Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3188384 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5895 on: September 27, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »
Has there been any talk about it fixing the gardening? I still haven't managed to actually get some playtime in my immortal dynasty file since the patch before this one but I literally just finished remodelling the house so I can begin to play and I'm just hoping that gardening hasn't gotten too bad, because I already hated it. :-[

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #5896 on: September 27, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »
Has there been any talk about it fixing the gardening? I still haven't managed to actually get some playtime in my immortal dynasty file since the patch before this one but I literally just finished remodelling the house so I can begin to play and I'm just hoping that gardening hasn't gotten too bad, because I already hated it. :-[

No, it says it's only for the zombie problem... I'm afraid all things will work only when you create a new save file. It's a shame EA can't fix things for existing save files...
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5897 on: September 27, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »
I'll be sure to upload the new patch tonight my time before I start playing again. Thanks for letting us know.

Oh, and what's the problem with gardening?

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #5898 on: September 28, 2012, 10:32:53 AM »
Greetings!  I'm a recent player to Sims 3 (mostly because I played 2 for so long I didn't want to switch over) and after looking through the site and seeing all the various guides and challenges, I thought this would be a great way to really leap in and experience all that Sims3 has to offer.  With WA, Ambition, and Pets as my expanions, I started up in Riverview.  My founder, Dean Calhoun has the Business career, picked Guitar for his supermax and for his spouce, picked a sweet, clumsy bookworm named Constance.  She's gotten his first painting done and they just had their first born Yvette, who will aspire to writing her way to immortality with a lot of travel on the side.

I know, I've picked a very difficult 1st skill to supermax, but it's made him a lot of friends fast and Dean's just become an adult with 4 guitar opportunities under his belt already, so I'm hopeful.

My end goal is for the 8 super skills to be: guitar, writing, inventing, riding, photography, nectar making, martial arts and logic, which gives everyone free rein on cooking, gardening, fishing and that big friend maker, charimsa.

So far my worst hiccup in the game was when a deer came through and ate one of my newly sprouted special plants. 

And for a question, when buying property online, it wouldn't let me form a partnership unless I went to the place on foot.  So, was that correct?  Get the partnership from a face to face and then buy the property online once I've saved up enough cash?
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5899 on: September 28, 2012, 10:48:07 AM »
When doing real estate, if you do it online or through the cell phone, you can purchase a building without ever having to become a partner.  When you do it online or on the phone, it skips that step and you don't save or spend any more money and it's one less step.   Don't forget your property though!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #5900 on: September 28, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »
When doing real estate, if you do it online or through the cell phone, you can purchase a building without ever having to become a partner.  When you do it online or on the phone, it skips that step and you don't save or spend any more money and it's one less step.   Don't forget your property though!

Ah, thank you very much!  I'm one step away from maxxing out buisness, which should help with rolling in the money, and Dean plays for tips on his off days.  Not quite rolling  in the money yet, but we're working on it!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5901 on: September 28, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
Ah, thank you very much!  I'm one step away from maxxing out buisness, which should help with rolling in the money, and Dean plays for tips on his off days.  Not quite rolling  in the money yet, but we're working on it!

No problem and welcome to the forum!  If you have any problems or questions, never hesitate to ask.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5902 on: September 28, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum, MissTrips! :)

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5903 on: September 29, 2012, 08:41:50 AM »
There is a spoiler in the following, so if you are following the Elfins and don't want the secret spoiled for you, don't read on. :) It is about love and romance in Sims 3 with all expansion packs installed.

Argh! This is so annoying! The member of my Elfin Dynasty who was unlucky in love with Agnes (aka my founder) found a single Young Adult female in Sunset Valley who was not a vampire/werewolf/fairy/ghost/mummy/imaginary friend etc, in fact, River McIrish had a normal lifestate. So he got her to the stage of being his love interest. The next day she turned into a werewolf.  :'( So he saw a youngish looking woman across the road at the park, reading a book, he ran over to her, learned she was a tourist, and asked her what she did for a living. She told him she was unemployed, and then she ran off and got into a taxi, and literally disappeared (she is not even on his listing of known sims).

So Agnes, feeling sorry for him, invited a normal female sim over for him. She, of course, was married, and I prefer not to break up marriages or relationships in the Sims. I know I can't have werewolves in my family, and I'm fairly sure that the brown border of her picture means she is a werewolf. Is there some way I can return River McIrish to a normal lifestate within the ruleset of this challenge? If there is, please let me know, if not, I'll have him try to find someone else to bring in.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #5904 on: September 29, 2012, 08:47:25 AM »
You are allowed to use cure elixirs, so go make or buy some from the elixir shop and pick your mate.
Good luck, talk about having bad luck with mates.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5905 on: September 29, 2012, 08:57:46 AM »
oh good, thanks Margerita

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #5906 on: September 29, 2012, 09:08:29 AM »
oh good, thanks Margerita
Just don't forget to use it before you move whoever it is in!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5907 on: September 29, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »
Just don't forget to use it before you move whoever it is in!

Yes you can cure anyone in the Immortal Dynasty as long as you do it before you move them in.   Good Luck Dek!

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5908 on: September 29, 2012, 10:13:13 AM »
Thanks. If need be, I'll give Agnes a clone voucher. :) It'll mess up the plan I had with respect to Generation 2 ... but at this stage, Generation 1 needs to be sorted into proper shape. Founder becomes an Adult today, and Agnes is 6 days from elder.

Edit: Wow, I ended up trying a different plan ... no clone voucher is necessarily needed for Agnes (but maybe bought depending on the gender of my Gen 2 Future immortal), and my Founder now has a third assistant in the early skilling department who also happens to be his spouse (First time I've ever tried this particular sim). She also comes with an extremely useful skill ... Savvy Sculptor ... so a backup to Agnes' sculpting ability for when Agnes passes on.

I just want to confirm before I do something. The ruleset for the Immortal Dynasty Challenge allows me to change the Traits and LTW for non immortals, doesn't it? For someone who 'Hates the Outdoors', having the Surgeon LTW (which involves lots of travelling outdoors) isn't very good ... I'd rather a LTW that supports my plans for her, and some traits that better reflect that LTW.

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5909 on: September 30, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »
Yes, you can change the traits of anyone who is not going to be an immortal or who is not already an immortal.