Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230547 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5655 on: August 21, 2012, 12:40:37 PM »
Metro,my Sim just completed the horse riding LTW,the one that needs you to earn 40,000,but she had only earned around 10,000 in reality.It actually says 10,000 out of 40,000 earned. Should I just keep a note of any money she earns and declare it completed when she reaches her total.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5656 on: August 21, 2012, 12:52:07 PM »
Would purchasing a vacation home count for the building requirement?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #5657 on: August 21, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »
Metro,my Sim just completed the horse riding LTW,the one that needs you to earn 40,000,but she had only earned around 10,000 in reality.It actually says 10,000 out of 40,000 earned. Should I just keep a note of any money she earns and declare it completed when she reaches her total.

Rachel
Didn't this happen to ricalynn as well?  ???

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5658 on: August 21, 2012, 01:11:28 PM »

No - a building is a rabbit hole.  A property is a park or something that has to be upgraded to 3 stars before it counts

Rachel
Didn't this happen to ricalynn as well?  ???

Actually yes it did.  Amon said he completed his LTW when he was a teenager and it was only around 10k at the time as well.  Gimme a minute to find what metro said in response to me.

Edit: Here is my post and just under it is Metro's response.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5659 on: August 21, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »
Quote from: Rainbow Dash on Today at 12:52:07 PM

No - a building is a rabbit hole.  A property is a park or something that has to be upgraded to 3 stars before it counts

Aw rats!  :( Thanks though.  :)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #5660 on: August 22, 2012, 11:51:52 AM »
I think I read somewhere earlier that heirs do not have to marry or move in their spouses (Obviously for Female), is that true?

William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5661 on: August 22, 2012, 11:52:54 AM »
Heirs do not have to marry their partners, nessessarily, but they do need to move them in. (Except Generation 7, since there's no room)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #5662 on: August 22, 2012, 11:54:51 AM »
Heirs do not have to marry their partners, nessessarily, but they do need to move them in. (Except Generation 7, since there's no room)
Thank you, and since I don't feel it warrants a thread in the Game Modifications Section, Will dragging my mods folder out of the  Sims 3 Folder, and dragging it back in when not playing my Dynasty do any damage?

Fausta Legacy

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #5663 on: August 22, 2012, 12:26:44 PM »

I have a question about vampires. It's probably been asked elsewhere, but here goes! When you are spouse hunting, is there anyway to make sure the person isn't in the process of being turned? What happens if you ask someone to move in and it turns out they have been bitten and are in the process of turning? It hasn't actually become an issue for me, but it occurred to me that it could happen and it would be a pretty frustrating end to a dynasty. So, is there anyway to safeguard against something like that happening?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5664 on: August 22, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
If that did happen you would have to ask Metro's permision to use the cure from the science place. If I see someone I want as a spouse for my heir I try and get them moved in as soon as possible that is why in my dynasty I had Alexis move in while Alby was still a teen.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #5665 on: August 22, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »
How should we take photos of the immortals? Because if i take a pic of them just standing and posing it is 11 simoleons worth. Can i make them more valuable, somehow?

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #5666 on: August 22, 2012, 12:53:16 PM »
How should we take photos of the immortals? Because if i take a pic of them just standing and posing it is 11 simoleons worth. Can i make them more valuable, somehow?

Firstly skill up your photographer sim. There's a photography book you can buy in Egypt if you can travel or sometimes find at the consignment store if you're not at that point in your game yet. That'll get you to level 3. To get the rest just take lots of photos, especially of different things around town. Or to get a ready-skilled level 7 photographer if you have late night, move a paparazzi in as they come with skill.

Secondly change the filter type and size of shot. If you reach level 10 of photography use a panorama size shot because they're worth loads more. You can change the size and filter in the screen where you take the picture.

Thirdly try to take a shot with a title, like "my child" or "my spouse" rather than just a shot of nothing. If it's the first time you've taken a shot with that title it'll be worth a little bit more.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5667 on: August 22, 2012, 01:34:01 PM »
Don't forget if you have the MultiTab that it makes learning photography a snap.  (Unintentional but I'm leaving it!)  I haven't had a Sim learn photography in under a day with that thing.

The second thing is before you take any shots make sure you are level 10 so you can do a panorama and do it in classic vignette because those are worth the most.  Try to vary it up sometimes too.    I like taking pictures of Sims pillowfighting, playing catch, painting, fishing, etc.    If you have Late Night and you start getting any stars in your family, picture are going to be taken over by the LN designation "Celebrity Sighting!" but after you take the first shot (which is sometimes worth a lot) you can then take another shot if you didn't want that one.   Just remember it is against the rules to take a picture of a Sim with say the Dragon Cave in the background and it register as a "Dragon Cave" photo.  You have to be taking a picture of a Sim with the title being about the Sim you're taking a picture of.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #5668 on: August 22, 2012, 02:07:12 PM »
If we're going to have sculptures and pictures, do we have to have them for every heir and the founder, or can we start adding them later?

Fausta Legacy

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #5669 on: August 22, 2012, 02:10:36 PM »
You can add photos and sculptures only for some lifestages/generations if you want. As long as you've got a portrait for every lifestage of every generation, you're fine. There are quite a few dynasties where the ice sculptures are only in later generations I think.

anything