Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230218 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5835 on: September 15, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »
Ok, this gardening glitch is really worrying me. I haven't actually went into my Dynasty file lately, but IF I do have it, what is a non-mod way to fix it? I don't use them and don't even want to use them to fix an EA glitch so what would I do?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5836 on: September 15, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »
There isn't a non mod way to fix the glitch other than to have another Sim doing the gardening.    It's only a problem if your Sim gets a blank collection journal  where the plant list should be.  This seems to happen for every gardener prior to the patch but then again you never hear of the people who aren't having this problem.   Sims who learn the skill after the patch don't seem to have the problem.   Your gardening Sim will be able to weed and fertilize with no issues but they cannot tend garden or harvest without causing a problem.   And it takes a long time for Sims to gain any levels off harvesting so you can always have someone else doing that and it won't disqualify an immortal whose supermax was gardening.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #5837 on: September 15, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
Ok thanks. I'll just have my non immortals do it. Now that I think back, he doesn't have many plants planted at the time so would deleting all the plants and replanting work? If so that would be awesome, if not my non immortals can do it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5838 on: September 15, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »
Ok thanks. I'll just have my non immortals do it. Now that I think back, he doesn't have many plants planted at the time so would deleting all the plants and replanting work? If so that would be awesome, if not my non immortals can do it.

Some people have had luck with replanting the plants.  I did not.  I still had to have someone else start picking up the slack.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5839 on: September 15, 2012, 09:09:50 PM »
@Seabody — that's fine, go ahead and use Overwatch to make the fix and then uninstall it. *Shakes his fist angrily at EA*  ::)

Jake Coastal and I thank you. :) Mod uninstalled.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5840 on: September 16, 2012, 12:38:57 AM »
Well there goes that story idea.
What you could do, if it works for your story, is do it after your Immortal eats Ambrosia.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5841 on: September 16, 2012, 12:48:09 AM »
What you could do, if it works for your story, is do it after your Immortal eats Ambrosia.

Wouldn't that still invalidate HOF, since life extension by any means other than Ambrosia + Death Flower is banned even after immortality is attained, and Edit in CAS can reset age?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5842 on: September 16, 2012, 12:52:43 AM »
I don't believe so, since you can still get a tattoo and plastic surgery post-Ambrosia, and those have been known to reset ages. And life fruit is also approved for post-Ambrosia.

The following 4 items are banned across the board for non-immortals and pets and only pre-Ambrosia for immortals:
1. Getting a tattoo.
2. Getting a makeover. However, the Stylist career is not offlimits, so you're free to give makeovers to other non household Sims. Just be honest and avoid giving makeovers to any Sim where their longer life from the makeover would be a benefit to your Dynasty.
3. Eating life fruit or drinking a mixology drink made with life fruit.
4. Getting plastic surgery.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5843 on: September 16, 2012, 04:29:04 AM »
You are allowed to give an immortal a tattoo once they eat ambrosia.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5844 on: September 16, 2012, 04:33:24 AM »
I don't believe so, since you can still get a tattoo and plastic surgery post-Ambrosia, and those have been known to reset ages. And life fruit is also approved for post-Ambrosia.

Ah, sorry, I was thinking of things like Age Freeze and Young Again. My mistake. :-[

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #5845 on: September 16, 2012, 03:39:16 PM »

What I was going to do was add the tattoos, aka birthmarks as soon as they were available in CaS so that they were there when they changed into their swimwear, or sometimes sleepwear, you know?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5846 on: September 16, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »
What I was going to do was add the tattoos, aka birthmarks as soon as they were available in CaS so that they were there when they changed into their swimwear, or sometimes sleepwear, you know?

You could make it so that the Ambrosia restores their tattoos.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #5847 on: September 16, 2012, 05:30:05 PM »
You could make it so that the Ambrosia restores their tattoos.

You mean makes their birthmarks show up? If I do that, then I have to rework backstory......

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5848 on: September 17, 2012, 08:36:46 AM »
Metro and Rica - I'm having the same bug described by LadyOrc in the Life States thread. My teenage heir was not able to complete opportunities related to her after-school activity; the opportunities spawned but the building never had the interaction to complete the opp. I was counting on this as a BlackOp for her because it seems like opportunities, in general, are few and far between in my game.

May I a) count the bugged opportunity, and b) replace the school/stadium combo with separate school and stadium buildings?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5849 on: September 17, 2012, 08:57:39 AM »
Metro and Rica - I'm having the same bug described by LadyOrc in the Life States thread. My teenage heir was not able to complete opportunities related to her after-school activity; the opportunities spawned but the building never had the interaction to complete the opp. I was counting on this as a BlackOp for her because it seems like opportunities, in general, are few and far between in my game.

May I a) count the bugged opportunity, and b) replace the school/stadium combo with separate school and stadium buildings?

A) You can count it but if you get the chance to do another one during the other three life states pre-ambrosia count the new one instead because it was actually completed.

B) You're in Appaloosa Plains?  Is there room for you to take the one rabbit hole and put in two on that same lot?   This newly released bug isn't exactly a game breaker for this type of dynasty because the school opps don't have to be used for BlackOps.  They're just one of the options for getting them done.    I'm not sure you can get them both on the same lot because I know unless it's a combination rabbit hole that the stadiums seem to take up a massive amount of space.   It won't be pretty but if you can get it done then I'm ok with allowing you to do this.

Anyone else who has this type of problem - please post or PM Metro & myself about it before taking liberty of doing the same thing as cathyknits.