Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230875 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5775 on: September 06, 2012, 08:25:22 PM »

I know we can add EA made lots to our town. However, Union Cove does not have any empty community lots. Are we allowed to change lot types and/or use the create world section to place new empty lots on the map? Also, what about bulldozing lots? Some of the mansions in Union Cove are pretty detailed and cause a lot of lag. I would like to get rid of a few of them (even though they are beautifully made! No offense!)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5776 on: September 06, 2012, 09:33:08 PM »
I know empty residential lots can be changed to commercial lots. I believe new lots can be made, and empty lots can be bulldozed to make room, but I don't believe existing buildings can be bulldozed unless the game automatically placed something into the designated dynasty lot.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5777 on: September 06, 2012, 09:38:57 PM »
I know we can add EA made lots to our town. However, Union Cove does not have any empty community lots. Are we allowed to change lot types and/or use the create world section to place new empty lots on the map? Also, what about bulldozing lots? Some of the mansions in Union Cove are pretty detailed and cause a lot of lag. I would like to get rid of a few of them (even though they are beautifully made! No offense!)

Cathy is right you can change empty residential lots to commercial lots to place something down if you need to.  You can also add empty lots to the map.   However normally the answer is no to bulldozing existing buildings.  I've asked Metro to give his opinion on that point because he's changed his mind about a few things recently and I don't know if this is one of them.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5778 on: September 07, 2012, 06:39:00 AM »
Rhoxi, if you are having real technical issues then I will allow a little more use of Edit Town to help alleviate your problems. In other words, if you were not having problems and simply did not like the way something looked, well...tough luck. ;) But, you are having issues, so take the minimalist approach to see if it helps.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5779 on: September 07, 2012, 07:26:19 AM »
Rhoxi, if you are having real technical issues then I will allow a little more use of Edit Town to help alleviate your problems. In other words, if you were not having problems and simply did not like the way something looked, well...tough luck. ;) But, you are having issues, so take the minimalist approach to see if it helps.

Rhoxi - I'd start with that first house for the guy who doesn't even show up to use it.  His name starts with an M.  I can't remember it though.  It seems so familiar.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5780 on: September 07, 2012, 08:16:13 AM »
Rhoxi - I'd start with that first house for the guy who doesn't even show up to use it.  His name starts with an M.  I can't remember it though.  It seems so familiar.

Lol. Ahem...*loads up the moving van*

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #5781 on: September 07, 2012, 01:12:21 PM »

Haha! Time to bulldoze the metropolis mansion!  ;D

Well, we'll see. Right now the game is running pretty good, but as things continue it's nice to know I have the option. Those dynasty files get pretty big.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5782 on: September 07, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »
Haha! Time to bulldoze the metropolis mansion!  ;D

Well, we'll see. Right now the game is running pretty good, but as things continue it's nice to know I have the option. Those dynasty files get pretty big.

Oh, it's crazy towards the end. Way back when with the Man Dynasty during the last couple generations I would sit sometimes for 5 minutes for the file to load.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #5783 on: September 07, 2012, 01:27:24 PM »
The household size can be 10 including pets - however you can only have as many as 8 Sims at one time or up to 6 pets at a time.  But never more than the combination of 10 at once.  So generation 7 still has to be female since you're only allowed 8 Sims.

....That's not an EA thing because in one of my files, I had twins when there were seven sims in the household and with them born, I was bumped up to nine sims, and no pets. Or I just magically glitched it into accepting nine sims.....somehow.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5784 on: September 07, 2012, 01:44:35 PM »
....That's not an EA thing because in one of my files, I had twins when there were seven sims in the household and with them born, I was bumped up to nine sims, and no pets. Or I just magically glitched it into accepting nine sims.....somehow.

It could have very well been a glitch or a mod because EA code specifically says up to 8 Sims, up to 6 pets, up to 10 per household.  My entire dynasty has had 8 people in it for the most part and I was never able to increase that size other than the 2 pets. 

Also without help from a mod, the game doesn't know how to process more than 8 portraits for Sims on the left hand side.  So even if you did have that many you still would have only been able to control 8 unless you also had a mod to see more portraits.

Oh, it's crazy towards the end. Way back when with the Man Dynasty during the last couple generations I would sit sometimes for 5 minutes for the file to load.

And this is the bonus of having a "Man house".  Juxt says her dynasty was taking up to 2 hours in Bridgeport towards the end and the Grims haven't loaded in under 15 minutes since Generation 5 was born.  I think the only reason it's still so low is because I just demolished their house.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #5785 on: September 08, 2012, 12:57:43 AM »
It could have very well been a glitch or a mod because EA code specifically says up to 8 Sims, up to 6 pets, up to 10 per household.  My entire dynasty has had 8 people in it for the most part and I was never able to increase that size other than the 2 pets. 

Also without help from a mod, the game doesn't know how to process more than 8 portraits for Sims on the left hand side.  So even if you did have that many you still would have only been able to control 8 unless you also had a mod to see more portraits.

And this is the bonus of having a "Man house".  Juxt says her dynasty was taking up to 2 hours in Bridgeport towards the end and the Grims haven't loaded in under 15 minutes since Generation 5 was born.  I think the only reason it's still so low is because I just demolished their house.

I re-looked at that household when I logged on and it was three horses, six sims with the twin nooboos...my bad.

Offline Wiker12

• Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
« Reply #5786 on: September 08, 2012, 07:23:54 AM »
that's 11 household members.....
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5787 on: September 08, 2012, 07:43:20 AM »
I think she meant six sims including the twins, not six sims plus the twins.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #5788 on: September 08, 2012, 03:53:48 PM »
I think she meant six sims including the twins, not six sims plus the twins.

Yep, with the addition of twin girls adding to the parents, three horses, a teen and a child, it's a pretty full house.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #5789 on: September 08, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »
Is the philosopher's Stone's ability to bind a ghost into the household banned?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

anything