Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188426 times)

Offline Zuberi

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6045 on: October 10, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
Just thought I'd post an update on my progress. Currently I have three generations of immortals, a Cook, a Gardener, and a Painter. The fourth generation, a Fisherman, is well on his way, having supermaxed his skill, completed the perfect aquarium, and reached level 9 of his career with time to spare in Young Adulthood. He recently got married to a traveling musician he met in the park. Meant for her to just be one of his friends, but when he learned she was also an angler and loved the outdoors, hearts started to swoon. A baby is in the oven as we speak. His love life is looking a lot more promising than the previous 3 generations.

The founder had a passionate, if short, romance by marrying a man ages older than her. She stole him away from his wife and 5 kids so he could camp outside and "commune" with nature with her. The next 2 generations both married slobs who hated art and grumbled every minute that they had to paint for the family. One was a technophobe as well, while the other was always brooding over the hollowness of life in the middle of the kitchen floor.

This challenge has been very educational for me so far. I've learned how to garden, how to fish, how to use the consignment store, the wonders of ambrosia, the secret to locking doors (pesky sims keep trying to learn new skills!), the colored border around a sim indicates which type of supernatural it is (invalidated an attempt by marrying a werewolf), and so much more. I really love how difficult it is and the structure it gives to gameplay. I like having a goal I'm working towards. Thank you to the people who came up with this.

I do have a question as I'm starting to get close to it. How do you choose the gender of your child to make the 7th generation female? I know watching kids shows and listening to children's music will increase the likelihood of multiples, is there something like that for gender? If it is just luck am I allowed to go back to a previous save and try the pregnancy over again or do I have to start all over again because of dumb blind luck? If I have to start all over again when I'm that far along because of something I absolutely can't control....I may cry.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6046 on: October 10, 2012, 12:07:31 AM »
Just thought I'd post an update on my progress. Currently I have three generations of immortals, a Cook, a Gardener, and a Painter. The fourth generation, a Fisherman, is well on his way, having supermaxed his skill, completed the perfect aquarium, and reached level 9 of his career with time to spare in Young Adulthood. He recently got married to a traveling musician he met in the park. Meant for her to just be one of his friends, but when he learned she was also an angler and loved the outdoors, hearts started to swoon. A baby is in the oven as we speak. His love life is looking a lot more promising than the previous 3 generations.

The founder had a passionate, if short, romance by marrying a man ages older than her. She stole him away from his wife and 5 kids so he could camp outside and "commune" with nature with her. The next 2 generations both married slobs who hated art and grumbled every minute that they had to paint for the family. One was a technophobe as well, while the other was always brooding over the hollowness of life in the middle of the kitchen floor.

This challenge has been very educational for me so far. I've learned how to garden, how to fish, how to use the consignment store, the wonders of ambrosia, the secret to locking doors (pesky sims keep trying to learn new skills!), the colored border around a sim indicates which type of supernatural it is (invalidated an attempt by marrying a werewolf), and so much more. I really love how difficult it is and the structure it gives to gameplay. I like having a goal I'm working towards. Thank you to the people who came up with this.

I do have a question as I'm starting to get close to it. How do you choose the gender of your child to make the 7th generation female? I know watching kids shows and listening to children's music will increase the likelihood of multiples, is there something like that for gender? If it is just luck am I allowed to go back to a previous save and try the pregnancy over again or do I have to start all over again because of dumb blind luck? If I have to start all over again when I'm that far along because of something I absolutely can't control....I may cry.

You eat Apples for boys and watermelons for girls.   The way to remember this is that boys are apples because they have stems and girls are watermelons because they have seeds.    As soon as you know you are pregnant, you can start eating the fruit to influence the gender.  The game files say you only need 3 or 5 of the fruit but Pam and myself always eat no less than 10 during the pregnancy.    In my experience, it doesn't matter if you eat them before or after the pregnancy moodlet appears.  I usually just grab a stack of fruit, put it in my Sims inventory and that's all they eat from chimes until childbirth.

Congratulations on getting so far!  You seem to be doing wonderful.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6047 on: October 10, 2012, 12:53:16 AM »
1) Yes, you can do that, but be aware that combined rabbitholes won't count for two separate buildings, so don't go all crazy.

We appreciate members helping with all the questions here, but please be very careful about the accuracy of the information.  I believe the topic of placing various lots in the towns is currently being discussed and it might be changed in the near future.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Zuberi

• Nooboo
« Reply #6048 on: October 10, 2012, 01:21:46 AM »
Thank you Ricalynn. Do the watermellons have to be raw or can you cook them into like pancakes to get the moodlet for a good meal?

Every generation seems easier than the last. I almost didn't make the property requirements for the first generation though. Money was a big issue. All my previous attempts I've done gardening as my first profession, but for some reason I decided to make this founder a cook and she just wasn't raking in the dough.  She ended up stealing books from china when her kid hit adult hood, and her kid took the inheritance reward to boost funds.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6049 on: October 10, 2012, 01:31:18 AM »
Each time I've done it I've used raw apples/watermelons. I can't speak on the cooked version of them, however, as I've never tried it.

I think that given effects of things like the life fruit eaten raw vs in cobbler/pancakes that it would have to be raw.

I quite like the stone sculptures after the sculpting challenge for 35 sculptures made is completed. Instead of 500 a pop for stone, it no longer costs me anything to make them, so the amount I consign them for is all profit for me.

If I remember rightly, I had struggles with my first immortal getting the cash for things as a cook as well. I had people taking the inheritance reward.

I just remembered something. I've also used the Genie fortune wish to acquire funds for my family (100 000 a wish x3). Does that invalidate my attempt?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6050 on: October 10, 2012, 01:37:37 AM »
Each time I've done it I've used raw apples/watermelons. I can't speak on the cooked version of them, however, as I've never tried it.

I think that given effects of things like the life fruit eaten raw vs in cobbler/pancakes that it would have to be raw.

I quite like the stone sculptures after the sculpting challenge for 35 sculptures made is completed. Instead of 500 a pop for stone, it no longer costs me anything to make them, so the amount I consign them for is all profit for me.

If I remember rightly, I had struggles with my first immortal getting the cash for things as a cook as well. I had people taking the inheritance reward.

I just remembered something. I've also used the Genie fortune wish to acquire funds for my family (100 000 a wish x3). Does that invalidate my attempt?

No, you can use the genie, but there are bans against the longer life for sims and pets wishes.

• Genies may be freed from their lamp, but must be immediately released and not made part of the household.
  • The Genie's longer life wish and the Resurrect Sim/Pet wish are banned. The other Genie wishes are fine.
See?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6051 on: October 10, 2012, 01:39:10 AM »
We appreciate members helping with all the questions here, but please be very careful about the accuracy of the information.  I believe the topic of placing various lots in the towns is currently being discussed and it might be changed in the near future.  :)

Oh, my error. I was going off of what I had been told back when I'd asked about swapping lots around like that myself.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6052 on: October 10, 2012, 02:05:06 AM »
Thank you Ricalynn. Do the watermellons have to be raw or can you cook them into like pancakes to get the moodlet for a good meal?

They need to be raw.  And, really, you can't eat enough of them.  It's critical that your 7th generation be a female, so if you don't eat enough watermelon and get a male, you will have failed the challenge.  That's one of the things that makes the last generations a little tense.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Zuberi

• Nooboo
« Reply #6053 on: October 10, 2012, 02:40:16 AM »
Tense is okay. Makes things exciting. If I do end up with a male now, I may fuss a little but I won't be completely overwhelmed since I know its possible to influence it. I was REALLY afraid it was all luck, and having pure luck invalidate my attempt would have really made me pull my hair. One reason I decided to do this instead of the life states dynasty. I started to do life states, but needing to complete the 5,000 point wishes was too much for me. I don't know enough how to get the wishes to spawn. My founder on that one was a cook as well, and I never got the wish to max his skill or learn all the recipes like I had hoped. Nor did he get the wish to marry a sim (the fact he ended up with commitment issues from the random traits requirement is probably the reason for that). So after the miserable werewolf hit elder status with only one 5,000 point wish fulfilled I decided to give this one a try.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6054 on: October 10, 2012, 03:11:08 AM »
Tense is okay. Makes things exciting. If I do end up with a male now, I may fuss a little but I won't be completely overwhelmed since I know its possible to influence it. I was REALLY afraid it was all luck, and having pure luck invalidate my attempt would have really made me pull my hair. One reason I decided to do this instead of the life states dynasty. I started to do life states, but needing to complete the 5,000 point wishes was too much for me. I don't know enough how to get the wishes to spawn. My founder on that one was a cook as well, and I never got the wish to max his skill or learn all the recipes like I had hoped. Nor did he get the wish to marry a sim (the fact he ended up with commitment issues from the random traits requirement is probably the reason for that). So after the miserable werewolf hit elder status with only one 5,000 point wish fulfilled I decided to give this one a try.

This one was our first Dynasty challenge and is probably a tiny bit easier than the other two.  It's a good one to start with, for sure.  You can absolutely influence the gender by eating the fruit.  I'm fond of female heirs and I've never failed to get one if the mother eats at least 10 watermelon.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6055 on: October 10, 2012, 12:49:45 PM »

If it was all up to chance, barely anyone would be passing the challenge that is the Immortal Dynasty.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6056 on: October 10, 2012, 02:10:02 PM »
I am sensing a challenge being issued... :P

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #6057 on: October 10, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »
Zuberi, I think you have the options to select traits and Lifetime Wish...

And I've been having fun with this. The spreadsheet is immensely helpful.

On the one hand, celebrities are nice for the freebies and opportunities but it's annoying to have them be falsely accused and take a hit to their relationships with everybody!
- Eisande

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6058 on: October 10, 2012, 07:27:36 PM »
Zuberi, I think you have the options to select traits and Lifetime Wish...

Zuberi was referring to the Life States Dynasty about the traits and LTW being random. In the Immortal Dynasty, you can choose.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6059 on: October 11, 2012, 10:28:05 AM »
Looks like there is a little typo in the ruleset:
Lucky Palms Dynasty players have 4 lots to choose from — 107 Lakeside Dr, 137 Lakeside Dr, 228 Sedona Dr, or 64 Golf Links Lane.
I believe the 64x64 empty lot in LP is 54 Golf Links Lane. Number 64 is nowhere to be found.
Also, it's 228 Sedona Lane, not Drive.