Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188389 times)

Offline Zuberi

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5955 on: October 03, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »
Thank you Seabody. The resetsim thing worked like a charm. Now I just have the slight problem of Ambrosia....

I've never made ambrosia before, and just now realized that it takes Deathfish instead of just life fruit. So now I have to level up a sim's fishing (something I've also never done before). This has gotten a little more interesting because of it. Just gotta remember to keep my first generation sim eating life fruit daily till I get things leveled. Going to change plans around a little and make one of my next 2 generations a fisher and the other a cook. I might do both in one sim, my next generation, since I hadn't planned on fishing anyways, this shouldn't mess things up too bad. I have all expansions so I'm not in the dire straights on skills that Kalagorn is.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5956 on: October 03, 2012, 12:18:46 PM »
You do know that you can't eat life fruit daily until after you've eaten ambrosia, right? (Assuming you're aiming for HoF status, that is)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zuberi

• Nooboo
« Reply #5957 on: October 03, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »
I don't read that eating ambrosia is a requirement for being immortal anywhere. It's listed as the benefit for completing all the tasks. My first generation sim has completed all the tasks, so I assume eating the life fruit is okay until I get the ambrosia recipe. If not I'll have to start over again >_<

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5958 on: October 03, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »

The following 4 items are banned across the board for non-immortals and pets and only pre-Ambrosia for immortals:
  • 1. Getting a tattoo.
  • 2. Getting a makeover. However, the Stylist career is not offlimits, so you're free to give makeovers to other non household Sims. Just be honest and avoid giving makeovers to any Sim where their longer life from the makeover would be a benefit to your Dynasty.
  • 3. Eating life fruit or drinking a mixology drink made with life fruit.
  • 4. Getting plastic surgery.

Ambrosia is a part of the challenge as one of the steps that needs to be done in your first generation.  Look at the rules I've just quoted above.  It says that immortals can't have life fruit before they've had Ambrosia.   When you are completing your requirements, you are working towards ambrosia not just immortality.  That first taste of ambrosia is what makes you immortal.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5959 on: October 03, 2012, 01:18:21 PM »
Your Dynasty comes to an end when your 8th generation firstborn attains Elder status and eats Ambrosia for the first time. Congratulations! If your Founder or any generation’s firstborn dies before they become an Elder and eat Ambrosia, then your Dynasty attempt comes to an end.

The bolded part is also indicative that ambrosia is a requirement. If you just eat life fruits every day without ever eating ambrosia, then you're not ever truly an immortal, therefore it's not an Immortal Dynasty.

Offline Zuberi

• Nooboo
« Reply #5960 on: October 03, 2012, 01:37:23 PM »
Well, that sucks. Guess it's back to square one. It's okay though, I've learned some neat things along the way.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #5961 on: October 03, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »
Take two of the challenge is going *much* better.  Even though Constance Shelley starts with none of the art skills, the Tablet has been a godsend to buy right at the start.  She maxed photography while getting her painting to level 7 and now she's chainsawing ice like mad, all while getting her cooking, fishing and gardening done on the side.  Meanwhile my founder has gotten 3 guitar opps in his first week, so feeling pretty good right now!  Ah well, he'll get to play catch up with skills after he's gotten the guitar skill supermaxed!

And boy howdy did I triple check that he was on the right aging route!  Once I'm sure he's going to make it to immortal status, I'll post on the story boards. 
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5962 on: October 03, 2012, 07:32:59 PM »
I invited a witch to join my immortal household, she agreed to do so. All of her needs move up and down normally with the exception of energy and hygiene. She had high gardening skill, and even after she gardened ie pulled out all the weeds and harvested all the harvestables her energy and hygiene remained static, at just below full. Is that normal behaviour for witches, or is this some kind of bug? If it is a bug, will it invalidate my attempt?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5963 on: October 03, 2012, 07:45:17 PM »
None of my witches ever had static energy and hygiene. What happens when you reset her?

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5964 on: October 03, 2012, 07:48:46 PM »
I'll try it and see.

Edit: They are no longer static :) So it must have been a bug.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5965 on: October 03, 2012, 07:53:30 PM »
Glad to have helped! :)

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5966 on: October 03, 2012, 08:44:21 PM »
Thanks for your help, Shirin. I'm inching ever so much closer to an immortal founder here. Inch by painful inch. Just waiting for Founder to get to elder age, to get his photo, portrait and statue done, for the Life Plant to grow and to work out the 6 best friends. All other requirements have been met. Then I need to either wait for one or both of the current elders (Agnes and the witch) to die or move out a cat so that Gen 2 can be born. 3 cats are great for early fishing needs, I'm finding.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5967 on: October 03, 2012, 08:53:05 PM »
Oh yes, cats are wondrous for fishing. If you need to give a cat up for adoption, 2 cats work just as well (Maya and Coal are how I filled my pond the first time).

Since you have SN, you can also see about getting the Potent Friendship elixir (or 6 of them) and making 6 instant best friends!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5968 on: October 03, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »
And don't forget that cats can count for best friends.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #5969 on: October 03, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »
....You're allowed to edit in the Alchemy store into Union Cove, right? And the Gypsy Wagon can go onto a park that one of the heirs buys for their lot requirement?

If not, how can you get Alchemy into Union Cove; add a till to the open market?

Plus, does the book corral automatically have all the skill books including alchemy if I were to place one in a library?