should be all good on that angle. Wait until Rica or Metro or Rachel wakes up and has an offical ruling though, m'kay?
I hope you don't have to start again Dek!

I hope I don't have to start again either, Ladyaya and I hope you're right.

I did get a moodlet that is called "Failed at VR" with the text being "Game over! The binary highways of Virtual Reality are fraught with danger. Thankfully your sim didn't lose in the real world. (From VR Adventure)"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #6362 on: November 11, 2012, 04:25:40 AM »
I hope I don't have to start again either, Ladyaya and I hope you're right.

I did get a moodlet that is called "Failed at VR" with the text being "Game over! The binary highways of Virtual Reality are fraught with danger. Thankfully your sim didn't lose in the real world. (From VR Adventure)"

You're fine. There's no vampire transformation unless you have the Mysterious Bite moodlet, or whatever it is in English.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6363 on: November 11, 2012, 04:27:59 AM »
You're fine. There's no vampire transformation unless you have the Mysterious Bite moodlet, or whatever it is in English.

oh thank you The Sweetest Pea.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #6364 on: November 11, 2012, 04:57:16 AM »
I have two sims that didn't go to work the last time they were supposed to. Lysithea got the one hour until carpool message, and I tried to get her to call up her boss to invite her over or somewhere so I could have Lysi improve their relationship. I check later, and it says that she doesn't work until the next day. I figure that Lysi offended her boss or something, not a big deal. THEN Ciaran the founder gets his one hour to carpool warning. I check later, and it says he doesn't work for the next 48hrs. He never requested time off and neither had he just gotten married. Especially since I married them on tuesday/wednesday - wednesday/thursday being his current days off - so that it didn't affect him. Is this a bug or a random screw up of my game?

Oh and another thing; don't the imaginary friend dolls get sent to the family when the nooboo is a baby? I now have a toddler and she never recieved an imaginary friend doll.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6365 on: November 11, 2012, 05:22:57 AM »
About the IF doll, you don't always get one. It's random, and there is no way to get one if the game decides your child isn't getting it.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #6366 on: November 11, 2012, 05:26:05 AM »
For the work related issues, I think it's a feature that came with Generation. Newlyweds receive 2 work days off.

IF dolls are received in the mail on the first mail delivery available after birth (the mail person shows up around 8.30 am usually). If your toddler hasn't received any doll so far, then I'm afraid that the distant relatives failed to sent it for this kid.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #6367 on: November 11, 2012, 05:29:49 AM »
That's different; every other nooboo that i've had born has gotten an IF. It seems oddd that the carpool in one hour message would pop up if it's just going to cancel Ciaran going to work anyways. Lysi came married to Cameron, so I have no clue why it gave her a day off and her maternity leave was done by now too.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6368 on: November 11, 2012, 05:34:42 AM »
I've received IF dolls most times when a nooboo is born into my controlled household. However there have been the odd times when I haven't.

If I adopt a nooboo instead, they sometimes get an IF doll, however I think that isn't as frequent for me as with nooboos born into the household. In my current game, all of the nooboos so far have received IF dolls ... the adopted nooboos (3) and the born nooboos (1).

I wonder if an alien baby inpregnated into a male sim who has been abducted will get IF dolls.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #6369 on: November 11, 2012, 05:51:45 AM »
I've received IF dolls most times when a nooboo is born into my controlled household. However there have been the odd times when I haven't.

If I adopt a nooboo instead, they sometimes get an IF doll, however I think that isn't as frequent for me as with nooboos born into the household. In my current game, all of the nooboos so far have received IF dolls ... the adopted nooboos (3) and the born nooboos (1).

I wonder if an alien baby inpregnated into a male sim who has been abducted will get IF dolls.

Mwynen is the first nooboo of my immortal dynasty, even if she's not the heir - wrong parents haha. They wouldn't be made real anyways, but the IFs are an easy way to keep a sim toddler/children's socials up. Plus you don't have to worry about feeding them or anything.
Anyways, I think that was all the answers to the questions I needed, so thanks Dek, salti and BellaClo  :)

Anna

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #6370 on: November 11, 2012, 05:52:02 AM »
It seems oddd that the carpool in one hour message would pop up if it's just going to cancel Ciaran going to work anyways. Lysi came married to Cameron, so I have no clue why it gave her a day off and her maternity leave was done by now too.

For the carpool one hour pop up, the same thing happened in my game when my sims married. A new bug probably, but without nasty effects. My sim didn't loose any job performance during those 2 days off, and he was paid just like with maternity leaves. For Lysi that's weird though.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #6371 on: November 11, 2012, 06:04:17 AM »
For the carpool one hour pop up, the same thing happened in my game when my sims married. A new bug probably, but without nasty effects. My sim didn't loose any job performance during those 2 days off, and he was paid just like with maternity leaves. For Lysi that's weird though.

It's odd though, as Ciaran was at work on tuesday, and he was asked to work late, and while he was working late, I got kicked from my game. Next time I open up, Ciaran still has that opp, but he left work later than normal although the opp wasn't completed, and then he had his days off and I got him married. I go to send him to work, and the whole two more days off thing pops up. All he does on his days off is work out, but I wanted him to hit level five on his career, especially since he's at the top of the bar and that work late opp would have let him finish his promotion, but nooo. Game has to crash and then he leaves work late but he doesn't get his promotion. It's totally weird for Lysi though, as her maternity leave had ended the day before, when Mwyn aged up to toddler, unless maternity leave is four days long, not three. And usually maternity leave doesn't tell you you have an hour until your carpool arrives  and then says, oh you have another day off; my bad.

Anna

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6372 on: November 11, 2012, 06:10:01 AM »

I've had a similar thing to that, just with school. I had 2 in primary and 2 in secondary school.

On one day, I had something like, the oldest of the school-aged sims being on his third day in secondary, the next one 2nd day in secondary, the third 3rd/4th in primary, and the fourth one 2nd/3rd day in primary. 1st, 2nd and 4th were adopted as nooboos, 3rd was born to the parents. On this day (I can't recall the day of the week now) the oldest had to go to school, but the other three didn't. The three that stayed at home skilled for the day :) (Including sending teen #2 out to places to be trained).

They didn't lose any school performance as a result. I figured that maybe some teachers went on strike or something. :)

I have also noticed some unusual things happen with regards to my sims and jobs and marriage and parental leave following nooboos, similar to what people have already said. It also doesn't seem to have had any negative impact on their performance.

Dek

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #6373 on: November 11, 2012, 06:18:39 AM »
Oh; and for invisible sims that aren't apart of your household and you can only see where they are by the group icon and sometimes a thought bubble, can you reset sim them and they'll go back to normal?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6374 on: November 11, 2012, 06:24:43 AM »
Oh; and for invisible sims that aren't apart of your household and you can only see where they are by the group icon and sometimes a thought bubble, can you reset sim them and they'll go back to normal?

Sure, that's fine.