Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230384 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5595 on: August 11, 2012, 07:23:56 AM »
The blurb on Animal Expert says that it "makes dogs, cats and horses live much longer lives" and it says similar things about animals kept in terrariums and birds as well, so that made me wonder.

There is no advantage or disadvantage to a player if their pets live longer or shorter lives. Having a long lived spare can be a problem but as Pets can be sold(horses),placed for adoption or set free there should not be any problems as far as completing or not completing the challange.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #5596 on: August 11, 2012, 09:11:50 AM »
The following 4 items are banned across the board for non-immortals and pets and only pre-Ambrosia for immortals:
1. Getting a tattoo.
2. Getting a makeover. However, the Stylist career is not offlimits, so you're free to give makeovers to other non household Sims. Just be honest and avoid giving makeovers to any Sim where their longer life from the makeover would be a benefit to your Dynasty.
3. Eating life fruit or drinking a mixology drink made with life fruit.
4. Getting plastic surgery.
Generation's and Pet's potions and rewards that reverse/freeze/extend age are not allowed.
Drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs) is not allowed. Placing the fountain in Hidden Springs is fine.
The Genie's longer life wish and the Resurrect Sim/Pet wish are banned. The other Genie wishes are fine.
The Wishing Well Sim Store item is banned.
Ambrosia must be made from homegrown Life Fruit.
Mid-Life Crisis reward is banned for immortals, but not non-immortals.
The Moodlet Manager and Motive Mobile are fine for any Sim.
Birthday cakes can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday.

Relevant portion of the rules is bolded. No life extension for sims OR pets. The gourmet food isn't explicitly mentioned here, though it probably should be.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5597 on: August 11, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »
I don't really understand about the gourmet food. I've always thought that it only makes pets "live longer" in that it makes them happier, and happier Sims / pets tend to have longer lives. Plus, one of the athletic skill challenges (the cardio one) has something about Sims living longer lives too, wouldn't that then have to be banned as well?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5598 on: August 11, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »
That challenge doesn't actually appear to work. I've had sims with it die at 91 days and sims that have no athletic skill go on till 98 days. I think the Gourmet Pet food may actually increase lifespan though by acting like life fruit, I may be mistaken though.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #5599 on: August 11, 2012, 02:42:23 PM »
The gourmet pet food takes 1 day off of their current life stage.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5600 on: August 11, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »
The way the Marathon Runner Skill Challenge works is it lowers the percentage of you dying that day.  So when midnight hits, the game rolls the dice about whether or not this is the day your Sim will die.  Without the marathon runner it's something like 25% chance whereas with the challenge it's a 14% chance.  These numbers are probably wrong but I couldn't find the actual percentages and I'm in the game so I can't go looking at the xml file right this minute.  There is always going to be a chance for death any day after the lifebar is full.   

Gourmet pet food is like life fruit.  It will take the life back a day so you go from 18 days to elder to 19 days to elder.   This is why life fruit and gourmet pet food are both banned.

My understanding is that the LTR Animal Expert is very much like the Marathon Runner skill challenge.   It lessens the chance of a pet dying but doesn't give them extra life.  The Vegetarian trait also kind of works in this respect in my opinion.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5601 on: August 11, 2012, 03:17:01 PM »

I thought that it had the possibility of taking a day off the current life stage, not that it would always do so.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline uponthewaters

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5602 on: August 11, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »
Ooh, I didn't know that the gourmet food could actually take days off. Thanks for letting me know! The bit about the running kind of made my head hurt (math is not my strong suit) but I'll take your word for it! :)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #5603 on: August 11, 2012, 04:37:24 PM »
I thought that it had the possibility of taking a day off the current life stage, not that it would always do so.
I didn't say that it always takes a day off, just that it does take days off, as opposed to just making them happier, which is what uponthewater thought occurred.  Sorry for the misconception.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #5604 on: August 11, 2012, 07:17:47 PM »
My understanding is that the LTR Animal Expert is very much like the Marathon Runner skill challenge.   It lessens the chance of a pet dying but doesn't give them extra life.  The Vegetarian trait also kind of works in this respect in my opinion.

In a test file, I had a dog with 7 days till elder before my sim took Animal Expert. Afterward, he had 20 days till elder.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5605 on: August 11, 2012, 08:12:37 PM »
I just tested it with several of the families from AP and you're right.  It adds days to adult life stage but not to baby or elder. I guess the only time I had used it before was with elders so I never noticed that it added the days.  Like I said before, it was my understanding that was like the marathon runner but now we know for certain.

The LTR is Metro's call.  Technically according to the rules,  it should be banned even though it was never mentioned before.  This is just the first instance that anyone has questioned it to my knowledge.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #5606 on: August 12, 2012, 01:14:06 AM »
My founder got the Extreme Life Insurance opportunity, where you deliver a death flower to some one. Now I'm not sure if she - not an immortal yet - can complete this opportunity, because she's not supposed to keep a death flower in her inventory at this point. What is you take on this, can she have a death flower just until she delivers it?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5607 on: August 12, 2012, 01:19:11 AM »
Most of those opportunities can be turned in right away so only keep the death flower in your Sims inventory for as long as it takes to deliver it.  Doesn't seem to matter what the time is, I've always been able to make a delivery to someone as long as they live in town.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #5608 on: August 12, 2012, 01:59:43 AM »
Thanks Ricalynn, for your swift answer an confirming my own take on this. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5609 on: August 12, 2012, 07:41:34 AM »
Hi everyone. Sorry I have been a bit scarce lately. No matter how many enemies I kill in Rift, they keep coming back!  ;D

Anyway, Gourmet pet food is banned from here on out. If you have used it up to this point, no problem. I have edited the rules.