Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230266 times)

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5685 on: August 26, 2012, 11:02:19 AM »
Okay, thanks!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #5686 on: August 26, 2012, 12:26:02 PM »
Is giving a spare/roommate the Vegetarian trait considered unlawful life-prolonging? I haven't done it yet, but I was considering it until I gave it some thought and decided it would be best for the higher-ups here to clarify this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #5687 on: August 26, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »
Does the Ban on Oh My Ghost! extend to ghosts in general, or is having you female sim have a ghost baby allowed?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #5688 on: August 26, 2012, 01:22:57 PM »
Considering how heirs have to be born of two sims belonging to the same household trying for a baby, it would be pretty much impossible to have a ghost heir.

Except for the last heir, as the rule is lifted at the end so the seventh heir can give birth to the eighth without going over the household limit. So you can have one ghostly heir as long as you don't resurrect the ghost parent. And if you want a ghostly spare, there aren't as many restrictions as long as the ghost parent isn't made playable.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5689 on: August 26, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
If you have generations, you can have the two parents use the ghost potion to get a ghost child if that's what you want to do as well.  Having a ghost in the house is not banned but as discussed in the last couple of pages with the sweetest pea, the opportunity "Oh my Ghost" is banned so that means it's not allowed under any circumstances.   And yes an heir has to be born of two people living in the house. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5690 on: August 26, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »
If you have generations, you can have the two parents use the ghost potion to get a ghost child if that's what you want to do as well.  Having a ghost in the house is not banned but as discussed in the last couple of pages with the sweetest pea, the opportunity "Oh my Ghost" is banned so that means it's not allowed under any circumstances.   And yes an heir has to be born of two people living in the house.

So, would it be possible to have a non-immortal female, or Generation 7, try for baby with a ghost that hasn't been resurrected? That would make possibilities... I think it can be done.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5691 on: August 26, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
I've had issues getting a ghost to woohoo that wasn't part of the house but if you can get it done without having to using the Opp, Ambrosia or genie wish then it shouldn't be a problem.  Ghosts are allowed.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5692 on: August 27, 2012, 12:18:02 AM »
I've had issues getting a ghost to woohoo that wasn't part of the house but if you can get it done without having to using the Opp, Ambrosia or genie wish then it shouldn't be a problem.  Ghosts are allowed.

I tested it in a clean file and just got the chimes. I think it should be fine for the Dynasty, but we'll see. Thanks for letting me know.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5693 on: August 27, 2012, 02:43:14 AM »
Is giving a spare/roommate the Vegetarian trait considered unlawful life-prolonging? I haven't done it yet, but I was considering it until I gave it some thought and decided it would be best for the higher-ups here to clarify this.

This is not banned in the rules, so it's ok to do it.  The Vegetarian trait doesn't actually extend life.  It gives you Sim a very small chance of living longer, but really, it's not anything that's a real issue.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #5694 on: August 27, 2012, 09:15:14 AM »
Thanks Pam. :)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #5695 on: August 27, 2012, 10:55:55 PM »
I haven't seen this question before, if it has been asked please forgive me. Is it allowed to play chess for a Sims life? I don't believe it's a 100% chance of saving them. I think it is random like pets saving a Sims life.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5696 on: August 27, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »
Playing chess for a Sim's life is like resurrecting them.  It's a conscience effort to extend the life of someone.   Extending a person's life is against the rules.   Also, Pets doing it may be random but you can stop it from happening.  A pet will get the action to "Harass Death" and that is what will cause Grim to give in and bring back the dead Sim.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #5697 on: August 28, 2012, 12:12:45 AM »
Playing chess for a Sim's life is like resurrecting them.  It's a conscience effort to extend the life of someone.   Extending a person's life is against the rules.   Also, Pets doing it may be random but you can stop it from happening.  A pet will get the action to "Harass Death" and that is what will cause Grim to give in and bring back the dead Sim.
Oh really I didn't know it could be stopped. I guess I focus on the dying Sim instead of on the pet lol. Do you have to stop it?
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5698 on: August 28, 2012, 12:40:36 AM »
If you're aware of it, then you have no reason to not stop it.  Like I said, extending a Sim's life on purpose is against the rules so technically it's not allowed.  However, that being said, there is a difference between a pet doing it and you being unable to cancel it and you just letting the pet do it.  I think there is a certain time frame you have to cancel the action but I haven't tried it as it's so random I haven't had another pet try to keep anyone alive in a while. 

I'm also fairly certain that a pet will only do it at the end of someone's life so you can't bank on that happening if it's an accident.  And I don't know about anyone else but I don't remember a time when I didn't want someone to die in my dynasty file as space is such a high commodity.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #5699 on: August 28, 2012, 01:00:26 AM »
If you're aware of it, then you have no reason to not stop it.  Like I said, extending a Sim's life on purpose is against the rules so technically it's not allowed.  However, that being said, there is a difference between a pet doing it and you being unable to cancel it and you just letting the pet do it.  I think there is a certain time frame you have to cancel the action but I haven't tried it as it's so random I haven't had another pet try to keep anyone alive in a while. 

I'm also fairly certain that a pet will only do it at the end of someone's life so you can't bank on that happening if it's an accident.  And I don't know about anyone else but I don't remember a time when I didn't want someone to die in my dynasty file as space is such a high commodity.
When I found out pets could save Sims, I killed a Sim to see, they came back.
We are of peace, always.