Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3245409 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5235 on: July 02, 2012, 09:22:18 PM »
My understanding - those Sims are mutual Best Friends, so they don't count. The 6 Best Friends have to be unique, and if they're mutual, they're not unique.

Example:
Immortal Candidate 1 has these best friends: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J. Even if he counts A-F as BF's, G-J cannot be count as BF's with any other Immortal Candidate.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5236 on: July 02, 2012, 11:26:07 PM »
I have to disagree with you, Seabody.  My understanding has been that the 6 unique best friends means that the 6 "declared" best friends can't be the same as the "declared" best friends of any other Immortal.  Let's say the first three generations all have BF #1 in their relationship panels.  Only one of them can declare BF #1 as a unique best friend.  The others can have Sim #1 as a best friend in the relationship panel, but cannot count him as one of their 6 unique best friends.  That being said, it's been so long since I played my Immortal Dynasty, I'm not 100% sure about it.  I hope I'm not just confusing the issue.  Metro, can we have an official clarification, please?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5237 on: July 03, 2012, 03:01:16 AM »
My understanding is the same as you Pam. Immortals can have mutal best friends A-M and immortal one can claim A,B,C,D,E,F as her unique best friends then immortal number two can claim H,I J,K,L ,M as his unique best friends.

It is all about declaring them as a best friend and not having the same declared best friend as another immortal.

If we had to discount all the friends that our immortals have in common it would become imossible for each immortal to get the best friend requirement.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5238 on: July 03, 2012, 03:15:51 AM »
All that I can say is: I hope Rachel and Pam are correct.

My plan is to have my Founder sim with his nurturing and family orientated traits to have a big part to play in the raising of the kiddies during their baby, toddler, child and (to a lesser extent) teenage years. That would most likely see him form lots of friendships with them, and I wouldn't like to think I'm doing more harm to my chances of a successful dynasty than I am currently doing to them.

Dek

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #5239 on: July 03, 2012, 04:39:46 AM »
I hope that the friends thing is done as said before. If not I failed my dynasty. I would find it more logical to have declared friends be unique.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5240 on: July 03, 2012, 07:29:40 AM »
Pam's explanation is perfect and spot-on. There can definitely be overlap with Best Friends, so long as the 6 declared BF needed to eat Ambrosia are different from the 6 declared BF from any other immortal. The BF concept is a little looser than say the BlackOps concept where any of the declared BlackOps of one immortal are off limits for other immortals to even do.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #5241 on: July 03, 2012, 08:39:44 AM »
Thanks for explaining that about friends Metro, I also got a little worried ;)

But about the opportunities... So if my founder completed exactly 6 opps before eating ambrosia, can my 2nd gen immortal heir not even do any of those? In the rules you say this: "Note: Immortals can have overlap in their opportunities that they do, as long as they have accomplished 6 unique ones." so I thought my 2nd gen heir could do the 6 opps my founder claimed, only my 2nd gen heir cannot claim those. Just like the friends actually... I would appreciate some explanation here too please.

EDIT:
OR is it like this: My founder could have done opp 1-12 and if he claimed 1-6 then my 2nd gen heir could do opp 7-12 but not claim any of them and he couldn't do opp 1-6 because they have been claimed already, right? So if you get an opp for gen 2 or more which the founder has claimed, you always have to cancel that opp, right? OMG I've never done that. I always accept all opps...
Darn, I think I failed my Dynasty because of this... :(
The funny thing is that I kept re-reading it in the beginning until I thought I understood... -sigh-
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5242 on: July 03, 2012, 08:51:52 AM »
If the Founder does Opportunities 1-6 and claims them, the 2nd Generation cannot even do those ops. If the Founder does Opportunities 7-12 and doesn't claim them, the 2nd Generation can do them, but cannot claim them.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #5243 on: July 03, 2012, 08:56:12 AM »
Just like I said in my edit...

So I've just failed my Dynasty I think... :(

Metro, if this is really true, would you mind explaining it a bit more in the rules on the first page? Just so I don't make this mistake again next time. And others too maybe...
Maybe you can add a sentence like Audren and me just said?

Edit: or something like:
Claimed opps have to be refused by other heirs.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5244 on: July 03, 2012, 08:58:04 AM »
here is the relevant rule.

7. Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed (BlackOps). These can be Career, School/Scavenger Hunt, Skill, Special, and Celebrity Opportunities. Note: Immortals can have overlap in their opportunities that they do, as long as they have accomplished 6 unique ones.

As far as I can see the black opp rule and the best friends rule are pretty much the same. Have six best friends unique to each immortal and complete six black opps unique to each immortal. Best friends and opps(that are not claimed as unique) can over lap for different immortals so long as declared best friends and black opps are only claimed once.

Odie I do not think you have failed you could have every immortal complete the same black opps so long as you do not claim that opp for just one of them. Just do not allow your immortals to complete the same claimed black opp and you should be fine.

Of course I might have got it wrong and I have failed both my hall of fame dynasties and my current dynasty.

Rachel

Edit Odie I just realised that you put that your second immortal had completed the same black opps that your first immortal had claimed but not claimed them,in that case it would be a fail as you cannot repeat claimed black opps.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #5245 on: July 03, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »
The more I read it now, the more I understand it. I just think it is so silly of me that I didn't understand it before!

When I just read Ratchies reply, I thought "Yes! I did what she says, I didn't fail!" But re-reading that made me realise what she said and really ment... It is so difficult sometimes...

Ok, please tell me if I am correct to think this.
Let's say there are 100 opps.
All heirs can do opp 1-10 for instance, but then neither of them can claim those.
Gen 1 can do and claim 11-16, but then other heirs cannot even do (or claim) those, so those must be refused by other heirs.
Gen 2 can do and claim 17-22, but other heirs cannot even do those, so those must be refused by other heirs.
Gen 3 can do and claim 23-28, but other heirs cannot even do those, so those must be refused by other heirs.
Gen 4 ... etc etc

This means you'll have less and less opps left for next gen heirs, right? I am sure there are enough opps though.

And what about after ambrosia? Can elderly immortals do any of the claimed ones then?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5246 on: July 03, 2012, 09:23:14 AM »
The more I read it now, the more I understand it. I just think it is so silly of me that I didn't understand it before!

When I just read Ratchies reply, I thought "Yes! I did what she says, I didn't fail!" But re-reading that made me realise what she said and really ment... It is so difficult sometimes...

All heirs can do opp 1-10 for instance, but then neither of them can claim those.
Gen 1 can do and claim 11-16, but then other heirs cannot even do (or claim) those, so those must be refused by other heirs.
Gen 2 can do and claim 17-22, but other heirs cannot even do those, so those must be refused by other heirs.
Gen 3 can do and claim 23-28, but other heirs cannot even do those, so those must be refused by other heirs.
Gen 4 ... etc etc

This means you'll have less and less opps left for next gen heirs, right? I am sure there are enough opps though.

And what about after ambrosia? Can elderly immortals do any of the claimed ones then?
You are correct. Even after ambrosia an immortal cannot do any of the claimed black opps that another immortal or immortal to be has done. I usually try and stick to black opps that are linked to a supermax skill or career that way they are normally only offered to each immortal. All of my immortals are allowed to cook,paint  and play instruments so they can all do those opps without risk of my claiming them as a unique opp.

Rachel

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5247 on: July 03, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »
Gen 4 ... etc etc

Each Immortal must do 6 opps that are unique to them - that is, no other Immortals have done them.  So yes, there are fewer opportunities available each succeeding generation, but there are a lot of opportunities in the game, so it shouldn't be a problem.  The only time opportunities were an issue for me was with the self-employed Sims, and I solved that by putting them in rabbit-hole jobs for a few weeks just to get some opportunities.

The BlackOps cannot be done by any other Immortal at any time.  Doing so would remove their unique status.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5248 on: July 03, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »
Part of the challenge is keeping your ambrosia requirements unique to that one immortal.   They have to remain unique because you're still trying to eat ambrosia every week to two weeks so you still need to qualify for it.  Your BFs may have died but none of the others claimed them.  No one else does the opps.  No one else maxes the skill.  No one else goes into that career.   This includes time machine mistakes.  If a time machine changes your job to another immortals job at level 10, then you've failed. 

As for the friend requirement, it's good the way it is because my 5 star celebrity, charisma maxed Grims all become instant best friends with anyone they meet and that would basically mean I would have to keep 6 people for each generation locked in a room somewhere so the others didn't meet them. ;D
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #5249 on: July 03, 2012, 09:34:35 AM »
Thank you very much Ratchie, Schipperke and Ricalynn for your answers!
I am gonna look at this positively: at least I wasn't at gen 8 when finding this out :D, besides I always like starting a new game ;)