Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188382 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6270 on: October 28, 2012, 05:07:08 PM »
No, my file is to large for travel, so I've just been home in the Valley.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6271 on: October 28, 2012, 05:15:27 PM »
I started an experiment, just for kicks, to see if a couple factors make a difference in Vizard of Vine. Sims A, B, and C are all going to try to trigger Vizard...

Sim A is the gardening sim. She planted all the grapes, does all the weeding, fertilizing, and other plant care, plus harvests.
Sim B harvests grapes that were planted by Sim A.
Sim C is using grapes that were grown on the home lot but planted by Sim A and harvested by the other two.

Can anyone else think of any other variations along those lines?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6272 on: October 28, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »
We've had this experiment before I just can't remember what the results were anymore.  I think it had to do with the Max Skills challenge a year or so ago.

Salt - go ahead and count it as done.  It's a known bug and it's crazy what the game makes you do for it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6273 on: October 28, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
Thanks!

I'll keep going anyway, because now I have to know what tips the balance, but it's nice to know I don't have to get it done in order to qualify for ambrosia.

Offline Stellastatistic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6274 on: October 29, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »
My basic setup is that there's a locked door, behind which is the kitchen. There are only three walls, the fourth is left open and has counters and barstools for Sims to sit. I also have a formal Dining Room, in case of overflow. All in all, I can probably sit 12 people in there (6 at the counter, 6 at the Table), and my Founder can be cooking everyone something nice to eat.

Edit: Oh, and of course - the fact that the fridge is in the same room as the general Lounge area means that everyone gets the buff from it (I have the Level 10 Culinary One) when passing through, which is very important.

Seabody, this worked like a charm. Thanks so much, you've saved my dynasty!

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6275 on: October 29, 2012, 05:24:15 PM »
Does the "No pre-Built" thing also apply to the blueprint system?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6276 on: October 29, 2012, 05:29:27 PM »
Does the "No pre-Built" thing also apply to the blueprint system?

Don't rush me!! I'm still having patching issues but as soon as I can figure it out we will let you know.

I'm leaning towards that it's not the same thing so it's ok.  Pre-built means that you are replacing the lot with another one that already has a structure.  The new blueprint mode is placing a furnished room on a lot, right? Is there an advantage other than speed?  Can we make our own rooms?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #6277 on: October 29, 2012, 06:10:30 PM »
You can't make a custom room, just pre-made EA ones that come furnished and decorated. There's even one for hallways.  It would be very useful for someone who can barely build a box successfully, like me. It doesn't look like they come with any super advantageous furniture, just speed. They seem to trade efficiency for decoration.

Fausta Legacy

Offline parabola

• Nooboo
« Reply #6278 on: October 29, 2012, 06:14:48 PM »
I think I've failed my dynasty! I'm on my 7th generation too, boo!

My fourth immortal died of old age, although she had eaten ambrosia that morning and was only 69 days old! Weird thing is, she gave Grim her deathflower and thus survived - I thought that could only happen with accidental death so that was a nice surprise :)

But aren't elders safe from old age death until 90 days or older? She'd made it well into her 80's many times before this so I'm a bit confused! Does this count as a fail?

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #6279 on: October 29, 2012, 06:20:33 PM »
I think I've failed my dynasty! I'm on my 7th generation too, boo!

My fourth immortal died of old age, although she had eaten ambrosia that morning and was only 69 days old! Weird thing is, she gave Grim her deathflower and thus survived - I thought that could only happen with accidental death so that was a nice surprise :)

But aren't elders safe from old age death until 90 days or older? She'd made it well into her 80's many times before this so I'm a bit confused! Does this count as a fail?

I think as long as they don't really die. I believe Rica said something about Artie dying four times and being saved by a death flower.

Fausta Legacy

Offline parabola

• Nooboo
« Reply #6280 on: October 29, 2012, 06:32:31 PM »
I think as long as they don't really die. I believe Rica said something about Artie dying four times and being saved by a death flower.

That sounds promising thank you :)

I've looked up about this death flower and old age death thing and what I can garner is that it's kind of random whether the death flower will save you or not... so if my immortal hadn't been saved by her death flower, would that be a fail then? Just wondering in case it happens again - I'm thinking it must have been a glitch since she had already eaten ambrosia that day  :o

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #6281 on: October 29, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »
If an heir or immortal dies, then there's no coming back, unless they were saved by a death flower. I'm not sure about the rulings related to pets saving sims though.

Fausta Legacy

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6282 on: October 29, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »
Death flowers always save a Sim from death, no matter if it's old age or from an accident.  If there's ever a time when Grim won't accept the death flower, I'm not aware of it. 

Let's wait on a ruling from Metro or Rica about whether the death flower saved your Dynasty, though.  I think it did, but I'm not 100% certain.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6283 on: October 29, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »
I think your visit from Grim gets scheduled at midnight - so if you ate ambrosia the day you were supposed to die, it won't reset that. (Arguably it should.)

I know there are other people who've been saved by death flowers - that's the whole point of having them!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6284 on: October 29, 2012, 08:50:21 PM »
Once someone has eaten ambrosia - they are allowed to carry a deathflower in case of accidental death.  So your dynasty is fine. 

On the subject of pets bringing back a sim, there is a way to avoid that so after the first time there is no excuse to really allow a pet to extend a sim's life.  If it's an immortal, no biggie.  If it's not an immortal than it's a problem.    The way you know if a pet is going to bring a Sim back to life is when you see the action "Harass Death" in their queue.  It can be cancelled.

anything