Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188385 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6240 on: October 25, 2012, 11:33:15 AM »
Thank you for these clarifications, Rica. It definitely feels great to have an official FAQ on Edit Town.

Virtual cookies for allowing Willowglen Ampitheatre to have a changed designation. You don't even know how tempting it was to unlawfully change it to a big park so I could buy it and edit it to be a gorgeous wedding spot.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6241 on: October 25, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
You never cease to amaze me, Rica. Well done. :) I am going to hyperlink that post right in the rule set.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6242 on: October 25, 2012, 09:29:43 PM »
Yes, I feel that is only fair given that we changed the rules after you started. Make it a one shot deal just as players are allowed before they begin -- i.e. one Edit Town session and that's it.

Metro has said it was alright to go back into Edit Town for already established games just this once due to the new rules.  Remember after this, it has to be done via bought property or with permission.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #6243 on: October 26, 2012, 04:47:01 AM »
Starting to sweat a bit on my Gen 3.  Apparently taking a trip abroad can wipe out your racing record, she lost about 6 wins in total.  I still have a few weeks to make them up, but getting those international race wins is proving very hard, even with a unicorn mount.  She's at the top of the horsewoman career, friends to many many horses, has adopted enough wild ones to get those challenges done and gotten her 6 opportunities thanks to charisma.  But getting international level race wins is eluding me, so if anyone has any tips on how to win the big races, I'd love to know!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6244 on: October 26, 2012, 05:45:11 AM »
When I started my current (Generational) attempt at this, I started off by deleting all of the lots that were placed by the game that weren't part of the base game (ie any we were given in Generations, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, Ambitions etc and so forth) I then replaced those ones in the game on existing empty lots where possible, using smaller EA versions of those same ones where necessary (eg the smaller equestrian center). In addition to Vargs and the Velvet Rose, I was able to get a couple of other bars from Late Night into the game. The only thing I wasn't able to get into the game on an existing lot (or by editing the size of an existing lot) was the Film Studio Backlot. All of the lots that are placed by the game were taken up, and I put down a 64x64 lot next to both the legacy lot and the Alto house, and put the EA Film Studio Backlot on that. I did not do anything else, and in fact I haven't tried to use it. Is that a suitable location for that one? If not, I'll happily remove it, as I don't think I've ever sent a sim to tour the studio or take on a film career.

Also, is the Film Studio Backlot used in Union Cove smaller than the EA created one, or the same size as this one?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6245 on: October 26, 2012, 06:24:39 AM »
Starting to sweat a bit on my Gen 3.  Apparently taking a trip abroad can wipe out your racing record, she lost about 6 wins in total.  I still have a few weeks to make them up, but getting those international race wins is proving very hard, even with a unicorn mount.  She's at the top of the horsewoman career, friends to many many horses, has adopted enough wild ones to get those challenges done and gotten her 6 opportunities thanks to charisma.  But getting international level race wins is eluding me, so if anyone has any tips on how to win the big races, I'd love to know!

There are some tips from Mary Marsh on the guide that Metro did for The Jockey that may help.  Here are some things I noticed when supermaxing Amon Grim.   

-Always been in a good mood for rider & horse.  Don't train all day and then go to the race track.   Make sure to do some extra special things for the horse before you go.   I start all my grooming around 4 pm so that by the time the horse has been brushed, fed a carrot, had it's hooves cleaned and gotten to lick a salt lick - it should be ready to go. 
-Change into the saddle that is designated for the type of race you're doing.  If it's a jumping race, put on the jumping saddle. Likewise if you're racing.
-Buy the Lucky Mount horse LTR. 
-If you're jumping - go for broke.
-If you're racing - take risks/go for broke first half then use a steady pace.
-Don't ignore the horse's skill challenges.  Act like you're supermaxing them too for better results.
-If you're using a unicorn, have them bless the rider and if you're using a horse other than the unicorn, have it bless the horse too.

When I started my current (Generational) attempt at this, I started off by deleting all of the lots that were placed by the game that weren't part of the base game (ie any we were given in Generations, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, Ambitions etc and so forth) I then replaced those ones in the game on existing empty lots where possible, using smaller EA versions of those same ones where necessary (eg the smaller equestrian center). In addition to Vargs and the Velvet Rose, I was able to get a couple of other bars from Late Night into the game. The only thing I wasn't able to get into the game on an existing lot (or by editing the size of an existing lot) was the Film Studio Backlot. All of the lots that are placed by the game were taken up, and I put down a 64x64 lot next to both the legacy lot and the Alto house, and put the EA Film Studio Backlot on that. I did not do anything else, and in fact I haven't tried to use it. Is that a suitable location for that one? If not, I'll happily remove it, as I don't think I've ever sent a sim to tour the studio or take on a film career.

Also, is the Film Studio Backlot used in Union Cove smaller than the EA created one, or the same size as this one?

Where you put it is fine if that's where you wanted it.  The UC version is smaller as it's only 50 x 50. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #6246 on: October 26, 2012, 08:01:58 AM »
Quote from: Deklitch on Today at 05:45:11 AM
The only thing I wasn't able to get into the game on an existing lot (or by editing the size of an existing lot) was the Film Studio Backlot. All of the lots that are placed by the game were taken up, and I put down a 64x64 lot next to both the legacy lot and the Alto house, and put the EA Film Studio Backlot on that. I did not do anything else, and in fact I haven't tried to use it. Is that a suitable location for that one? If not, I'll happily remove it, as I don't think I've ever sent a sim to tour the studio or take on a film career.

Oh good I put it there once too and wasn't sure if it was an okay place to put it, saves me from asking about it.(I was going to).  :P All the Late Night bars will fit on Pinochle Point and there are a couple of small to medium sized lots (I forget the exact size) around near the beach too.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #6247 on: October 26, 2012, 08:22:06 AM »
There are some tips from Mary Marsh on the guide that Metro did for The Jockey that may help.  Here are some things I noticed when supermaxing Amon Grim.   

-Always been in a good mood for rider & horse.  Don't train all day and then go to the race track.   Make sure to do some extra special things for the horse before you go.   I start all my grooming around 4 pm so that by the time the horse has been brushed, fed a carrot, had it's hooves cleaned and gotten to lick a salt lick - it should be ready to go. 
-Change into the saddle that is designated for the type of race you're doing.  If it's a jumping race, put on the jumping saddle. Likewise if you're racing.
-Buy the Lucky Mount horse LTR. 
-If you're jumping - go for broke.
-If you're racing - take risks/go for broke first half then use a steady pace.
-Don't ignore the horse's skill challenges.  Act like you're supermaxing them too for better results.
-If you're using a unicorn, have them bless the rider and if you're using a horse other than the unicorn, have it bless the horse too.

Saddles... right.  *heh*  I've been bareback since I got to that level of riding, I didn't even consider using a saddle.  That might actually push me out of the constant 2nd and 3rd places Ive been getting, and I'll remember the blessing tip too!    Thanks for the advice!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6248 on: October 26, 2012, 12:11:28 PM »

Saddles... right.  *heh*  I've been bareback since I got to that level of riding, I didn't even consider using a saddle.  That might actually push me out of the constant 2nd and 3rd places Ive been getting, and I'll remember the blessing tip too!    Thanks for the advice!

Even inn real life it's hard for people to hold onto a bareback horse and win anything to do with jumping, and sometimes racing so why should it be any different for your sims?  :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6249 on: October 26, 2012, 12:13:15 PM »
Even inn real life it's hard for people to hold onto a bareback horse and win anything to do with jumping, and sometimes racing so why should it be any different for your sims?  :)

The funny thing about that is I think I made all my saddles just bridles without saddles so I only ever use bareback anymore if I recall correctly.   It's just whatever the game considers to be your jumping or racing saddle that matters a small amount not what you're actually using.  Which is why Sims is not real life.

Offline Stellastatistic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6250 on: October 26, 2012, 02:30:33 PM »
Ok, so does anyone know how to prevent Sims from making autumn salad if they are given just a fridge and counter space? Mine keep doing it even when their favorite leftovers are already in the fridge and it's beginning to jeopardize my immortal's supermax. Will clutter work to prevent this? I'm just so tired of having to pull leftovers out of the fridge manually and then directing them to eat that.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #6251 on: October 26, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »
Only thing I can think of is "hiding" the fridge, by putting it in a room with a locked door. I've seen others do this, but I can't remember which thread it was on.  :-[

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6252 on: October 26, 2012, 02:36:32 PM »
Ok, so does anyone know how to prevent Sims from making autumn salad if they are given just a fridge and counter space? Mine keep doing it even when their favorite leftovers are already in the fridge and it's beginning to jeopardize my immortal's supermax. Will clutter work to prevent this? I'm just so tired of having to pull leftovers out of the fridge manually and then directing them to eat that.

Don't give them counter space - otherwise you're going to have to manage them 24/7.  Yes having things on the counters will help.  Another idea is put fruit in their inventories.  All of my immortals have Hardly Hungry so I feed them every other day manually when they wake up and then its generally not an issue.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6253 on: October 26, 2012, 03:03:49 PM »
I left cooking open, and maybe use it to get opportunities.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6254 on: October 26, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »
Cooking is my Founder's SuperMax. When she was getting those challenges to cook 50 and 75 meals, I'd have her spam making Sushi. She has a supply of about 50 in the fridge, among other foods, so when it's time to feed (as in, most household members are hungry), I'll pull out around 4 Sushi and serve it up. It helps that she only did Sushi - her Sushi is almost always Perfect Quality. My basic setup is that there's a locked door, behind which is the kitchen. There are only three walls, the fourth is left open and has counters and barstools for Sims to sit. I also have a formal Dining Room, in case of overflow. All in all, I can probably sit 12 people in there (6 at the counter, 6 at the Table), and my Founder can be cooking everyone something nice to eat.

Edit: Oh, and of course - the fact that the fridge is in the same room as the general Lounge area means that everyone gets the buff from it (I have the Level 10 Culinary One) when passing through, which is very important.