Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230576 times)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5820 on: September 14, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »
Thanks for the clarification  :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5821 on: September 14, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »
Are we allowed to accept gifts from other players? And gift other players stuff?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5822 on: September 14, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »
Thanks!   Also note that gifting is not mentioned in the rules because for the dynasties it's allowed so there's no reason to mention it unless it wasn't.   As time goes on we're know more about witch spells, elixirs and anything else so if there something that you experience that you want to know a ruling on - don't forget to ask !
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5823 on: September 14, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »
Thanks! I searched for it (I knew it had been mentioned) but I couldn't find it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5824 on: September 15, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »
What's this stuff about gifting I've seen in a couple of places?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5825 on: September 15, 2012, 12:50:27 AM »
What's this stuff about gifting I've seen in a couple of places?

Gifting is a new ability that came with Patch 1.38.  Through the system that uses Simport, you can choose to send 5 gifts a day to your friends list on official The Sims 3 site.   You have the ability to send a Surprise Gift box, a Surprise Supernatural Elixir (only with Supernatural installed) and if the person you're giving a gift to has supernatural registered, you can send a very specific elixir from your Sim's inventory to the friend.   For each gift sent you can get 600 Lifetime Happiness Points up to 3000 LTHP for specific elixirs.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5826 on: September 15, 2012, 07:37:26 AM »
I have the gardening glitch in my Dynasty file. :(  I'm patched to 1.38 and because I started my Dynasty pre-patch, it has gotten the glitch. I can harvest/tend plants, but the action will cancel after the first plant. This happens with both the "Tend Garden" and "Harvest" interactions.

I have heard that Overwatch will fix this bug. After a bit of research, I found out that it needs to be run for it's first cleanup cycle (that means, be in place at 3am Game Time) to fix this. Am I allowed to use it to fix this bug, or would that null my chances for HOF?

I would harvest manually, but I have a medium sized garden so it would involve a lot of micromanagement and my gardener is not one of the alive heirs.

If you were to say yes, I would place the Mod into my game, let it run the cleanup, then rip it out immediately afterwards.

(I ask because in the Life States Dynasty, it says that we may be allowed to use Mods to fix a bug, but to always ask first.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5827 on: September 15, 2012, 08:01:14 AM »
@Seabody — that's fine, go ahead and use Overwatch to make the fix and then uninstall it. *Shakes his fist angrily at EA*  ::)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5828 on: September 15, 2012, 01:15:07 PM »
Gifting is a new ability that came with Patch 1.38.  Through the system that uses Simport, you can choose to send 5 gifts a day to your friends list on official The Sims 3 site.   You have the ability to send a Surprise Gift box, a Surprise Supernatural Elixir (only with Supernatural installed) and if the person you're giving a gift to has supernatural registered, you can send a very specific elixir from your Sim's inventory to the friend.   For each gift sent you can get 600 Lifetime Happiness Points up to 3000 LTHP for specific elixirs.

Well, that's interesting.  Thanks, Rica.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #5829 on: September 15, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »
If it's alright, I'd like to make use of Overwatch to fix my gardening bug as well. I made my first immortal a gardener specifically so I wouldn't have to train someone else to do it, after all! ;)

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #5830 on: September 15, 2012, 02:31:52 PM »
I think that I have just come across a game breaker into my dynasty.  I'm generation 2 at the moment and all the portraits have disappeared, but not the photographs or sculptures.  Is this a game breaker??

I actually think I know the answer to this question, I've looked at earlier saves and the portraits aren't there either, oh well back to it :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5831 on: September 15, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
If it's alright, I'd like to make use of Overwatch to fix my gardening bug as well. I made my first immortal a gardener specifically so I wouldn't have to train someone else to do it, after all! ;)

Absolutely. Go ahead and use Overwatch and delete it later.

I think that I have just come across a game breaker into my dynasty.  I'm generation 2 at the moment and all the portraits have disappeared, but not the photographs or sculptures.  Is this a game breaker??

I actually think I know the answer to this question, I've looked at earlier saves and the portraits aren't there either, oh well back to it :)

Yeah, since portraits are a requirement it is a game breaker. I'm so sorry. :(

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #5832 on: September 15, 2012, 03:34:33 PM »
Would I be able to take my heirs into create a sim as soon as they hit teen or young adult (whichever is the earliest for tattoos) to give them their birthmarks? Because my storyline has every heir having two birthmarks on their back; the family one, and one that defines them more or less. Is that something that I can slip in there as soon as they have their birthdays, or would that disqualify me for the HoF?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5833 on: September 15, 2012, 03:50:37 PM »
Would I be able to take my heirs into create a sim as soon as they hit teen or young adult (whichever is the earliest for tattoos) to give them their birthmarks? Because my storyline has every heir having two birthmarks on their back; the family one, and one that defines them more or less. Is that something that I can slip in there as soon as they have their birthdays, or would that disqualify me for the HoF?

Edit in CAS is flat banned no matter what day it is.  In fact if you go into CAS on their birthday you could possibly lose days because I've had the game go from 21 days to adult to 17 days to adult just from using that cheat.

You can continue your story but because it's banned you would not qualify for HOF

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #5834 on: September 15, 2012, 03:57:01 PM »
Edit in CAS is flat banned no matter what day it is.  In fact if you go into CAS on their birthday you could possibly lose days because I've had the game go from 21 days to adult to 17 days to adult just from using that cheat.

You can continue your story but because it's banned you would not qualify for HOF

Well there goes that story idea.

anything