Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188381 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6060 on: October 11, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »
Looks like there is a little typo in the ruleset:I believe the 64x64 empty lot in LP is 54 Golf Links Lane. Number 64 is nowhere to be found.
Also, it's 228 Sedona Lane, not Drive.

Thank you for catching this.   It's already fixed.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6061 on: October 11, 2012, 12:47:43 PM »
Buildings are quantified as rabbitholes minus the gypsy caravan and the graveyard, plus places like clubs and the library, right?
And properties are parks, the graveyard, and swimming pools and the like?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6062 on: October 11, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »
Rabbit holes are buildings that are bought through the check real estate action on your Sim's cell phone or computer.  They will be labeled as buildings on that screen.  Just like properties will be labeled as properties on that screen.   All properties need to be upgraded to 3 stars before they count for your dynasty requirements.

To help you out though.

Caravan = rabbit hole/building
Graveyard = property
Clubs = property
Library = property
Parks = property
Pools = property
Business building = rabbit hole/building
Bistro = Rabbit hole/building

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #6063 on: October 11, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
Okay, I have a question that I'm 90% sure what the answer is, but I have to know for exact sure.

What happened is that one of my non-immortals got the Op to hand off a life fruit to a townie for simoleons. I put the life fruit in her inventory and sent her on her way. I left her alone for a moment, and when I came back, the life fruit was gone, but she didn't complete the challenge. Since I couldn't find it anywhere, I have a suspicion that she ate it (even though she didn't have a hungry moodlet when I sent her out), but since I didn't see her eat it, it might have glitched out. I didn't know how old she was that day, so I couldn't tell if she ate it that way.

My question is, can I use a backup save, or do I absolutely have to restart? I understand if I have to restart, but I just want to know if that's the definite only answer.

Also, on a side note, how can you keep track of how many weeks/days have gone by in-game? Is there an automatic in-game method, or do you manually have to write it down?
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6064 on: October 11, 2012, 10:33:01 PM »
Also, on a side note, how can you keep track of how many weeks/days have gone by in-game? Is there an automatic in-game method, or do you manually have to write it down?

I can't help you with your first question, but to find out the day and week, simply hover your mouse cursor over the time at the bottom of the interface, and a little box will appear that will say "Day X, Week X"

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6065 on: October 11, 2012, 10:57:59 PM »
Okay, I have a question that I'm 90% sure what the answer is, but I have to know for exact sure.

What happened is that one of my non-immortals got the Op to hand off a life fruit to a townie for simoleons. I put the life fruit in her inventory and sent her on her way. I left her alone for a moment, and when I came back, the life fruit was gone, but she didn't complete the challenge. Since I couldn't find it anywhere, I have a suspicion that she ate it (even though she didn't have a hungry moodlet when I sent her out), but since I didn't see her eat it, it might have glitched out. I didn't know how old she was that day, so I couldn't tell if she ate it that way.

My question is, can I use a backup save, or do I absolutely have to restart? I understand if I have to restart, but I just want to know if that's the definite only answer.

The best way to know if she ate it is to check her memories.  Every time a Sim eats a life fruit they get a memory about it.  If your Sim did eat the life fruit, it's a failure and you need to restart.  Unless you're not going for HoF, if you don't care about Hall of Fame then you don't have to follow the rules. 

As fortheloveofcake said - Just mouse over the time of day and it will give you the week and day.   Every game always starts on Week 1, Day 1.  The only time this wouldn't be accurate would be if you had to switch towns due to a glitch and you had permission to do so.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6066 on: October 11, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »
The best way to know if she ate it is to check her memories.  Every time a Sim eats a life fruit they get a memory about it.  If your Sim did eat the life fruit, it's a failure and you need to restart.  Unless you're not going for HoF, if you don't care about Hall of Fame then you don't have to follow the rules. 

As fortheloveofcake said - Just mouse over the time of day and it will give you the week and day.   Every game always starts on Week 1, Day 1.  The only time this wouldn't be accurate would be if you had to switch towns due to a glitch and you had permission to do so.

You can't go back to a previous save and go from there?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6067 on: October 11, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »

The following 4 items are banned across the board for non-immortals and pets and only pre-Ambrosia for immortals:
  • 1. Getting a tattoo.
  • 2. Getting a makeover. However, the Stylist career is not offlimits, so you're free to give makeovers to other non household Sims. Just be honest and avoid giving makeovers to any Sim where their longer life from the makeover would be a benefit to your Dynasty.
  • 3. Eating life fruit or drinking a mixology drink made with life fruit.
  • 4. Getting plastic surgery.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6068 on: October 11, 2012, 11:11:11 PM »
And going back to previous saves is saved for pretty extreme circumstances.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6069 on: October 11, 2012, 11:13:52 PM »
You can't go back to a previous save and go from there?

Going back to a previous save without permission is cheating and also banned.   It's like quitting the game without saving - that's cheating.  Just because something doesn't go your way doesn't mean you can just forget it happened.  You have to roll with the challenges that the game gives you.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #6070 on: October 11, 2012, 11:47:12 PM »

Thanks Ricalynn! I had no idea about the memory, so I'll be sure to check. If she ate it, I'll definitely start over.

Also, thank you and Cake both for the date checker! (:
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6071 on: October 12, 2012, 02:07:53 AM »
Thanks Ricalynn! I had no idea about the memory, so I'll be sure to check. If she ate it, I'll definitely start over.

Also, thank you and Cake both for the date checker! (:

Just as a side note, insane Sims will randomly eat things in their inventory on their own for no reason.  If your Sim is insane, that might be what happened.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6072 on: October 12, 2012, 07:29:26 AM »
Just as a side note, insane Sims will randomly eat things in their inventory on their own for no reason.  If your Sim is insane, that might be what happened.

I once had an insane fishing Sim eat all 52 garlic cloves in her inventory while I wasn't watching her. 

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6073 on: October 12, 2012, 09:41:56 PM »
Right then ... a question I had with regards to placing the gypsy caravan on a lot.

I understand that doing this changes the lot in question from a property to a rabbit hole/building. Is the functionality of the previous property lost? For example, someone buys the town library and places the gypsy wagon there. Will the library still function as a library, even though it is a rabbithole/building rather than a property? If we have a sim buy two properties (for example a fishing spot and a park), and put the gypsy wagon on let's say the park, turning it into a rabbit hole/building, will that then qualify for the building ownership part of the immortal requirements?

Thank you

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6074 on: October 12, 2012, 09:45:32 PM »
Right then ... a question I had with regards to placing the gypsy caravan on a lot.

I understand that doing this changes the lot in question from a property to a rabbit hole/building. Is the functionality of the previous property lost? For example, someone buys the town library and places the gypsy wagon there. Will the library still function as a library, even though it is a rabbithole/building rather than a property? If we have a sim buy two properties (for example a fishing spot and a park), and put the gypsy wagon on let's say the park, turning it into a rabbit hole/building, will that then qualify for the building ownership part of the immortal requirements?

Thank you

Dek

The functionality is not lost because the lot remains the same it just becomes a property that is unable to be bought so the game sells it.  You can't own land that a rabbit hole sits on except for mausoleum.  The park with the gypsy caravan would have been sold as in as soon as the caravan has been placed, that property is owned by the town.  You would still need to purchase a building for the requirement.  Just because you placed the caravan, doesn't mean you own it.  It just means you gave it a home.