Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230335 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5730 on: September 01, 2012, 05:08:04 AM »
I started a new dynasty in sunlit tides, with the sauna. To late I realized that the mudbath adds a day to your sims lives... (I just put the sauna in there to try for boy/girl) So most of the sims in the house hold took a mudbath and I didn't stop me... I know this means I failed, but I'd still like to continue the story and post it. Can I post it if I put with it that it won't be for the hall of fame?

You can still post a story even if it's not for HoF. From what I have heard though the Try for boy/girl isn't that reliable and the watermelon/apple trick is far more reliable so it might be an idea to just restart and go for HoF?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #5731 on: September 01, 2012, 05:14:03 AM »
You can still post a story even if it's not for HoF. From what I have heard though the Try for boy/girl isn't that reliable and the watermelon/apple trick is far more reliable so it might be an idea to just restart and go for HoF?

Yes I thought so... So far try for boy/girl worked for me. I could test it a couple of times, but in the dynasty it did work out :) I guess I'll just try again then ^^ I'll make my founder a bit more colorfull too :P But first I'll test the try for boy/girl thing a bit more to see if it works or not.

Edit: I tried a couple of times and it works for me :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5732 on: September 01, 2012, 07:06:30 AM »
I think it should be that we can turn off life states that are banned in Dynasty Rules so that we cannot accidentally marry a Vampire, or something.

...if this topic is still open for discussion - yes! This! This would be, IMO, the best setting.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #5733 on: September 02, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
. . .   I mean I would love to be able to play a game where no one in Sunset Valley was any different than they were when I got the game 3 years ago without having to uninstall everything if I wanted it to be a challenge file.

Exactly! I hate the fact that all my townies turn into vamps so it means that I have to resort to the generic new townies that movie in, meaning my sims will end up all looking the same.

. . . . I think it should be that we can turn off life states that are banned in Dynasty Rules so that we cannot accidentally marry a Vampire, or something.

I agree with this too.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #5734 on: September 02, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
Exactly! I hate the fact that all my townies turn into vamps so it means that I have to resort to the generic new townies that movie in, meaning my sims will end up all looking the same.

I agree with this too.

I already turned off my vamps and celebrities and have been warned about the hale of fame. I hope however that it will be allowed to turn vampires off and like you said not having to relay on move ins.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #5735 on: September 02, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »
Does Metro's original ruling regarding the population settings still stand, or is a new one coming? I'm only asking because I turned off vampires for my other files, and I haven't been playing my Dynasty as I didn't want to inadvertently become ineligible for the HoF.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #5736 on: September 02, 2012, 04:32:41 PM »
I, too, would like to be able to be able to turn off story progression adding people who limit the genepool, so I hope it may change.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5737 on: September 02, 2012, 04:54:20 PM »
I think that dynasty players should be able to change the settings to stop vampires and other supernaturals if they want.
I personally think Vampires can have an advantage especially when it comes to making friends because you know that they are going to still be around when your Sim reaches elder. It can be irritating when a potential spouse goes vamp but most people adapt and work around these problems. I think that a vamp invasion can be more problamatic in a decadynasty as any townie house that contains a vampire is automatically off limits and unlike the immortal dynasty you cannot move people into your townie house to prevent premature vamping and this can really mess up a players stratagy.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5738 on: September 02, 2012, 05:35:37 PM »
Unless I've missed a post, I don't believe that Metro has made an official ruling on the settings re vampires/supernaturals/pets/celebrity. Most likely, I imagine he's discussing this with Pam (and whoever else assists him in making final calls), and taking a look at what we're saying.

For me personally, I too agree with Rica's suggestion of "make your choice, and then leave it the heck alone" option. This is no different than someone saying, "I don't like vampires or celebrity, so I'm going to uninstall LN first."

However, that said, I don't agree with the idea that it should be permitted just because it may negatively impact a player's strategy. Isn't that the point of the challenge, if one is going for HoF? To learn to adapt to changes in the game, for better or for worse? Isn't that what makes it challenging? Otherwise, it's just "ho hum, gotta keep this family for 8 generations, following this precise little flow chart with no variation." We aren't talking about bugs or glitches, after all.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5739 on: September 02, 2012, 06:23:52 PM »
Having Vampires and other occults in my game has not prevented me from completing the challange. Like Shirin said it is part of the challange to deal with what the game throws at you having a potential spouse turn Vamp can be a major headache at times in much the same way that having a female spouse age up to elder the moment your Sim gets married can be a huge problem.

Like I said before it would be nice to have the option to turn of occults if a player doesn't want them but I know from personal experience that having vampires in game is not a game breaker.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #5740 on: September 02, 2012, 07:02:16 PM »
Reading all of this confirms (for me) that it is a good thing that there is a new Dynasty Challenge for SN in the making :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5741 on: September 02, 2012, 07:15:09 PM »
There are plenty of changes coming guys so sit tight please. Once Supernatural is released there will be a lot of ground to cover. Just be patient. Ditto for the DecaDynasty.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5742 on: September 04, 2012, 10:17:16 AM »
Hey, everyone — I just wanted to give a quick FYI tidbit here — Ricalynn has been promoted to Challenge Board Assistant. Please consider her word as good as mine in anything Dynasty and Tournament related. I have given her permission to make rulings and update leaderboards as well. (Thank you, Rica for your willingness to help me out :)

Both of us had a mini pow wow this morning and some of the most pertinent issues with Supernatural have already been incorporated into both Dynasty rulesets. However, as more players discover gameplay issues, we will be refining the rulesets more this week.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5743 on: September 04, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »
Congrats on the promo Rica.  :D

So we can choose whether to have Occults in Dynasties now? Yay! I'm so turning off the Celebrity for Household thing, luckily my newest Attempt they have escaped that so far!   :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #5744 on: September 04, 2012, 10:37:51 AM »
Congratulations Rica :)

I've turned off occults, but left the celebrity system on - I need it for BlackOps.