Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248446 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5055 on: June 08, 2012, 07:21:25 AM »
Thanks everyone for your answers ... I'll try this from the start again. :)

dek

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5056 on: June 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
I like Agnes, it has a sort of so-clunky-its-cool charm to it.

Wait until you're far enough in and the game is generating names on it's own. I have a town full of Kirbys and Cedres...ugh   

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5057 on: June 08, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
...and some of the names in the random generator are even more "off" - I ended up with either a female sim named Christopher or a male sim with a really glitched body...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #5058 on: June 09, 2012, 06:16:10 AM »

Press Command-Shift-C to open to cheats panel (screen will gray)
Type testingcheatsenabled true, then Return/Enter
Type familyfunds [Nameofhousehold] [1800], then Return/Enter
Type testingcheatsenabled false, then Return/Enter

I can't seem to get the above cheat to work.  I open the cheats screen, do the testingcheatsenabled true, then I reopen the cheats screen and put in familyfunds [Merryweather] [1800] and press return but the family funds doesn't change.  Am I doing something wrong?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5059 on: June 09, 2012, 06:31:57 AM »
I just tried the cheat in my non dynasty game. I put familyfund(space)kennedy(space)1800 and it worked so I am not much help at all.
I haven't seen you around sassy so it is nice to see you.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #5060 on: June 09, 2012, 06:40:58 AM »
Thanks Rachel, I've been lurking a lot, but not really commenting due to RL commitments.  But I'm hoping to start another dynasty soon if I can get this cheat to work  ;D

Did you put the [ ] around the family name and funds you wanted, as this could be were I have been going wrong?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5061 on: June 09, 2012, 07:01:29 AM »
I didn't put [] around anything. It was just basically familyfunds Kennedy 1800

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #5062 on: June 09, 2012, 07:05:07 AM »
Thank you that's where I have been going wrong!!  Now off to try it again :D

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5063 on: June 10, 2012, 01:36:45 AM »
For some reason my sims aren't being offered any opportunities. I'm not doing anything any different to what I usually do, but no opportunities are coming my way.   :'(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5064 on: June 10, 2012, 02:43:24 AM »
For some reason my sims aren't being offered any opportunities. I'm not doing anything any different to what I usually do, but no opportunities are coming my way.   :'(

Is it happening to all of your Sims in the family?  Have you checked to see if there aren't already opportunities taking up the slots on the opportunities tab?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5065 on: June 10, 2012, 04:30:27 AM »
Yes, it is happening to my founder sim and his wife. His wife does have an opportunity there for me to finish for her, but that isn't as worrying to me as it does with the founder. My founder had an opportunity quite a few in game days ago which was to deliver 6 fish to a local. That opportunity was finished almost straight away and he hasn't had any kind of opportunity since then.

Maybe the RNG is just on the poor end of the scale for me. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5066 on: June 10, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »
Yes, it is happening to my founder sim and his wife. His wife does have an opportunity there for me to finish for her, but that isn't as worrying to me as it does with the founder. My founder had an opportunity quite a few in game days ago which was to deliver 6 fish to a local. That opportunity was finished almost straight away and he hasn't had any kind of opportunity since then.

Maybe the RNG is just on the poor end of the scale for me. :)

Does your founder have a job?  And any other skills besides fishing?  One of the slots is for career opportunities, but none will come in if the Sim isn't employed.  Another slot is for skill opportunities, so the more skills your Sim has, the more opportunities will come in.  The last slot is for special opportunities, like the Oh My Ghost opportunity and the celebrity opportunities. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5067 on: June 10, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
Does your founder have a job?  And any other skills besides fishing?  One of the slots is for career opportunities, but none will come in if the Sim isn't employed.  Another slot is for skill opportunities, so the more skills your Sim has, the more opportunities will come in.  The last slot is for special opportunities, like the Oh My Ghost opportunity and the celebrity opportunities. 

I am probably stating the obvious but have you made sure that the supress opportunities button has not been checked in game options. I did that once by accident(yes I am that stupid)

Rachel

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #5068 on: June 10, 2012, 05:19:44 PM »
So am I correct in understanding that fathers of the children don't have to move in? I made my imaginary friend real, not being aware that she was a female. Now there is no space for a heir AND a spouse, unless I can move out the imaginary friend?

Actually, with my recounting, I MIGHT have space once Immortal 2's husband dies.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5069 on: June 10, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »
Fathers of the children have to move in except for generation seven. If your house is full you will have to wait for someone to die and then move in the spouse.

Rachel