Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188370 times)

Offline Dagger

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6165 on: October 17, 2012, 03:09:57 AM »
Alright The Marvelous Dynasty has started. I've never written about my previous attempts, but I just may for this one. It might help me to actually come up with a story (or borrow story elements from the comics)

Do you guys have any tips for writing stories about your dynasty?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6166 on: October 17, 2012, 03:11:23 AM »
Are you allowed to use spouses as unique friends in an Immortal Dynasty?

We actually have a thread specifically dedicated to questions about the Immortal Dynasty challenge.  I'm merging this thread with it for you.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6167 on: October 17, 2012, 03:11:28 AM »
The only thing I ever really do in any story is try to not mold my characters, but let them grow up on their own.

Offline Stellastatistic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6168 on: October 17, 2012, 03:15:00 AM »
We actually have a thread specifically dedicated to questions about the Immortal Dynasty challenge.  I'm merging this thread with it for you.

Thanks, Pam. Don't know how I didn't see this thread.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6169 on: October 17, 2012, 06:07:40 AM »
The thread is the rule thread! I would hope you had seen it before now.   Welcome to the forum Stellastatistic.

Spouses can count for unique best friends as long as no other immortal claims them.  Which while improbable that the parent will be around for the child's elder birthday, not completely unheard of.  I usually use the spouse (if alive) and get a rabbit hole job to use co workers for BF requirement.  This way it's not difficult to maintain the friendship because you talk to them at least once a week.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6170 on: October 17, 2012, 06:10:16 AM »
No, both the lunar phase settings and the population control is player's choice, but once you choose it, you can't change it.

Does that also extend to the option of 'opting active family out of Celebrity system'?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6171 on: October 17, 2012, 06:22:50 AM »
Does that also extend to the option of 'opting active family out of Celebrity system'?

Yes.   That entire screen is player's choice but think of it like a crock pot.  Set it and Forget it.  You do not go back into that screen to make changes after you've started.  So be careful when switching between files because it's set for all of your saves within the TS3 folder.  If you adjust it in another file, make sure it's right before loading up that dynasty file.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6172 on: October 17, 2012, 09:15:43 AM »
If one gets a new expansion (IE: LN) In the middle, is one allowed to reopen that menu and change the celebrity checkbox?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6173 on: October 17, 2012, 09:36:29 AM »
If you suddenly get new options you didn't have before, than yes you can go ahead and make the adjustments to that change.  However that's really the only time.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6174 on: October 17, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »
I've placed the Plumbob Studio Backlot down on Sunset Valley at the end of Pinochio street at the end that forms a T intersection with Sierra Tango Drive which leads up to the military base. Is that fine with regards to this challenge?

If not, I'm more than happy to remove it before play :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6175 on: October 18, 2012, 07:04:10 AM »
I've placed the Plumbob Studio Backlot down on Sunset Valley at the end of Pinochio street at the end that forms a T intersection with Sierra Tango Drive which leads up to the military base. Is that fine with regards to this challenge?

Sounds fine to me. Sunset Valley does not come with a studio by default in a fresh file and you added one which is totally within the rules.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6176 on: October 18, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »
Thanks Metro.

I'm trying out photography. Does a photograph of my Founder as a Young Adult playing the Bass and titled (by Sims 3) as "Rocking Out" satisfy the requirement for his Young Adult photo?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6177 on: October 18, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »
Thanks Metro.

I'm trying out photography. Does a photograph of my Founder as a Young Adult playing the Bass and titled (by Sims 3) as "Rocking Out" satisfy the requirement for his Young Adult photo?

Yes it does because it's the Immortal that's "Rocking Out" so he clearly is the focus of the photo.

Offline KittyClaws

• Kitten Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #6178 on: October 19, 2012, 03:23:17 AM »
Is anyone else being driven insane by the gardening bug in SN?  Poor Destiny-my founder-can barely tend his pride and joy anymore because every time I tell him to do anything to his plants, he suffers a jump error and the queue drops.   :(  It's no longer needed to complete his immortal requirements, but it keeps him busy-or did, before the bug-and provides fantastic cooking ingredients.  Now, though....if it wouldn't fail the challenge, I'd go pop in a mod to fix it.  Shame, really.  I know the bug is related to a mushroom, but it affects all the plants, and began before he planted any.

I just wish EA would stop mucking up their own coding every time they release an expansion or patch!  They need a better testing system, maybe.  Let some of the players test the content for you prior to release; lots of other games have great success with this approach.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6179 on: October 19, 2012, 03:32:17 AM »
Is anyone else being driven insane by the gardening bug in SN?  Poor Destiny-my founder-can barely tend his pride and joy anymore because every time I tell him to do anything to his plants, he suffers a jump error and the queue drops.   :(  It's no longer needed to complete his immortal requirements, but it keeps him busy-or did, before the bug-and provides fantastic cooking ingredients.  Now, though....if it wouldn't fail the challenge, I'd go pop in a mod to fix it.  Shame, really.  I know the bug is related to a mushroom, but it affects all the plants, and began before he planted any.

I just wish EA would stop mucking up their own coding every time they release an expansion or patch!  They need a better testing system, maybe.  Let some of the players test the content for you prior to release; lots of other games have great success with this approach.

Metro OK'd Overwatch to be used to fix this bug for me, so I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to. :)

anything