Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3245452 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5490 on: August 04, 2012, 07:21:36 AM »
Would it be wrong to say "If it he/she/it shows up in your relationship panel, he/she/it counts, as long as he/she/it's not claimed by another immortal?"

Or to class it as - Anyone or Anything your Sims get a Relationship Status/Level with can count?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5491 on: August 04, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »
I've seen the birds and small pets in my relationship panel but I would not classify them as qualified to fulfill the BF portion.  However anything else, yes it can be a BF.    I was being silly when I responded to Audren and I lump unicorns in with horses because except for a few magical abilities, so we really didn't need the clarification since he only asked about Dogs anyway.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #5492 on: August 04, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »
I'm thinking about trying the challenge again (I did once already, but I got fed up with it at Gen 4 for a couple of reasons), but I had a couple of questions first.

Can my founder be a townie from an existing neighborhood who has been saved to the bin, made YA, and enters the world that way (like any other sim from CAS, with no connections, skills, same starting funds, etc.)?  I have one in mind whose looks and personality I'm a bit fond of.  I will be playing him in a neighborhood that isn't his hometown, if that's a concern.  There won't be a clone of him running around or anything.

Also, when it comes to supermaxing the riding skill from Pets, do the same rules with pets apply as far as "once they're in the household, they have to stay until they die" as they do with sims?  Because training/adopting/selling horses seems to be big part of that career, and to supermax it you need to adopt 3 wild horses.  I wanted to be sure before I tackled that, as I love the riding skill and I'd like to use it as one of my supermaxes if I can.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5493 on: August 04, 2012, 04:32:11 PM »
Pets can be sold or surrendered for adoption.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5494 on: August 04, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »
To clarify, the rules about staying in the household until death do not apply to:

Dogs
Cats
Horses/Unicorns
Small pets
Simbots
Genies

Dogs and cats can be given up for adoption; Horses can be bought and sold; small pets can be sold; Simbots and Genies must be removed from the household upon creation/release.

In other words, exactly what cathyknits said. :)

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #5495 on: August 04, 2012, 04:54:40 PM »
Great! Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5496 on: August 04, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
I'm thinking about trying the challenge again (I did once already, but I got fed up with it at Gen 4 for a couple of reasons), but I had a couple of questions first.

Can my founder be a townie from an existing neighborhood who has been saved to the bin, made YA, and enters the world that way (like any other sim from CAS, with no connections, skills, same starting funds, etc.)?  I have one in mind whose looks and personality I'm a bit fond of.  I will be playing him in a neighborhood that isn't his hometown, if that's a concern.  There won't be a clone of him running around or anything.

Also, when it comes to supermaxing the riding skill from Pets, do the same rules with pets apply as far as "once they're in the household, they have to stay until they die" as they do with sims?  Because training/adopting/selling horses seems to be big part of that career, and to supermax it you need to adopt 3 wild horses.  I wanted to be sure before I tackled that, as I love the riding skill and I'd like to use it as one of my supermaxes if I can.

Would you be using the townie by using the same name?  The first rule is to create a YA founder if you are using a townie than you didn't create your founder.  Swap shop swims are allowed with maker's permission. 

Metro has final say but he denied me permission to use an EA created NPC as founder so I would think it would be the same.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5497 on: August 04, 2012, 05:45:22 PM »
Can my founder be a townie from an existing neighborhood...

No, that is the problem right there. You're asking if you can use an existing townie. You really need to create your founder.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #5498 on: August 04, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »
No problem. I had a feeling that would be the answer, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for the quick answer.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5499 on: August 05, 2012, 01:17:23 AM »
Well, if you create your YA founder to look similar/identical to the townie in question but just give the townie a different name ... eg Ines Foldtop, you could achieve the same outcome, Cheezey, and remain inside of the rules. I mean, people tell me all the time that I look just like Sean Connery, and if people can look similar, surely sims can as well. :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5500 on: August 05, 2012, 08:46:30 AM »
No, that is the problem right there. You're asking if you can use an existing townie. You really need to create your founder.

I would have thought it would be fine because it's no different than saving a Sim from a previous attempt to start a new attempt? If saved to CAS then the Townie would just have the appearance and possibly traits, favourites and LTW unless changed. They wouldn't have any skills?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5501 on: August 05, 2012, 11:04:10 AM »
Using a Sim from a previous attempt is OK because technically you created that Sim through genetics in a previous game.   I think what Cheezey was asking was to use a Sim made by EA.  Just because he didn't have any skills didn't change the fact that EA gave him his name, traits, LTW and looks.     I think in order for it to be doable, at least two out of those four would have to be changed possibly even three if you just liked the look of the Sim but in no way could you do the dynasty with that Sim being EA made him. 

Sage Steel my first published Dynasty was very similar to Christopher Steel (Cousins in my story) but Sage had a difference in name, LTW, traits, a new wardrobe, and I made sure several parts of his body were completely my own doing but I used Christopher's nose and face shape as a guide to making Sage for the story.

Don't forget Cheezey there is a townie DecaDynasty where you could use that townie no problem in his original setting.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #5502 on: August 05, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »
I've read the Townie Decadynasty challenge rules, but it doesn't really appeal to me.  Plus there's the age issue; the sim I had mind starts as Adult and I would've preferred to play him as YA.  I have him as YA in my bin because I had him use a young again potion at the very start of a game (used a mod to give him the happiness to buy the reward in the first game game hour) and then quickly saved him in CAS.

Anyway, I have another sim in mind that I made in CAS who is not an EA sim, so it's not a big deal.  I'll just use her.  I was just curious if it was allowed.

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #5503 on: August 05, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »
Um... I`m new at the forum so i don`t know where to ask this question but here it goes:
I love playing challenges in The Sims 3, especially legacy and dynasty type. I read in the guide about the immortal dynasty challenge which found me very intrigued. My disk drive broke and i can`t install World Adventures anymore, so i wonder what benefits does World Adventures give to the challenge, because i will play only with Ambitions and Late Night. Or can i do the challenge without World Adventures,and still enjoy it?

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5504 on: August 05, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »
First off, welcome to the forum.  :D

If you want to ask question about the Immortal Dynasty, you should post them in the Immortal Dynasty thread here.

As for your question, World Adventures gives the advantage of vacations, which allows some extra time for skilling. While certainly useful if you're running out of time, it's certainly not required for a good Dynasty. It's entirely possible to complete the dynasty without World Adventures, and I know of at least 3 that did.