Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230602 times)

thesweetestpea

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5640 on: August 19, 2012, 02:36:25 AM »
Just a couple questions here:

Can non-immortals buy the lifetime rewards that are unique to our heirs?
Are we allowed to use the Oh! My Ghost! opportunity to add ghosts from the graveyard to our household, and if so can we make them spouses of our heirs? (I know there was something about ghosts but I wasn't here at the time, so I want to clarify - if it's not allowed I'll have to reconsider my plans for Generation 6's husband)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5641 on: August 19, 2012, 02:51:45 AM »
Just a couple questions here:

Can non-immortals buy the lifetime rewards that are unique to our heirs?
Are we allowed to use the Oh! My Ghost! opportunity to add ghosts from the graveyard to our household, and if so can we make them spouses of our heirs? (I know there was something about ghosts but I wasn't here at the time, so I want to clarify - if it's not allowed I'll have to reconsider my plans for Generation 6's husband)

Non-immortals can buy any lifetime reward that doesn't do anything to extend life.  It doesn't matter if an heir has also bought it.

The Oh! My Ghost! opportunity is not allowed.  Technically, it falls under extending the life of a Sim.  But it's an across the board ban that doesn't have any exceptions for what you have in mind. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5642 on: August 19, 2012, 02:54:22 AM »
Non-immortals can buy any lifetime reward that doesn't do anything to extend life.  It doesn't matter if an heir has also bought it.

The Oh! My Ghost! opportunity is not allowed.  Technically, it falls under extending the life of a Sim.  But it's an across the board ban that doesn't have any exceptions for what you have in mind.

The rules should really be more specific on that, since they don't explicitly ban ghosts and the opportunity isn't something that obviously extends the life of a Sim. If I hadn't thought to ask, I probably would have gone ahead and done it, and it isn't in the rules at all.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5643 on: August 19, 2012, 03:23:52 AM »
The rules should really be more specific on that, since they don't explicitly ban ghosts and the opportunity isn't something that obviously extends the life of a Sim. If I hadn't thought to ask, I probably would have gone ahead and done it, and it isn't in the rules at all.

The opportunity extends the life of the Sim who is resurrected.  Typically, the Oh! My Ghost! opportunity would come after the death of a family member, say, a spouse or spare child.  If you do the opportunity, that Sim is brought back to life and thus extends it.  I know that's not exactly how you planned to use it, but I don't think we could make an exception in the restriction for it.

Metro:  Would you please clarify if I've given the right information?  Is it in the rules that we can't do anything to extend the life of mortals?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5644 on: August 19, 2012, 03:33:14 AM »
The opportunity extends the life of the Sim who is resurrected.  Typically, the Oh! My Ghost! opportunity would come after the death of a family member, say, a spouse or spare child.  If you do the opportunity, that Sim is brought back to life and thus extends it.  I know that's not exactly how you planned to use it, but I don't think we could make an exception in the restriction for it.

Metro:  Would you please clarify if I've given the right information?  Is it in the rules that we can't do anything to extend the life of mortals?

This is where I think you may have inaccurate information. As far as I know, the only way to actually trigger the opportunity is to be friends with a ghost and have their grave in your family's possession. It's possible to do it if nobody your sim knows has died, you just have to make friends with a ghost in the graveyard. I've done it more than once and I've also never heard of it triggering without a high relationship even if the person that died was in the active household. Hence why I think there needs to be a clarification, because for the more graveyard-minded of us, having ghosts allowed in your household kind of leads to the ability (or not) to use Oh! My Ghost! to resurrect sims in the graveyards. Otherwise, the ghost potion is the only way I could think of to get a ghost baby and then it's kind of irrelevant to allow ghosts if there's no way to get one in your household. I have no problem with not being allowed to do it, but I think it's too big of a gray area just to leave it out of the rules if it's not allowed.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5645 on: August 19, 2012, 07:14:03 AM »
@sweetest pea — Oh My Ghost is not allowed because by bringing a Sim back to life you are in essence extending their life. When a mortal in the Dynasty house dies, they need to stay dead and unplayable.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5646 on: August 19, 2012, 07:17:30 AM »
@sweetest pea — Oh My Ghost is not allowed because by bringing a Sim back to life you are in essence extending their life. When a mortal in the Dynasty house dies, they need to stay dead and unplayable.

I've got it now, but I still think it should be clarified in the rules as not allowed even for pre-existing dead Sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #5647 on: August 19, 2012, 08:29:33 AM »
I can't remember if this has already been decided or not, so if it has I apologize in advance.  Here's my scenario:  I'm playing in Lucky Palms and changed the 50x50 lot(52 Golf Links Drive) next to my dynasty house to be zoned as Horse Ranch.  When I go to place the EA created horse ranch (only 30x40) it WILL NOT let me place it on the lot that I want. 
My question:  Can I purchase this property as one of the requirements for my immortal and fix it up to be a horse ranch, or do I need to place the EA created horse ranch somewhere else? 

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5648 on: August 19, 2012, 10:37:35 AM »

• 7. Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed (BlackOps). These can be Career, School/Scavenger Hunt, Skill, Special, and Celebrity Opportunities. Note: Immortals can have overlap in their opportunities that they do, as long as they have accomplished 6 unique ones. Opportunities that come in a string — i.e. the Omni Plant chain — all qualify as separate opportunities with different titles. Opportunities with the same name canot be counted twice — i.e. the various Learn a Recipe opportunities. Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps (but the Free Vacation opportunity is okay) and you cannot complete the Oh My Ghost! opportunity.

This line has been in the rules for as long as I can remember so I don't know why it needs to be clarified anymore.   It says in the rules and has for a long time that you cannot complete the Oh My Ghost! opp.  It shouldn't need further clarification because saying it's not allowed means it's not allowed not matter the specifics.

Simfulicious - did you change the lot in edit town to be a horse ranch then try to place the lot and it won't let you?   When I was doing my buildings for Lucky Palms, I chose the same lot without problem.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #5649 on: August 19, 2012, 10:50:21 AM »
Rica-
Yes, I changed the lot type and it won't let me.  I think that lot is a little glitched for me because I tried changing at the beginning of the save file to be one of the LN bars and it wouldn't let me do it then either.  hmmm...if it's glitched, maybe I don't want to own that lot...I'm thinking I'm going to place the training grounds somewhere else.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5650 on: August 19, 2012, 06:06:42 PM »
This line has been in the rules for as long as I can remember so I don't know why it needs to be clarified anymore.   It says in the rules and has for a long time that you cannot complete the Oh My Ghost! opp.  It shouldn't need further clarification because saying it's not allowed means it's not allowed not matter the specifics.

Okay, sorry. I thought there was no mention in the rules and I didn't catch that.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5651 on: August 19, 2012, 06:32:33 PM »
This is where I think you may have inaccurate information. As far as I know, the only way to actually trigger the opportunity is to be friends with a ghost and have their grave in your family's possession. It's possible to do it if nobody your sim knows has died, you just have to make friends with a ghost in the graveyard. I've done it more than once and I've also never heard of it triggering without a high relationship even if the person that died was in the active household. Hence why I think there needs to be a clarification, because for the more graveyard-minded of us, having ghosts allowed in your household kind of leads to the ability (or not) to use Oh! My Ghost! to resurrect sims in the graveyards. Otherwise, the ghost potion is the only way I could think of to get a ghost baby and then it's kind of irrelevant to allow ghosts if there's no way to get one in your household. I have no problem with not being allowed to do it, but I think it's too big of a gray area just to leave it out of the rules if it's not allowed.

I've gotten the Oh! My Ghost! opportunity many times and it's not because I have a ghost in the household or am friends with a ghost.  In my Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty, all graves were placed across the street in the family cemetery.  You might also be able to get the opportunity the way you describe, but I'm certain it's not the only way.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5652 on: August 19, 2012, 06:44:28 PM »
I have gotten the oh my ghost opp when some random paparazzi died on my lot and my Sim had no relationship at all with the dead guy.

I think if someone in your family or on your lot dies it is more likely to pop up.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #5653 on: August 19, 2012, 08:12:36 PM »
I've gotten  Oh My Ghost! as one of the first opps in some of my games. No sims of mine died, no townies did, nothing.

William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

thesweetestpea

« Reply #5654 on: August 20, 2012, 07:45:30 AM »
I've never had the opportunity trigger unless I went out and made friends with a ghost., I guess it's just one of those things. Anyway, it is in the rules, so I'm fine.