Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188398 times)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5925 on: October 02, 2012, 10:52:33 AM »
Okay. Thank you so much, Rica!  :)

Offline Kalagorn

• Nooboo
« Reply #5926 on: October 02, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »
What makes you say that you can't?

I don't have any of any of the expansion packs, so it's incredibly difficult without all the extra stuff. Also, even with the expansion packs, it just seems too hard.  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5927 on: October 02, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »
I don't have any of any of the expansion packs, so it's incredibly difficult without all the extra stuff. Also, even with the expansion packs, it just seems too hard.  :(

This dynasty was designed to be done with base game alone.   Yes, it can be hard but I think that's the best part because when you do finish it, you know you've accomplished something really extraordinary. 

What parts are you finding difficult?  If you ask questions or tell us where you're struggling, there are a lot of awesome members on this board that have been there and can tell you what to do to help you get over the humps.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5928 on: October 02, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »
It's not so much hard, I've found, as it requires a bit of micromanaging (especially in later generations), and incredible organization.

Lay out your plan first. Who is going to do what? Don't deviate; there are ways to make sure the High Free Will doesn't decide to deliver a game breaker.

Set a pattern. "Ok, it's your birthday. Eat your cake, get your makeover so you don't look too stupid, get the painting done." Don't deviate.

Check and double check you did what you had to, before it's too late.

And find things for your elders to do. That's the hardest part.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5929 on: October 02, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »
And find things for your elders to do. That's the hardest part.

Actually I'll play devil's advocate and say that once an Elder has eaten Ambrosia and you simply want them out of your hair and occupied, you may be like me and do not want to find your Elders things to do all of the time — plop them in front of the TV, or do group dancing etc. Yes, it's boring and mindless for the Elders but it allows you to ease up on the micromanaging and focus on the current heir and their responsibilities.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #5930 on: October 02, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »
Yup, the TV is great for keeping elders busy as long as you make sure they aren't watching the "wrong" channels.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5931 on: October 02, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »
Strangely, my elders would watch TV for 30 min sims time, then go off and try to do other stuff. Like Forbidden Stuff.

Then they would complain about being hungry, complain they couldn't get to the fridge/cook, then wander off again.

Last two weeks of game time, I actually just shuffled them to the spa daily. "Go hang out there for hours."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5932 on: October 02, 2012, 05:09:13 PM »
I tend to leave athletics for everyone and by the time they are elders, they've all gotten one of the challenges to never get fatigued.  So they all just hang out on treadmills, not getting fatigued all day. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5933 on: October 02, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »
If I were playing just the base game my choice of supermax skills in order would be Cooking,gardening,painting,fishing,athletics,,handiness,writing,charisma.
I would allow all my Sims to learn logic as practicing chess will keep elders out of your hair.Or let them all learn charisma and supermax logic.

Television is banned in my immortal dynasty unless it is my cook learning recipes.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5934 on: October 02, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »
I left going to the Sunset Valley graveyard for the death plant seed too long in my current attempt at this, to discover that it was dead already and zombies chomping away on it. I do have a number of special seeds that Christopher and my founder managed to find around the place, which have now all been planted in our fenced in back yard, so hopefully I'll be able to get death plant seed(s) that way. (Christopher's collection helper (which he picked up on finishing his LTW) was a great help when finding seeds) Christopher has been catching death fish though, and shortly will be able to stock the Elfin pond with them.

My founder is still one - two weeks away from his eldership and his (much younger) spouse is hurriedly trying to get her 25 ice sculptures done in case Agnes Steel kicks the bucket before my founder hits elderhood (and Christopher Steel is backup painter for the same reason).

So far no silly things done by myself in this attempt (apart from leaving the death plant seed for so long), and I'm hopeful of keeping that going. :)

I did have a question, though. Which came to me and then evaporated ... ummm oh yes, that's it. Pets and their Ghosts. I know pets get to be one of two ghost colours - either blue or red. Do their ghost colours have any impact on gameplay for the living members of the neighbourhood/dynasty? One of my pets has over 10k points at the moment, and her mate has close to 10k, their son has 3k or so. Should I be trying to make sure they have the blue ghosts for some kind of game purpose, or are the colours simply aesthetic?

Also dogs. With the collection helper being able to be set to find gems/rocks/etc, is there an advantage to having a dog as well as the collection helper?

Many thanks,

Dek

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5935 on: October 02, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »
I did have a question, though. Which came to me and then evaporated ... ummm oh yes, that's it. Pets and their Ghosts. I know pets get to be one of two ghost colours - either blue or red. Do their ghost colours have any impact on gameplay for the living members of the neighbourhood/dynasty? One of my pets has over 10k points at the moment, and her mate has close to 10k, their son has 3k or so. Should I be trying to make sure they have the blue ghosts for some kind of game purpose, or are the colours simply aesthetic?

Also dogs. With the collection helper being able to be set to find gems/rocks/etc, is there an advantage to having a dog as well as the collection helper?

Many thanks,

Dek

It's an aesthetics thing with the ghost color, no different than getting the small plaque/medium-large obelisk for the human sims. No game purpose that I've ever discerned or read about.

A dog can find some rare things through hunting that the collection helper may not. In my Dynasty, Waggles kept finding all sorts of tiberium in SV, and I've never found that through a collection helper.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5936 on: October 02, 2012, 09:16:36 PM »
Thanks Shirin ... I guess Christopher will get himself a dog then. that'll be 6 sims and 4 pets ... full house :)

Offline Zuberi

• Nooboo
« Reply #5937 on: October 03, 2012, 02:48:04 AM »
I recently started doing the immortal dynasty challenge this weekend. I've got one generation already immortal and working towards getting the 2nd generation there, but after the latest patch I've got a rather annoying bug that I'd like help taking care of. The spouse of my first generation sim is now a ghost and NEVER leaves. I don't mind that much, except the tombstone is currently in the back yard and I want to move it downstairs into my mausoleum. How do I get the ghost to go back into it's tombstone? The only thing I can think of as possible to do is using cheats which is expressly forbidden. Please help.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5938 on: October 03, 2012, 02:55:22 AM »
Firstly, congratulations on the first immortal, Zuberi.

With regards to the tombstone of your founder's spouse, I thought that they could just be moved into either personal or shared inventory and put in a suitable location, but I could be wrong there. It's been so long since I got to the stage of someone dying, I don't know for sure.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5939 on: October 03, 2012, 02:59:41 AM »
resetsim is an allowed cheat and will fix that problem just fine.

Press Ctrl + Shift + C (or Command + Shift + C if you're on a Mac). Type in "resetsim Sim Name" replacing "Sim Name" with the Sim's Name (e.g "resetsim David Letterman" or "resetsim Katy Perry"). The ghost will return to the tombstone and the tombstone can be moved off the lot via the Family or Personal Inventory after that.

anything