Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188379 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5970 on: October 03, 2012, 09:50:57 PM »
And don't forget that cats can count for best friends.

Can dogs and cats both be counted as best friends?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #5971 on: October 03, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »
Can dogs and cats both be counted as best friends?

Yeah, same with horses.
Remember the besties have to be unique to the immortal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #5972 on: October 03, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »
Yeah, same with horses.
Remember the besties have to be unique to the immortal.

I knew that, I just didn't realize that dogs and cats could be counted also. This helps out.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #5973 on: October 03, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »
I knew that, I just didn't realize that dogs and cats could be counted also. This helps out.

Of course it does; an equestrian heir could have all his/her best friends in horses and unicorns.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5974 on: October 03, 2012, 10:38:31 PM »
His adopted daughter became his best friend with 2 friendship potions. I need to get bees wax for my witch to make some of the potent friendship potions ... oh as you say, buy some from the elixir consignment store ... checked it and BINGO! Two potent friendship potions AND beeswax :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #5975 on: October 03, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »
His adopted daughter became his best friend with 2 friendship potions. I need to get bees wax for my witch to make some of the potent friendship potions ... oh as you say, buy some from the elixir consignment store ... checked it and BINGO! Two potent friendship potions AND beeswax :)
I suggest harvesting honey and beeswax from the bee boxes at the elixir store as you don't have to feed, smoke or clean the box/bees but can harvest each day.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5976 on: October 03, 2012, 11:43:25 PM »
I suggest harvesting honey and beeswax from the bee boxes at the elixir store as you don't have to feed, smoke or clean the box/bees but can harvest each day.

Oh, good idea, I wish I'd thought of that prior to buying these bee hives.

Edit: My seed gatherers managed to find Life Seeds and they've now been grown in our back yard. :) I've had the death fish for quite some time now, and Agnes has the Ambrosia recipe. I just need Agnes to live for at least another 6-7 days (Founder is currently 6 days from Elderhood).

Please don't die Agnes the Greatness.

Can potions be thrown at pets?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5977 on: October 04, 2012, 12:29:23 AM »
I figure the answer is yes, but I want to be sure.

A heir doesn't have to eat Ambrosia immediately after completing their requirements, right? I figure my Founder will be ready very soon after turning Elder and I want her to enjoy the full benefit of Ambrosia.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #5978 on: October 04, 2012, 12:35:23 AM »

A heir doesn't have to eat Ambrosia immediately after completing their requirements, right? I figure my Founder will be ready very soon after turning Elder and I want her to enjoy the full benefit of Ambrosia.
You don't have to eat it straight away. Just make sure you don't loose friendships in that time!

Offline Kalagorn

• Nooboo
« Reply #5979 on: October 04, 2012, 12:59:55 AM »
The only Expansion I have is Pets. Does that help at all? I thought it was pretty useless.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5980 on: October 04, 2012, 01:05:38 AM »
The only Expansion I have is Pets. Does that help at all? I thought it was pretty useless.

Cats can catch Deathfish, Horses can be a good source of income, Dogs can hunt, and all three are just plain cute. ;D

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #5981 on: October 04, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »

Cats ccan fish and catch other small animals and bugs to supplement your income. They learn from playing with cat toys.
Dogs after you teach them how, can hunt up gems and such.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #5982 on: October 04, 2012, 01:07:09 AM »
Cats can catch Deathfish, Horses can be a good source of income, Dogs can hunt, and all three are just plain cute. ;D
Riding is also a new skill to supermax and the town is pretty cool.

Offline Kalagorn

• Nooboo
« Reply #5983 on: October 04, 2012, 02:07:14 AM »
Not as useless after all! I always thought that Pets was the worst expansion.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5984 on: October 04, 2012, 06:38:03 AM »
....You're allowed to edit in the Alchemy store into Union Cove, right? And the Gypsy Wagon can go onto a park that one of the heirs buys for their lot requirement?

If not, how can you get Alchemy into Union Cove; add a till to the open market?

Plus, does the book corral automatically have all the skill books including alchemy if I were to place one in a library?

You can place EA buildings down so yes you can use edit town to place the elixir Store.   Remember the gypsy wagon will make whatever property you put it on turn into a rabbit hole so it will no longer count for an heir's requirements and you could fail if you choose a previous immortals property to do this on.  Or you could buy an extra property and do it? or my personal favorite - save the gypsy wagon lot from Moonlight Falls and place it in town.  Not sure you'll find space in Union Cove but sometimes that's the easiest way for other towns

The book corral automatically updates to include skill books but the bookshelf with the glass shelves also does skill books and if you're using Union Cove, that means one of the two are already available in the library and should have the alchemy available for reading. 

Oh, good idea, I wish I'd thought of that prior to buying these bee hives.

Edit: My seed gatherers managed to find Life Seeds and they've now been grown in our back yard. :) I've had the death fish for quite some time now, and Agnes has the Ambrosia recipe. I just need Agnes to live for at least another 6-7 days (Founder is currently 6 days from Elderhood).

Please don't die Agnes the Greatness.

Can potions be thrown at pets?

Yes please don't die Aggie.. not yet.  See if you can get a spare or Agnes to get a replicator maybe and have her replicate it.  To replicate ambrosia it has to be in the bowl form  in the middle of the cooking interaction.  As for the pets and potions thing, last time I tried to use a potion on a pet it would not let me.

Rachel always waits until day 83 to feed it for her immortals but the longer you wait to feed your immortal the ambrosia the longer your requirements have to stay in tact.  Like Gogo said, just make sure none of your friends die while waiting to eat it.

Not as useless after all! I always thought that Pets was the worst expansion.

Pets added a town and the three animals all of which are allowed in the Immortal dynasty.   Like everyone has already mentioned, each animal has it's benefits.  Riding is added to the list of supermaxes.  I actually have relied heavily this last time on my cat doing all the fishing to get deathfish so none of my helpers had to and it saved fishing to be a supermax later if I needed it.   Dogs can go out and get gems, metals and space rocks which can really help when you're starting out to help the cash flow in.   Horses, while they take a little while getting started, can really bring in the money with a properly trained rider.  This can also be done by adopting several horses, training them a little and then selling them.  Sometimes a few skill points can make a huge different in their selling price.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

anything