Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188369 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6135 on: October 16, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »
I think it's a combination  of going small and also which world tends to create less lag on your computer. I picked Sunset Valley, not because it's my favorite, but because I know I never have any routing issues there, like I have in Hidden Springs of Appolosa Plains, but I think it differs from computer to computer.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6136 on: October 16, 2012, 04:57:33 PM »
Twinbrook and Appaloosa Plains seem pretty comparable in size to Sunset Valley, and they're both nowhere near as overused. Placing extra lots is a bit of a nightmare in Twinbrook, though there is space near the Curious home, the military base, and Juan Darer's house. I can't say as much for Appaloosa Plains due to a lack of experience there.

Didn't know about the routing in AP, though. Twinbrook runs like a dream on my pitiful set-up, so it might be a consideration for you too.

Moonlight Falls is the smoothest running town for me, and there is plenty of extra space for new lots. The population is tiny though, and most of them are supernaturals, but it's possible to do an immortal dynasty there. The combined rabbitholes are nightmarish for opportunities, but you could rely on skill ops that aren't tied to rabbitholes. Maybe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6137 on: October 16, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »
Twinbrook has a place or two that doesn't always cause a routing problem but it can still happen over near the waterfront park across from central park.  Riverview is nice and it has a lot of spaces.  SV has spaces.   Store world Lucky Palms has a TON of spaces plus you can pick your dynasty lot.  Hidden springs caused me to fail once so while I love it - it doesn't work for me generationally.

Like Saltpastillen said though - it could depend on your rig or luck. 

I'm actually about to complete a dynasty in Lunar Lakes - not a lot of space but it's given me no issues. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6138 on: October 16, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »
Rica, I thought about Lunar Lakes. How big is it? (loading wise) compared to SV?

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6139 on: October 16, 2012, 05:10:52 PM »
I've just started in Lunar Lakes, a change not to have all the greenness around

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6140 on: October 16, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »
It doesn't seem to take any more time to load than Sunset Valley.   It has some nice size lots and yeah you have to get used to not seeing grass.  All the town homes are really cramped but luckily as a dynasty person you're not restricted.  I know ratchie and NickyDuvyrda both loved it right beside me doing it. 

And it has three pools!  I bought one and put the vault of antiquity and gypsy wagon there.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6141 on: October 16, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »
Ummm ... when I started up in Lunar Lakes, I saw 15 Hyperion Highway which is a 64 by 64 lot. I thought that because it was the maximum size that must have been the immortal dynasty lot. I've since discovered that the rules say that #45 Hyperion Highway should be used as the immortal dynasty lot, that is a 60 by 60 lot. Can I continue playing in this version, or do I need to change to #45?

Edit: Restarting might be a good thing, my mind fell asleep on me, and I didn't check on things like a junk yard/consignment store. Apparently none of the expansion pack locations get added to Lunar Lakes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6142 on: October 16, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
Actually, Dek you read my mind.  Metro just approved the secondary lot as an option for Lunar Lakes.   Now if you don't mind my head feels crowded today. ;)  You're fine.  Stay where you are and let me go ahead and add it to the rules.  Although, I will admit I like living at the 60 x 60 lot and placing some of the pets/studio stuff over where you moved in because of the open spacing.

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6143 on: October 16, 2012, 05:30:43 PM »
Appaloosa Plains turned out pretty good for my immortals, I have second generation there and don't ask for better. It runs smoothly, no big issues, plains are plainy. I don't recall any major routing lags there.
AP has enough seeds; look, for example, under the Hangman's Tree and at Pomona Promenade. Appaloosa County Water Treatment resembles Riverview Fish Hatchery -- plenty of fish everywhere.
The downside is combined rabbitholes; also, plenty of stray and townie pets (adorable, but CPU-loading). :)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6144 on: October 16, 2012, 05:38:10 PM »
The following rule clarifications have been made:
The alchemy elixirs to turn Sims into a fairy, vampire, werewolf, or genie are banned from use against townies as this extends their lives.
All Sims that are toadified have to be cured as this can cause them to become age stuck.

So...to supermax alchemy, use any elixer but those ones?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6145 on: October 16, 2012, 05:39:33 PM »
If they are not already on the banned list - then yes.  Remember there is also a line about the ones that reverse/extend/freeze/shorten life.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6146 on: October 16, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »
If they are not already on the banned list - then yes.  Remember there is also a line about the ones that reverse/extend/freeze/shorten life.

Flasks of angry bees and friendship it is!  ;D

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6147 on: October 16, 2012, 05:57:44 PM »
I've actually changed my mind on restarting. :) I'll deal with a lack of consignment store/junk yard etc.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #6148 on: October 16, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »
I recommend Flask of Angry Bees for the comedic value, as well as the fact that it is incredibly easy to mass produce.

As for Elixirs to sell, I recommend Bottled Vampire bites, it takes only a few batches of them to hit 10.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #6149 on: October 16, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »
I did a google search for sunset valley dreamweaver, and I found pam's layout of late night stuff. Link

anything