Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3245317 times)

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5550 on: August 07, 2012, 09:47:15 PM »
Best thing I've found so far is when you're able to travel (if you have WA, that is), go and buy a chest from one of the vacation lands.

If you don't have WA, build a basement that has no stairs or elevator or any access, and just store them all down them until needed ;D

Oh cool! I don't have WA, but I'm thinking of getting it, and my local store has a deal on. :D  I like the basement idea!
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5551 on: August 07, 2012, 10:43:01 PM »
Ooh, also, as I'm thinking of getting WA, or one of the other expansion packs, (I only have Ambitions and Pets) I was wondering if anyone knows which pack would benefit a dynasty the most? I'm playing my second attempt at an immortal dynasty, and I really hope this one's successful. :D
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5552 on: August 07, 2012, 11:06:59 PM »
WA makes it a lot easier to supermax gardening - if you can get in a trip to France  or China you don't have to do the Omniplant opportunities to get 19 total plants.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5553 on: August 07, 2012, 11:42:09 PM »
Ooh, also, as I'm thinking of getting WA, or one of the other expansion packs, (I only have Ambitions and Pets) I was wondering if anyone knows which pack would benefit a dynasty the most? I'm playing my second attempt at an immortal dynasty, and I really hope this one's successful. :D

I think World Adventures is good from an Immortal Dynasty point of view.  You get two more skills:  Martial Arts and Nectar Making.  You also get, I believe, 9 extra plants.  The chests are great for storing things.  It's also great when your family is able to purchase vacations homes because anything your Sims do while on vacation doesn't count on their ages.  I mean, time basically stops while on vacation and that means your Sims can get some serious SuperMaxing done while on vacation if you have a house for their skilling items.  My Dreamweavers could spend 21 days at a time on vacation once visas were at level 3 and certificates were bought.  It's quite fun, really.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5554 on: August 08, 2012, 12:17:46 AM »
I'll have to join the chorus of WA.

Generations doesn't do anything but add a couple of traits (Nurturing and Rebellious), one new profession (Daycare), and introduces the irritants known as Imaginary Friends and Over the Top Punishments.

Late Night introduces Mixology as a new skill, hot tubs, and the ever annoying Vampires and Paparazzi.

Showtime adds three new professions (Singer, Magician, Acrobat) but no new skills. I'd rate, in order of decent for Dynasties, World Adventures -> Showtime -> Generations -> Late Night

Of course, this could all easily change with Supernatural and Seasons.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #5555 on: August 08, 2012, 04:37:34 AM »
I think World Adventures is good from an Immortal Dynasty point of view.  You get two more skills:  Martial Arts and Nectar Making.  You also get, I believe, 9 extra plants.  The chests are great for storing things.  It's also great when your family is able to purchase vacations homes because anything your Sims do while on vacation doesn't count on their ages.  I mean, time basically stops while on vacation and that means your Sims can get some serious SuperMaxing done while on vacation if you have a house for their skilling items.  My Dreamweavers could spend 21 days at a time on vacation once visas were at level 3 and certificates were bought.  It's quite fun, really.

It's 10 plants and 3 skills - the 6 grapes, cherries, plums, pomegranates and polmels for plants and photography, nectar making and sim fu for skills.
I managed to get a family massively long vactions - 12 days due to level 3 visa and 48 days due to them all having prepared traveller and certificates of partnership (you can have the one level 3 sim buy multiple certificates and give them to other sims). That's a 60 day vacation.
This is the reason WA is the best option for Immortal Dynasty players. I managed to have a child supermax painting and paint enough so that when he aged to teen he joined the painter profession and maxed the career by selling the childhood paintings from the vacation. He popped the wish for maxing painting and photograpy and with the help of the multitab had that done as a child. I just had to worry about black ops and best friends and he was only a brand-new teen.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #5556 on: August 08, 2012, 08:56:02 AM »
Since everyone is talking about WA, I have to ask a question I've been wondering. Is the travel bug fixed? Since losing my 4th attempt at a Dynasty to that nasty thing I've been afraid to travel, and only do so in non important games.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5557 on: August 08, 2012, 09:15:13 AM »
I know Ricalynn has reported problems traveling that seem to have to do with the sheer size of her file. A patch last fall reported that a "game-breaking bug with travel" has been fixed - but I knew of two... in the name of "just in case" my second gen is doing a lot of travel to pick up skill equipment, plants, and recipes from all the locations, and I haven't had any problems so far.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #5558 on: August 08, 2012, 09:27:19 AM »
Ok so as long as I'm extra careful (saving multiple times under different names) I should be safe. Thanks!  ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5559 on: August 08, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »
Most travel bugs are mostly taken care of.  Fish still can't seem to be brought back by quite a few people though but if that's the worst of it, get a cat to get you those fish for your home pond if it's an option.

And yes I've recently hit a large snafu where the game completely stops working if I try to travel.  I'm in Week 39 with Gen 6 as a teen and the file is roughly 2.11 GB per save now.   Unfortunately, not being able to travel isn't a game breaker, so even though it bugs me that I can't do it - there's no reason for me to not play my dynasty file.  Just means I need to rethink strategy for this and the other two generations.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #5560 on: August 08, 2012, 02:12:49 PM »
Just made my World Adventures to work, so i guess i'll try the challenge. If i'll be able to stand it  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5561 on: August 08, 2012, 03:09:32 PM »
Just made my World Adventures to work, so i guess i'll try the challenge. If i'll be able to stand it  ;D

Good luck, Tin.  Let us know if you need any help.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #5562 on: August 09, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »
Thanks  ;D
And does it matter if a non-immortal gets a makeover and gets back to the beginning of a life stage? I just made my sim marry another, so i decided to give her a makeover, and she was 2 days to adult, and now she is 21 days away. Is it a problem?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5563 on: August 09, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »

The following 4 items are
bannedacross the board for non-immortals and pets and only pre-Ambrosia for immortals:
  • 1. Getting a tattoo.
  • 2. Getting a makeover. However, the Stylist career is not offlimits, so you're free to give makeovers to other non household Sims. Just be honest and avoid giving makeovers to any Sim where their longer life from the makeover would be a benefit to your Dynasty.
  • 3. Eating life fruit or drinking a mixology drink made with life fruit.
  • 4. Getting plastic surgery.
  • Generation's and Pet's potions and rewards that reverse/freeze/extend age are not allowed.
  • Drinking from Leon's Fountain of Youth (Hidden Springs) is not allowed. Placing the fountain in Hidden Springs is fine.
  • The Genie's longer life wish and the Resurrect Sim/Pet wish are banned. The other Genie wishes are fine.
  • The Wishing Well Sim Store item is banned.
  • Ambrosia must be made from homegrown Life Fruit.
  • Mid-Life Crisis reward is banned for immortals, but not non-immortals.
  • The Moodlet Manager and Motive Mobile are fine for any Sim.
  • Birthday cakes can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday.

Read the rules that I just quoted.   Yes it does matter as you just broke the rules.   Using anything that resets the life stage is banned for all members of your household except immortals that have eaten ambrosia.  This includes all the things listed above because they will reset the lifestage.[/list]
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #5564 on: August 09, 2012, 03:08:58 PM »
What a relief! I guess it was just a  temporary visual bug. Right after she went on a makeover her age bar was showing she had 21 days to adult, but an hour later, it went back to 2 days. :D I thought my challenge was done for. Oh, and thanks for clearing things up  :) .

anything