Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3245540 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5460 on: July 30, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »
Animals adopted from the shelter don't count; only the ones adopted from the neighbor (the orange marker on map view).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #5461 on: July 30, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
You could probably give the cats up for adoption and then re-adopt them to count towards the LTW. 
True... but they are just so cute  ;D

Animals adopted from the shelter don't count; only the ones adopted from the neighbor (the orange marker on map view).
They do count if they are adopted from the Shelter, I have completed this LTW this was before. I have never adopted a pet from a neighbor.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5462 on: July 31, 2012, 02:24:27 AM »
I'm doing multiple ideas for immortal dynasties in my head these days but these lines kinda confuses me:

•3. Max a skill not maxed by other immortals. Plus, all related skill challenges from the Skill Journal must also be accomplished. This is the single "SuperMax" skill that must be unique to each immortal. If Immortal A chooses Fishing for his SuperMax skill then Immortal B could only get to skill level 9 of Fishing and would then need to stop. If Immortal B accidentally maxed Fishing and Immortal A had not eaten Ambrosia yet, then hopefully there would still be time for Immortal A to SuperMax a different skill. Immortals (and mortals) may max/SuperMax more than one skill, as long as their one SuperMax skill they claim for eating Ambrosia is unique.

The marked part:
If Immortal A had eaten Ambrosia, would it then still be a gamebreaker that Immortal B or a later one would accidently or on purpose max the skill?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5463 on: July 31, 2012, 02:39:30 AM »
The marked part:
If Immortal A had eaten Ambrosia, would it then still be a gamebreaker that Immortal B or a later one would accidently or on purpose max the skill?

Yes, it would be a game breaker because it would invalidate Immortal A's SuperMax skill.  It's part of the challenge to develop a strategy to keep the existing immortals qualified for their Ambrosia.  I think that part of the challenge rules may be poorly written.  Metro, what do you think?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #5464 on: July 31, 2012, 03:31:03 AM »
If i would then let Immortal A Supermax Fishing first, then later gardening. Then Immortal E could then maks one of them without it beign a failure?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #5465 on: July 31, 2012, 03:34:02 AM »
A Supermaxed skill must be unique to the Immortal for the entire duration of the Challenge. If Immortal A supermaxes both fishing and gardening, then Immortal E can claim neither.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5466 on: July 31, 2012, 03:44:34 AM »
Right, Shirin.  I remember Metro's Man Dynasty where he had the founder SuperMax quite a lot of skills and it left only a few for the other seven generations.  But, yeah, if his founder SuperMaxed it, nobody else could even max it, no matter how many skills the founder SuperMaxed.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #5467 on: July 31, 2012, 03:57:39 AM »
Then the wording is kinda bad. Ill probaly write a pm to metro with my specific idear i had in mind. See if its even possible to do it like that.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5468 on: July 31, 2012, 05:17:04 AM »

Immortal E can max or supermax both skills as well, but both Immortal A and Immortal E would need to supermax a skill that no other immortal has or will max or supermax.

For example, I had Immortal A Supermax Cooking as his unique supermaxed skill. That means that no other of my immortals can either max or supermax Cooking as cooking needs to be uniquely mastered/supermaxed by Immortal A for him to qualify for his ambrosia.

Immortal B supermaxed Fishing as his unique supermaxed skill. So, no other of my immortals can either master or supermax Fishing due to ambrosia requirements.

So forth and so on through the 8 generations. So, at the end you'll have 8 immortals each with one skill that they have mastered AND they have completed all of the skill challenges. This is what this forums refers to as Supermaxing. No other immortal can master or supermax these skills.

Then there are the other skills, that I think of as 'Free' skills. These are skills that any or all of the immortals can Master, Supermax, etc and this will have no effect at all on any of the immortals qualifying for ambrosia.

For example, I might have the following (all caps is my unique supermaxed skill qualifying that individual for immortality)

Generation 1 COOKING, Gardening, Guitar

Generation 2 FISHING, Gardening, Bass

Generation 3 PHOTOGRAPHY, Painting, Guitar

Generation 4 WRITING, Painting, Piano

Generation 5 INVENTING, Sculpting, Handiness, Painting, Bass

Generation 6 LOGIC, Athletics, Guitar

Generation 7 CHARISMA, Guitar

Generation 8 DRUMS, Guitar, Piano, Bass

Basically once you've decided on a supermax for one immortal, it is HANDS OFF for all other immortals. For me, I find that using a spreadsheet helps me work all this out ahead of time.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #5469 on: July 31, 2012, 05:28:39 AM »
Right, Shirin.  I remember Metro's Man Dynasty where he had the founder SuperMax quite a lot of skills and it left only a few for the other seven generations.  But, yeah, if his founder SuperMaxed it, nobody else could even max it, no matter how many skills the founder SuperMaxed.

If immortal A supermaxes gardening and charisma, I would count gardening as his supermax requirement and let the rest of the immortals ( super ) max Charisma. I thought that was okay as long as one skill is unique to them?

If i would then let Immortal A Supermax Fishing first, then later gardening. Then Immortal E could then maks one of them without it beign a failure?

I think he could. But, he'd still have to supermax another skill other than gardening or fishing, because immortal A has already supermaxed them, so you either A) Can't even max the skill because it's being counted as the founder's requirement, or B) Can max and even supermax the skill, but not as your requirement, because it has already been maxed by another immortal.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5470 on: July 31, 2012, 06:57:47 AM »
Yes, it would be a game breaker because it would invalidate Immortal A's SuperMax skill.  It's part of the challenge to develop a strategy to keep the existing immortals qualified for their Ambrosia.  I think that part of the challenge rules may be poorly written.  Metro, what do you think?

Yes, it would indeed be a gamebreaker in that example. Pam, by all means, feel free to edit that rule for clarity if you feel it needs it, or send me a suggestion if you want me to do it.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5471 on: July 31, 2012, 07:44:27 AM »
 If Immortal A chooses Fishing for his SuperMax skill then Immortal B could only get to skill level 9 of Fishing and would then need to stop. If Immortal B accidentally maxed Fishing and Immortal A had not eaten Ambrosia yet, then hopefully there would still be time for Immortal A to SuperMax a different skill

The way I understand this is that Metro is saying that if Immortal A has already eaten ambrosia and Immortal B accidentally maxes fishing then it is an automatic fail but if Immortal A has not eaten ambrosia then it would be possible to try and supermax a different skill and would not be game over.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5472 on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:48 AM »
My understanding had always been that each immortal has a SuperMax and it is your choice if you want to have other immortals max "miscellaneous" skills that aren't going to be used for supermax.  Because only the one Skill is counted towards ambrosia requirements unless it coincides with another's supermax. 

So Artie has maxed Athletic, Sculpting, Charisma and supermaxed Logic on purpose.  Athletic is considered supermaxed because he's just spent that much time working out that it happened.

Ares (Generation 2) maxed Athletic, Charisma and supermaxed Martial Arts on purpose.  MA was his unique supermax.  He has worked out so much and I needed him to have the strength challenge done for board breaking to the point that he's actually supermaxed athletic too. 

Athletic is not going to be a supermax for my dynasty so them having both completed challenges is ok as long as their unique supermax is still unique and not maxed by someone else.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5473 on: July 31, 2012, 06:46:10 PM »
I looked at the SuperMax rule again and it's written fine.  I don't know why I thought it needed to be edited.  It all gets confusing sometimes, but the rule is written as clearly as we can make it.  The confusion will just have to be sorted with questions and answers.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #5474 on: August 02, 2012, 11:27:57 AM »
I'm a tad confused by the Best Friends requirement. If my founder has their child as a unique best friend, will the child be able to have the founder as a unique best friend? 

anything