Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248630 times)

Offline geekchic

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5070 on: June 10, 2012, 05:35:44 PM »
Darn, oh well.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5071 on: June 10, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »
So am I correct in understanding that fathers of the children don't have to move in? I made my imaginary friend real, not being aware that she was a female. Now there is no space for a heir AND a spouse, unless I can move out the imaginary friend?

Actually, with my recounting, I MIGHT have space once Immortal 2's husband dies.

One way to guarantee the gender of the invisible friend is to change it's name when it's still a doll.  It will ask you if you want a boy's name or a girl's name and that locks in the gender.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5072 on: June 11, 2012, 06:33:47 AM »
My Founder had a job. He was self employed as a Fisherman.

He also had a fairly high gardening skill and a skill in handyman after his toilet broke down early on in proceedings and he repaired it.

Had is the important word in the above two sentences. Since then, I've had quite a dreadful issue with my laptop. It told me it need to update the bios. It froze during the process and it has since died. So I've lost the progress I had made and now The Sims 3 has been reinstalled on my desktop. Union Cove can be played on my desktop unlike my laptop. So I am now restarting the Dynasty and am doing it this time in Union Cove.

Let me see, since trying to have a go at the Immortal Dynasty, I have had my desktop develop a virus and then my laptop freezing through bios update. Maybe this is all trying to tell me a message not to start a Dynasty or something. Or maybe I'm just having a bad time with technology at the moment. :)

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5073 on: June 11, 2012, 08:25:31 AM »
My Founder had a job ... he was self employed as a Fisherman.

What Pam meant was to employ him in a career that actually goes to work to get opportunities from there.   If he had reached level 10 as a fisherman, he would have been allowed to switch jobs no problem and most likely wouldn't have made any problems for other immortal candidates.  It's a nice trick to do in a pinch.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5074 on: June 11, 2012, 08:55:17 AM »
oh I understand now

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #5075 on: June 12, 2012, 06:37:18 AM »
In my dynasty the second hair and her daughter went to China and all of sudden a daughter of the second heir showed up and she is older then Summer (the third heir) I know nothing of a child and my second heir has never been involved in any romantic relationships in China. Is this a problem?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5076 on: June 12, 2012, 07:28:58 AM »
I think the general rule is to just ignore any children that appear in the family tree as a result of a glitch while travelling.
I am assuming this child is just on the family tree and hasn't appeared in the dynasty house.

Edited to ask a question. Metro in the magician career there is a chance that they can die whilst doing one of the tricks. If a magician dies whilst performing is that just considered bad luck and end of dynasty(if it is a targeted immortal). On the same subject is it permitted for a player to give their Magician the unlucky trait so that if they did die accidentally grim would give them another chance and let them live. I would never ask this for the inventor career even though there is a chance of a Sim catching on fire whilst inventing because a player can send the Sim to the fire and put them out.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #5077 on: June 13, 2012, 01:42:58 PM »
I tried this Dynasty, and I've officially failed.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5078 on: June 13, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »
That's too bad - are you going to give it another shot? There's no limit - I'm on my third try, I think some people are on their fifth or sixth...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

AdnaanA

« Reply #5079 on: June 13, 2012, 01:48:02 PM »
Yep I'm gonna try again, but I don't know who I should use my gen 3 Orchid or her imaginary friend spouse Riley. Also I'm gonna stay in SV; much better town than the others in my opinion.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5080 on: June 13, 2012, 03:33:39 PM »
Yep I'm gonna try again, but I don't know who I should use my gen 3 Orchid or her imaginary friend spouse Riley. Also I'm gonna stay in SV; much better town than the others in my opinion.

What happened to make you fail?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5081 on: June 13, 2012, 03:36:26 PM »
He forgot to get his sixth generation's toddler portrait Pam.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #5082 on: June 13, 2012, 03:59:49 PM »
He forgot to get his sixth generation's toddler portrait Pam.

Rachel

Aaah, that is a shame! That is why I use a checklist. Which maybe is a good advice for your next attempt?

Edit: Are you sure you forgot? It didn't disappear? I just read your last posts of your Dynasty. Paintings disappear sometimes. But of course you have to be sure that you made the painting. A checklist helps with that too. If the painting has disappeared, the wall seems empty, but you won't be able to place anything else on that part of the wall. You can try it to check.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

AdnaanA

« Reply #5083 on: June 15, 2012, 06:20:08 PM »
I've checked everywhere,but thanks for making me feel better.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5084 on: June 16, 2012, 04:22:24 AM »
Oh my. I'm so over raising a toddler and twin babies and I've still got another two kids to get born and raise through the ages for my founder to succeed at her LTW of surrounded by family. Maybe I should befriend the babysitter and have him there permanent like to help with the care for the kids,or the cleaner perhaps or a random oldie from around town somewhere. At least I've got the heir's portrait done. He's got his mother's lovely purple hair, but not his mother's green skin. His younger brother has his mother's green skin.

The nice thing is my founder's hubbie had wishes of having a son and a daughter as well as maxing his painting skill. All three virtually were achieved at the same time. He was painting while she was giving birth at hospital. So he received lots of delightful LTR points. I just wanted to confirm that the restrictions regarding the three unique LTRs relates to the immortals and not to partners/spares before I go ahead and spend them. :) Oh don't mind, I've found the answer I believe. It says unique LTRs between immortals. Nothing about non-immortal household members. So that suggests it is fine.

Dek