Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188429 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6150 on: October 16, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »
Can I grow plants in Lunar Lakes the same way as elsewhere? Just on the sandy ground instead of the grassy ground.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6151 on: October 16, 2012, 06:16:45 PM »
Oh yes - plus if you look around most of the lots in Lunar Lakes have their own food source.  It's a stranded moon after all!

Shameless Dynasty plug Picture

You can see the plants behind Miss I need a Makeover Now.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6152 on: October 16, 2012, 07:40:36 PM »
Thanks :) I love this spouse I found in Lunar Lakes ... high enough painting skill to do founder YA portrait straight away, not grumpy like a certain Agnes. However, she is does not have much by the way of money, nor does she have a vehicle, but I think that's par for the course with Lunar Lakes, and she is unlucky. I may for once give a non-immortal the Midlife-Crisis Reward and change Unlucky or Frugal for Savvy Sculptor. Oh yes, and she has a child aged kid and a teenage aged kid. Not too bad stats between the two of them, either. Plus the teen comes with a laptop.

SimBlip

« Reply #6153 on: October 16, 2012, 08:08:47 PM »
There are nine stereos in my dynasty house, all upgraded with improved speakers. (I double-checked this at least four times.) That makes three upgraded stereos on each floor. The stereos on the ground floor are on, all the rest is switched off.

Here is my problem... When my Sims try to sleep, they react to a turned off stereo on the upper floor. They don't show me which one, because they claim to have a routing problem. They can, however, use the stairs to go one level up without problem.
I stored all the upstairs stereos in the family inventory. Eventually, I deleted them... but the problem persists. My Sims still think that there is a wired stereo playing on the upper floor.

Generation 2 is a tod and - thank goodness - a heavy sleeper. But, my other Sims can't sleep.
I suppose, I can work around this with the moodlet manager. And I suppose, I can get some (eight?) sarcophagi from Egypt when the travel restriction is lifted. But, in the meantime, it's rather inconvenient.

Ideas anyone? Is there a solution for this problem?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6154 on: October 16, 2012, 08:31:32 PM »
There are nine stereos in my dynasty house, all upgraded with improved speakers. (I double-checked this at least four times.) That makes three upgraded stereos on each floor. The stereos on the ground floor are on, all the rest is switched off.

Here is my problem... When my Sims try to sleep, they react to a turned off stereo on the upper floor. They don't show me which one, because they claim to have a routing problem. They can, however, use the stairs to go one level up without problem.
I stored all the upstairs stereos in the family inventory. Eventually, I deleted them... but the problem persists. My Sims still think that there is a wired stereo playing on the upper floor.

Generation 2 is a tod and - thank goodness - a heavy sleeper. But, my other Sims can't sleep.
I suppose, I can work around this with the moodlet manager. And I suppose, I can get some (eight?) sarcophagi from Egypt when the travel restriction is lifted. But, in the meantime, it's rather inconvenient.

Ideas anyone? Is there a solution for this problem?

And you're absolutely certain not a single stereo in the house is "wired house with speakers" versus "improved speakers".  And you're absolutely certain you don't have any of those wall speakers - the little white ones that came with showtime or even the ones that came with Late Night. 

Why not turn off the stereos downstairs and see if that helps?  Did you figure out which one of them is doing it downstairs and maybe replace it instead of all the ones upstairs.   Do you have any outside?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

SimBlip

« Reply #6155 on: October 16, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »
And you're absolutely certain not a single stereo in the house is "wired house with speakers" versus "improved speakers".  And you're absolutely certain you don't have any of those wall speakers - the little white ones that came with showtime or even the ones that came with Late Night. 

Why not turn off the stereos downstairs and see if that helps?  Did you figure out which one of them is doing it downstairs and maybe replace it instead of all the ones upstairs.   Do you have any outside?

You are brilliant, Rica.  :D
There is not a single stereo wired with house speakers, and certainly no wall speakers (do not have the Ep for that).
I went back into the game and turned off all stereos downstairs. That did the trick!
After watching my Sim sleep for a bit, I turned these back on, but she kept sleeping. Great!
I'm a bit miffed about deleting three upgraded stereos on the upper floor now, but I can live with that.
Thanks a million, Rica!

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6156 on: October 16, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
So with Lunar Lakes. Do the zombies destroy all the vegetation at the parks? I saw that memories of sunset valley had open plants. I envision them all getting destroyed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6157 on: October 16, 2012, 09:39:21 PM »
You don't have to have zombies/full moons unless you want them.  So far I only see zombies where my Sims are so I've never noticed any destroyed plants at the parks.   And there are a lot of open gardens all over the map.  LL is not lacking in starter produce. 

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6158 on: October 16, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
Zombies were munching on the death flower at the graveyard one night. I was most saddened. I think that was at Sunset Valley.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6159 on: October 16, 2012, 10:19:32 PM »
Maybe a dumb question, but do Bass, Drums, and Piano count as just one skill the musical instruments skill or 3 different? I'm guessing 3 different, but I want to be 100% sure for my planning.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6160 on: October 16, 2012, 10:25:20 PM »
Maybe a dumb question, but do Bass, Drums, and Piano count as just one skill the musical instruments skill or 3 different? I'm guessing 3 different, but I want to be 100% sure for my planning.

Bass, Drums, Piano & Guitar are all different skills.   They're also some of the hardest skills to supermax if you're not careful.  I'm not saying don't do them but I am say have a backup.   On a good day, it will take me something close to 7 weeks to get the 10 opportunities you need for Guitar/Drum/Bass/Piano Star and that's with not knowing any other skills.    Unless it's changed recently, the instrument skills seem to have the worst luck in popping opportunities.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6161 on: October 17, 2012, 02:03:30 AM »
You don't have to have zombies/full moons unless you want them.  So far I only see zombies where my Sims are so I've never noticed any destroyed plants at the parks.   And there are a lot of open gardens all over the map.  LL is not lacking in starter produce.
I thought you had to keep it default, which means Full moon on?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6162 on: October 17, 2012, 02:06:12 AM »
No, both the lunar phase settings and the population control is player's choice, but once you choose it, you can't change it.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6163 on: October 17, 2012, 02:19:01 AM »
That's awesome, because I was really sick of everyone becoming a vampire, werewolf, or every other supernatural. I mean everyone was turning into a supernatural.

Offline Stellastatistic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6164 on: October 17, 2012, 03:09:14 AM »
Are you allowed to use spouses as unique friends in an Immortal Dynasty?

anything