Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248579 times)

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #5010 on: May 28, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »
Quick question: I'm pretty sure buy mode CC is out as it may interfere with the whole level playing field concept, but what about custom build mode? A window is a window, right? Or just not allowed for the sake of shorter rules?

Also Agnes died at 90 days while her immortal husband was teaching the spare to drive in the motive mobile. Both husband and spare disappeared from the household and I couldn't call them over or find them anywhere. I restarted from a past save (of about 1hr in game) and Agnes again died immediately but I waited for the driving lessons until she was gone, and problem didn't occur. Is this okay? I should have asked before but our internet was out.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5011 on: May 28, 2012, 12:12:31 PM »
I think Metro had a rule of thumb that if you have a game-breaking bug, you may fix it, even if your "fix" would normally break the rules.

...and I've found driving lessons to be very, very buggy in the past, to the extent that I've started saving right before starting because I know there's really good odds something weird will happen.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5012 on: May 28, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
Quick question: I'm pretty sure buy mode CC is out as it may interfere with the whole level playing field concept, but what about custom build mode? A window is a window, right? Or just not allowed for the sake of shorter rules?

Also Agnes died at 90 days while her immortal husband was teaching the spare to drive in the motive mobile. Both husband and spare disappeared from the household and I couldn't call them over or find them anywhere. I restarted from a past save (of about 1hr in game) and Agnes again died immediately but I waited for the driving lessons until she was gone, and problem didn't occur. Is this okay? I should have asked before but our internet was out.

Third party custom content is allowed in the game as long as it doesn't give the player any kind of advantage.  For example CC hair is ok because it doesn't change the game at all.  It just changes the appearance of the Sim.  So, as long as the CC doesn't actually do anything, it's fine to use at your own risk.

You're fine with going back to a previous save.  That was a technical glitch and you did the right thing for it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5013 on: May 28, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »
@ Pam and Cathyknits
Okay, sounds good! Thanks for the help.

Offline ZacSz

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5014 on: May 29, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »
I apologize if this question has been asked, but I couldn't find it anywhere recently on the thread and I'm also not sure how recent of a change this is. I don't think I've opened Sunset Valley since I purchased Showtime three/four days ago, but when I did today, there was an Equestrian Center on 15 Summer Hill Ct. (!!) It may be a very recent patch.

I can kind of assume the answer here, but if I were to do the Immortal Dynasty, while I understand Edit Town is normally off-limits, can the Equestrian Center be removed from the property since that's the lot we're supposed to be using for the dynasty itself? I forget if it's the Ranch or the general Equest. center, although I suppose it doesn't really matter either way. Something's in the way, and I want it out of the way. Thanks!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5015 on: May 29, 2012, 09:28:34 PM »
Yes you can use Edit Town at the start of the game to get rid of the equestrian center.   There is a 40 x 40 one that can be placed somewhere else if you would still like it for your dynasty.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline KatieMiranda

• Nooboo
« Reply #5016 on: May 29, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »
@ ZacSz
You can delete or relocate it, same thing happened to me and I know Metro or Pam has okayed this before in the thread.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ZacSz

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5017 on: May 29, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »
Great thanks much to both of you. Like I said, I assumed as much but just couldn't find it in the literally hundreds of pages of this thread. I appreciate it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5018 on: May 29, 2012, 11:58:50 PM »
@Metro:

Would it be worth updating the rules to explain what to do with the Equestrian Center that gets automatically placed on the Dynasty lot in Sunset Valley?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5019 on: May 30, 2012, 06:18:37 AM »
@Metro:

Would it be worth updating the rules to explain what to do with the Equestrian Center that gets automatically placed on the Dynasty lot in Sunset Valley?

Yes, I'm on it. A little late, but I'm on it. Lol.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #5020 on: May 30, 2012, 08:56:57 AM »
Just out of curiosity, doesn't that delete the Beautiful Vista moodlet from the lot? I suppose it's better than not having the lot available at all, but I'd figured that moodlet was factored into the lot price.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5021 on: May 30, 2012, 10:14:58 AM »
I just tested it.  As long as you just bulldoze the lot once to get rid of the equestrian center and not twice to get rid of the lot, the beautiful vista moodlet stays with the lot.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ZacSz

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5022 on: May 30, 2012, 10:54:38 AM »
Wait, Rica, what do you mean by that? I mean I can read lol... But is there any reason/benefit to bulldozing twice instead of just once? Are there things that dont get cleared from the lot if it's only bulldozed one time? Obviously I think most of us would rather have the beautiful vista moodlet, I'm just curious.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #5023 on: May 30, 2012, 02:12:23 PM »
ZacSz, bulldozing twice removes the entire lot. Say I wanted to put 2 smaller lots where the 60x60 lot is. I bulldoze it twice, and that frees up the space so I could do that.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5024 on: May 30, 2012, 04:05:24 PM »
Also - there is a bug that if you remove a junkyard from a lot that sometimes the random item spawners will still spawn items on that lot.  These items cannot be picked up and half the time they can't even be moved in edit town either once spawned.  This would be an instance to get rid of a lot and put a new one down.

anything