Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188378 times)

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6195 on: October 20, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »
Ok, I did feel kinda guilty by deciding to just let him die since it really is easy to cure a cursed sim. I just took it as a sign to just let them have a kid (I had been debating wether or not to let them for a long time) since the dad wouldn't be taking up a slot anymore. But yeah I do see how since it's so easy to cure them and you get such a long time how you should.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6196 on: October 21, 2012, 06:28:55 AM »
I have a question about that scary skill challenge, Guitar Star.

As recommended, I ONLY have Guitar as a skill. I have completed two Guitar Opportunities (In the End (playing for the business office) and I've got your back ... up (playing at the theatre)). A sim day after completing I've got your back ... up, I've been offered "In the End" again. At the moment I've accepted it, however before I do it (I've essentially got a sim week to go before it must be completed) I wanted to check that accepting the offer to do the same opportunity more than once counts towards the Guitar Star skill challenge, before I actually make my mind up regarding doing it or giving it a miss. :)

Also, I wanted to confirm that in terms of black op requirements, "In the End" can only be claimed once.

So, my questions are ...
1) Can the same guitar skill opportunity count multiple times towards the Guitar Star skill challenge, if you roll it up multiple times?
and
2) Does the same guitar skill opportunity only counts once in terms of the six black ops, regardless of how many times you roll it up?

Many thanks,

Dek

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6197 on: October 21, 2012, 06:37:23 AM »
1) Can the same guitar skill opportunity count multiple times towards the Guitar Star skill challenge, if you roll it up multiple times?

No idea, but I should assume so.

2) Does the same guitar skill opportunity only counts once in terms of the six black ops, regardless of how many times you roll it up?

Yes, it does.

I have a question - are Mods like Pose Player allowed - does it fall under the CC rule, or does it count as a Mod?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6198 on: October 21, 2012, 07:11:17 AM »

So, my questions are ...
and

It does. All you need to complete it are 10 completed ops, not ten individual ones.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6199 on: October 21, 2012, 07:32:54 AM »

I have a question - are Mods like Pose Player allowed - does it fall under the CC rule, or does it count as a Mod?

No Mods are allowed.  Period.  So Pose Player is not allowed. 

@Dek - the others are right for the skill challenge you can repeat the same one over and over and it counts for that.   You have to have 6 that are named different as well as unique from other immortals to count for blackops.  So you can't have two "In the End"s on your blackops list.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6200 on: October 21, 2012, 07:44:22 AM »

It does. All you need to complete it are 10 completed ops, not ten individual ones.

[/quote]
2) Does the same guitar skill opportunity only count once in terms of the six black ops, regardless of how many times you complete it?

Yes, it does.

Thanks Seabody and Saltpastillen.

Another two questions if you don't mind, concerning Nooboos, and specifically in this challenge.

Does the rule regarding both parents needing to live on the lot with the exception of Immortal 7 bringing in Immortal 8 relate to just the immortals or all members of the house ... eg Emma Hatch (helper and part of household) becomes girlfriend of one of the Frio brothers (not part of household). If I choose that Emma wants to have a kid with Mr Frio, do I need to move him in first?

Same question, but opposite roles with regards to Cyclone Sword and let's say Zelda Mae.

And a question relating to LTR objects given to mortals.
Cyclone Sword (my sculptor) changed LTW to Renaissance Sim and got his 3 skills mastered. Due to LTHPs saved, he got enough to pick up the motive mobile. When he dies (a long time from now) will the motive mobile go with him, or will it stay in the household?

It doesn't matter to me either way, I'd just like to be prepared for it, should it disappear on me.

Edit

@Dek - the others are right for the skill challenge you can repeat the same one over and over and it counts for that.   You have to have 6 that are named different as well as unique from other immortals to count for blackops.  So you can't have two "In the End"s on your blackops list.

Thanks Ricalynn

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6201 on: October 21, 2012, 07:46:14 AM »
And a question relating to LTR objects given to mortals.
Cyclone Sword (my sculptor) changed LTW to Renaissance Sim and got his 3 skills mastered. Due to LTHPs saved, he got enough to pick up the motive mobile. When he dies (a long time from now) will the motive mobile go with him, or will it stay in the household?

Nope, it'll stay.

No Mods are allowed.  Period.  So Pose Player is not allowed. 

I thought not. Still, thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6202 on: October 21, 2012, 07:47:04 AM »

Does the rule regarding both parents needing to live on the lot with the exception of Immortal 7 bringing in Immortal 8 relate to just the immortals or all members of the house ... eg Emma Hatch (helper and part of household) becomes girlfriend of one of the Frio brothers (not part of household). If I choose that Emma wants to have a kid with Mr Frio, do I need to move him in first?

As I understand it, it's only the heir's birth that has any restrictions.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6203 on: October 21, 2012, 07:52:46 AM »
Hi Dek  :)
Emma can have someone else's baby no problem.  Cycl0n3 can infest the town with Sw0rds.  It's just the the heir that has to be born of two people in the house.   So once the heir is born, you could even have a male founder attempt to populate the town.  (I know nothing about doing this -whistles-)

Seabody & saltpastillen - thanks for answering

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6204 on: October 21, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »
Thanks Ricalynn, Saltpastilen and Seabody for your answers. I thought that was the case with regards to the nooboos and the motive mobile, I just wanted to make sure.

Oh and I'm just now realising just how awesome the motive mobile is in game. I think I like it even more than I like the potent invigoration elixir, or whatever that elixir is that lets your sim be up without sleep for 24+ hour, as you can put multiple sims in it and send them around the corner and return home and let them get back on with their skilling activities. Poor Cyclon3 no longer is living on coffee ... and none of my six sims (5 YA and 1 A) need to use their beds for sleeping just for *ahem* nooboo making purposes.

My biggest challenge for my founder is not going to be him supermaxing guitar, believe it or not. :D It is going to be achieving his LTW of One Sim Band. :) Though with the motive mobile and what I intend for his 3rd Unique LTR, I'm hopeful that he'll get it without too many issues. As I've observed previously, I'm mad.

Edit: Umm ... the motive mobile seems to be multiplying. I had Cyclon3 purchase it with his LTHPs and he gave it to a couple of the others in the house (Blair and Tamara) to use. They gave it back to him. Now on looking through their personal inventories, all three of them have a motive mobile. Cyclon3's is described as 'Cyclon3's preferred motive mobile 3000, and Blair and Tamara's is simply called Motive Magenta 3000.

Aha! I've just tried to move them out of their personal inventories. The one held by Blair allows me to do so, and shows it up as having a value of $4500. The ones held by Cyclon3 and Tamara don't allow me to do that. So it would appear I still only have the 1, and for some reason it still appears in the others' personal inventory. Will this cause any problems?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6205 on: October 21, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »
Aha! I've just tried to move them out of their personal inventories. The one held by Blair allows me to do so, and shows it up as having a value of $4500. The ones held by Cyclon3 and Tamara don't allow me to do that. So it would appear I still only have the 1, and for some reason it still appears in the others' personal inventory. Will this cause any problems?

Well, fingers crossed, hopefully not. Make sure to save often and go back to earlier saves if things seem to wig out on you. ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6206 on: October 21, 2012, 11:50:04 AM »
One option would be to go ahead and place a car space whether it's on the land or in a basement and place the Motive Mobile on it.  Then maybe exit from the game, clear caches and go back in to see if they all still show as having one.

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6207 on: October 22, 2012, 12:45:45 AM »

Edit: Actually there are five known ways to cure the curse and I'm betting the cure elixirs work too.  And the curse lasts for 14 days.  I say cure him.

Ok I have a small problem, traveling won't work anymore, Egypt loads and then I can scroll but can't click on anything it looks like I hit the tab button, except it scrolls. So now I can't use the spinx or a cobra. Can you tell me exactly how the moodlet manager would cure him, do I just need to get enough lifetime happiness points to buy one the use it on him? And would I need a potent cure elixir or a regular one? He only has like seven days(I think less actually) because it didn't occur to me that this was a grey area until much later after be was cursed since it was the whole I didn't try to curse him so it's accidental but the long time period means if you don't try it's purposeful. He can start learning the alchemy skill since an elixir might not turn up, I wish I could let my founder make one but he is literally a hair away from maxing it (I had him make a ton of those energy elixirs) and I don't want to have him accidently max it and lose alchemy as a supermax, would the motive mobile work? What would be the bet way to go about curing him in the allotted time. Is there any way to cure him without distracting to much from the dynasty goals? I'm sorry for making this so difficult, I really should have just never traveled at all.I really just don't want to fail because I was dumb enough to let my sim fight a mummy.

Offline Stellastatistic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6208 on: October 22, 2012, 02:57:46 AM »
Question about building restrictions here. So I know that you are not allowed to place houses on lots in edit town or move into a pre-made house. Is it okay to rebuild a house created by EA (as in a house in a homeworld) as long as you take care of the building yourself?

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6209 on: October 22, 2012, 03:09:17 AM »
I would think that if you're building it on your home lot, then you could do that, but you'd need to avoid entering Edit Town (ie make a detailed floor plan). To be safe though, wait for Metro or Rica.