Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230224 times)

Offline Funky Face

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5700 on: August 28, 2012, 08:06:03 AM »
Hello there. I plan to start a dynasty soon and was wondering about something. Since it is allowed to play in Union Cove can we place lots and buildings from there in our preferred town? And is it allowed to place buildings with families in them?

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5701 on: August 28, 2012, 08:15:22 AM »
Hello there.I plan to start a dynasty soon and was wondering about something.Since it is allowed to play in Union Cove can we place lots and buildings from there in our preferred town?And is it allowed to place buildings with families in them?

Welcome to the Forum, Funky Face.

The only allowed uses of Edit Town in a Dynasty are to add skill books to the libraries in a town where the library is missing them, or to add community lots from EA-built towns. Adding extra residential lots of any kind is banned, and so is placing families from Edit Town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Funky Face

• Nooboo
« Reply #5702 on: August 28, 2012, 09:31:40 AM »
Thanks. I was misguided by the the 2012 Sims 3 Tournament General Rules where it is stated that you can place lots both from EA worlds and Union Cove. If I understand correctly, those rules don't apply to this dynasty challenge and placing more fitting bars and clubs from UC (than in LN expansion) in other worlds would be forbidden. However, in this challenge's rules it is mentioned that it is ok to place EA lots and buildings (there's nothing about forbidding us to place residental lots with families in them from other worlds, Riverview, for instance. I also wanted to know whether you can use build mode cheat to replace SV's City Hall with Bridgeport's and in place of the military base put The Plumbob Pictures Lot.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5703 on: August 28, 2012, 09:42:56 AM »
Thanks.I was misguided by the the 2012 Sims 3 Tournament General Rules
where it is stated that you can place lots both from EA worlds and Union Cove.If I understand correctly,those rules don't apply to this dynasty challenge and placing more fitting bars and clubs from UC(than in LN expansion) in other worlds would be forbidden.However,in this challenge's rules it is mentioned that it is ok to place EA lots and buildings(there's nothing about forbidding us to place residental lots with families in them from other worlds,Riverview,for instance.I also wanted to know whether you can use build mode cheat to replace SV's City Hall with Bridgeport's and in place of the military base put The Plumbob Pictures Lot.

In the Dynasty rules, it says that:

• Pre-built houses or downloaded lots from someone else are not allowed. You must take care of all building and expansion yourself. Opting for the “no build/outdoors” route is also fine.
  • The Edit Town screen is off limits with the following exceptions:
  • Twinbrook and Bridgeport players can add the Book Corral to the town library.
  • Anyone can place EA-created buildings and lots, but only EA-created buildings and lots are allowed.

I don't know if this applies to EA-created houses (I think they are banned), but it explicitly states that only EA-created community lots are allowed. There was a discussion about UC lots being allowed in other towns but it was decided not to allow it. Moving in families other than your Dynasty founder is not listed as an acceptable use of Edit Town, and therefore is banned. It doesn't matter whether they're your own CAS families or EA's families from other towns. I don't know about replacing rabbitholes with those from other towns; hopefully Metro will be able to clarify this for you. If you plan on starting before you get a clarification, just err on the side of caution.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5704 on: August 28, 2012, 10:27:17 AM »
I don't know about replacing rabbitholes with those from other towns; hopefully Metro will be able to clarify this for you.

I have no problems with that practice. You're still talking about using EA created buildings/lots so it falls under that umbrella. Ideally, one should try and go with their town "as is" as much as possible. A little tweaking here and there is okay.

Offline Funky Face

• Nooboo
« Reply #5705 on: August 28, 2012, 12:37:07 PM »
Thank you for clearing it up for me.I've no more questions for now. :)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #5706 on: August 28, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
Is there any issue on placing lots to place EA buildings on?  There's certainly no empty 64x64 and I really wanna see the Ultimate Venue  :D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5707 on: August 28, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
You cannot bulldoze existing lots that have buildings on them already (so if you have empty houses at the start of the game, you can't bulldoze those). You can bulldoze existing empty lots.

That's about it, far as I can tell.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #5708 on: August 28, 2012, 04:46:15 PM »
You can use Edit Town to place more lots, too.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5709 on: August 31, 2012, 06:27:34 PM »
Metro, the Occult Controls have been included in the patch, are we allowed to change them to how we want or do we keep them at default since others have had to do without this?

For reference, here is an unaltered screenshot, this is the settings from the first time I opened the game:

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5710 on: August 31, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »
Metro, the Occult Controls have been included in the patch, are we allowed to change them to how we want or do we keep them at default since others have had to do without this?

For reference, here is an unaltered screenshot, this is the settings from the first time I opened the game:

Thanks Samo. Yeah, Rica PM'd me on that as well. I think we gotta go with default. It would make the most sense and be the fairest. Anyone disagree?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5711 on: August 31, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »
Ah okay then, will we be able to turn off the new Supernaturals though? I worry that there will be very few Sim Townies left after they are introduced and nobody has had to deal with them yet.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #5712 on: August 31, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »
Metro, I respectfully disagree with you because players who do not own Late Night or Supernatural (or who completed dynasties before the EPs were released) never had to deal with vampires, werewolves, fairies, witches and celebrities. I think it would be unfair to people who are attempting dynasties now to be disadvantaged in some way by the occults and celebrity system. I'm not trying to be rude, or to start an argument, I just felt my opinion should be heard.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #5713 on: August 31, 2012, 08:19:58 PM »

Thanks Samo. Yeah, Rica PM'd me on that as well. I think we gotta go with default. It would make the most sense and be the fairest. Anyone disagree?

So in this pic it is in Default mode with Supernatural turned off right? So for the Dynasties and whatever challenges Metro see fit, that's the way it needs to look. I have no problems..

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5714 on: August 31, 2012, 08:22:08 PM »
I think the occults have to be open to being disabled or, let's face it, dynasties are not going to be completable anymore. It's hard enough as it is with having one potential spouse per generation once you get to about Gen 4. Not one of the new occults is going to be permitted in a dynasty, so the challenge will become exponentially harder. People could have restarts forced on the basis of not having any options for spouses at all, especially if they don't have World Adventures. It's one setting, and everyone has it in the patch. It doesn't effect the lifespans or give any advantage to dynasty players, but if it's left on default it will disadvantage people with Supernatural due to cutting their spouse choices, possibly to zero. We already know how hard finding spouses can get. I say either make it that all have to be disabled, or let people choose. It's just going to be impossible otherwise and it will hit people with Supernatural the worst.

anything