Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188391 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6210 on: October 22, 2012, 03:16:11 AM »
Regarding my issues with the motive mobile, it now seems to have fixed itself up. I saved the game, built a car space, exited the game and returned to it later on today. It now only appears the once.

Thanks for your assistance Metro and Ricalynn.

Cyclon3 is now a Ice Personality and has sculpted an ice sculptor of my founder, so he can now sleep again. I just have to wait for the consignment store to bring in a camera for sale. I have been buying things from there daily. Just no camera yet ... it is well into the second week and I am starting to panic that I won't get one in time :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6211 on: October 22, 2012, 06:15:01 AM »
Question about building restrictions here. So I know that you are not allowed to place houses on lots in edit town or move into a pre-made house. Is it okay to rebuild a house created by EA (as in a house in a homeworld) as long as you take care of the building yourself?

If you're talking about just copying an EA house from scratch to be built on your Dynasty lot, sure that's fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6212 on: October 22, 2012, 07:19:44 AM »
Ok I have a small problem, traveling won't work anymore, Egypt loads and then I can scroll but can't click on anything it looks like I hit the tab button, except it scrolls. So now I can't use the spinx or a cobra. Can you tell me exactly how the moodlet manager would cure him, do I just need to get enough lifetime happiness points to buy one the use it on him? And would I need a potent cure elixir or a regular one? He only has like seven days(I think less actually) because it didn't occur to me that this was a grey area until much later after be was cursed since it was the whole I didn't try to curse him so it's accidental but the long time period means if you don't try it's purposeful. He can start learning the alchemy skill since an elixir might not turn up, I wish I could let my founder make one but he is literally a hair away from maxing it (I had him make a ton of those energy elixirs) and I don't want to have him accidently max it and lose alchemy as a supermax, would the motive mobile work? What would be the bet way to go about curing him in the allotted time. Is there any way to cure him without distracting to much from the dynasty goals? I'm sorry for making this so difficult, I really should have just never traveled at all.I really just don't want to fail because I was dumb enough to let my sim fight a mummy.

See if you can get someone to try a potent cure elixir on him.   

How the moodlet manager works is after you get the required LTHP and buy the item it will be in your Sim's inventory.  Anyone, including the cursed one, can use the cure action to try and remove the moodlet.   If other negative moodlets are present, it may take once or twice.   No, the motive mobile wouldn't work because all it does is increase your needs to full whereas the moodlet manager actually removes moodlets from your Sim like mourning, falsely accused, fatigue, and woohoo rejection just to name a few.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #6213 on: October 22, 2012, 02:36:03 PM »
Cyclon3 is now a Ice Personality and has sculpted an ice sculptor of my founder, so he can now sleep again. I just have to wait for the consignment store to bring in a camera for sale. I have been buying things from there daily. Just no camera yet ... it is well into the second week and I am starting to panic that I won't get one in time :(

If you buy items at the consignment store they regenerate a list immediately. It's different than the relic merchant where it's not regenerated until midnight. If your sim has the funds, you can buy out the stock of the store multiple times until the camera shows up. Plus, you can re-consign some of the items you bought or cut the gems for profit.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6214 on: October 22, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »
In addition to what Ivrugger said, selling the books you get from your inventory or at the book store can make you money too so it's not always a total loss.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6215 on: October 22, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »
This isn't a problem for my founder, (Just Immortalized), but for LTR's that give an object, are we forbidden to sell the object?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6216 on: October 22, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »
No and you can even buy more than one since all you do is accumulate LTHP through a very long life.(replicators, moodlet managers, motive mobiles)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6217 on: October 22, 2012, 07:01:11 PM »
oh thanks Ricalynn and lvrugger, I wasn't exactly aware of how the consignment store worked, so it is buy sell buy sell buy sell. I guess that Cyclon3 will be putting in the frequent flyer miles for the next little while.

Offline KittyClaws

• Kitten Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #6218 on: October 23, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
So  now I'm noticing a LOT of werewolves, fairies, and witches in town, to the point that my current heir is having a terrible time finding a normal girl to marry.  :P  I know that fae and wolves are banned due to longer life spans, but why are witches not allowed as spouses?  Can we cure them of their super state? 

Not really related to the challenge, but has anyone else had issues with fairy wings not showing?  More than once I have met a sim who appeared normal, but once their portrait was in the relationship panel, it showed they were a fairy.  But they had no outward signs of it.  This does not affect all faeries.  This is not making the quest for a wife any easier.  XD

ETA:  Late reply, but:  Yes, it was my founder's supermax skill, though he achieved it already.  It just bugs me that he can't garden any more without a fix.

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6219 on: October 23, 2012, 10:51:25 PM »
Witches are allowed and you can either ask them to renounce whatever it is they are under romantic actions (EX: renounce the fae) or throw a potent cure elixir at them.

Offline KittyClaws

• Kitten Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #6220 on: October 23, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »
Ah thanks.   ;D  I'll start having his mom invite over all the witchy girls she's met.  Since she's a party animal, they always show up.  The two girls he had a chance with both aged up to elder about two days after they attended a party-as young adults.  >_<  NPC aging bug.  Didn't know they were at the time. Good to know the cure elixir is allowed.  It widens his options considerably.  Just need to make sure they are young enough to marry and have kids after the cure.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6221 on: October 23, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »
Vampires, Mummies, SimBots, Genies, Fairies and Werewolves are not allowed in your household, but anyone else may be a household member including Imaginary Friends, Ghosts, witches and pets.

Straight from the rules - yes the cure elixir is allowed but it has to be done before they move in.  Renouncing doesn't seem to work nearly as well as just using an elixir does, just so you know.

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6222 on: October 23, 2012, 11:03:38 PM »
Ok ricalynn I don't think I'm going to be able to cure my cursed sim I only have two days left and the sim with the most lifetime happiness points only has 40,000, I don't know if I can make 20,000 more in two days, and a potent cure elixir still hasn't shown up, is there any way to make one appear faster? I'm sorry if I had asked for permission and started trying to save him from the beginning it would've been done by now. Do I fail if he dies? I didn't mean for him to get cursed in the first place....

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6223 on: October 23, 2012, 11:07:32 PM »
Ok ricalynn I don't think I'm going to be able to cure my cursed sim I only have two days left and the sim with the most lifetime happiness points only has 40,000, I don't know if I can make 20,000 more in two days, and a potent cure elixir still hasn't shown up, is there any way to make one appear faster? I'm sorry if I had asked for permission and started trying to save him from the beginning it would've been done by now. Do I fail if he dies? I didn't mean for him to get cursed in the first place....

As long as you're trying to cure him, I'm ok with that.  I understand things happen and if he dies, he dies.  I had a sim die by butt fire because I was tabbed somewhere else.   They were standing next to a dive well at the time.  Kind of funny now that you think about it.   

If you have spare cash on hand from your dynasty, you could try buying out the elixir shop a couple of times until one shows up.  Or see if you can sneak in one last trip to Egypt to get the adventure that sends you to the Sphinx.  I don't remember how big the tomb is but you could always research beforehand to figure out the fastest way there.

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6224 on: October 23, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »
Thank you so much, and I would've gone to Egypt and tried the sphinx or a cobra but traveling won't work anymore, I end up in Egypt but none of my sims do.