Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248418 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4965 on: May 17, 2012, 05:50:55 PM »
I used gardening as supermax in everyone of my tries and it worked out really well for me. I had it supermaxed before I knew it and I was really surprised. The only thing I couldn't get to work was Gardening as a career it cost me two dynasties... Well good luck and the guide help me out a lot too!

The way to get gardening to work as a career is to grow money trees.  When you harvest the money bags, just slide them to the "sell" box in your Sim's personal inventory.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #4966 on: May 17, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
The way to get gardening to work as a career is to grow money trees.  When you harvest the money bags, just slide them to the "sell" box in your Sim's personal inventory.

So that's not the cash in for money?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4967 on: May 17, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »
So that's not the cash in for money?

No you literally have to drag the money bags from the inventory slot to the sell slot for it work.  I've never been able to get it to work from cash in.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #4968 on: May 17, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »
No you literally have to drag the money bags from the inventory slot to the sell slot for it work.  I've never been able to get it to work from cash in.

Okay that makes sense... Thanks for letting me know, you too Pam. Now I will less likely fail another dynasty :)

Offline KittyClaws

• Kitten Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #4969 on: May 17, 2012, 09:34:32 PM »
Oh wow, thanks for the info.   ;D I have to say, I'm SO relieved after that!  So the WA plants weren't added to the super max of gardening?  That's odd, cause I had everything in my garden except the steak, death flower, life fruit, and omni plant, and it still said I only had 52% of the plants.  No big deal, really; I'm using gardening down the line for another immortal.  If I had Ambitions, I could make it his career, too, but business is a good one for gardeners.  They can max that career without learning any skills at all, so it's also a good choice later in the challenge.

As a side note, Union Cove is the most beautiful sim town I've ever played.  I downloaded it for the challenge, and I think I may never make a new game in any other town!  It's amazing, and wroth a little lagging at times.   :D  I found myself just sitting there admiring the landscaping around the river and lakes.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4970 on: May 17, 2012, 11:18:44 PM »
Oh wow, thanks for the info.   ;D I have to say, I'm SO relieved after that!  So the WA plants weren't added to the super max of gardening?  That's odd, cause I had everything in my garden except the steak, death flower, life fruit, and omni plant, and it still said I only had 52% of the plants. 

It's a bit strange how it works, I admit.  The 52% is correct because your game is counting every plant available with all of the expansions you've added.  However, to complete the skill journal challenge, you must have a specific number of plants (19) which also happens to be the number of original plants in the base game.  No matter how many plants are available to you, that challenge only requires 19 plants.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #4971 on: May 17, 2012, 11:38:12 PM »
Ah Metro I was making a list of potential photographs for my next dynasty and I though why not ask if they are ok right away and also then everyone else gets a list of what you allow regarding those.

Either way here it is :

My spouse
Family member
My child
My friend
My grandchild
Kid playing with toybox
Kid play with oven
A sim cooking
A sim gardening
Sim using a computer
Someone painting
A sim fishing
Snake charmer
One sick sim
A singed sim
Supercop
A top chef
Master criminal
Honing body and mind
Running
Sim making the bed
Great tunes
Dumpster diving
Solo dancer
Fighting flab
Military big wig
Diplomat extraordinaire
Chief lifesaver
Soaked to the bone
A chessmatch
Remedy for a hot day
My main squeeze
Housemate
Whostly family
Big air
Bake sale
Fire in the Hole!
Top brass
Rocking out
Dancing fools
Skinnydipping
For science

These should be ok, right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4972 on: May 17, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »
Ah Metro I was making a list of potential photographs for my next dynasty and I though why not ask if they are ok right away and also then everyone else gets a list of what you allow regarding those.

I don't understand why you need approval for particular photographs.  I feel like I'm missing something here.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4973 on: May 18, 2012, 05:23:41 AM »
I don't understand why you need approval for particular photographs.  I feel like I'm missing something here.

I think it's when you take a picture and it comes up with one of those whether that particular 'tag' is allowed for the photographs of an Immortal. As it doesn't directly say 'Spouse' or 'Housemate' .
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4974 on: May 18, 2012, 06:13:44 AM »
Yeah, all of those should be okay, Margarita.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #4975 on: May 18, 2012, 07:21:28 AM »

I apologize Pam, early morning post brain not working right at the time.
But Samoth is right about what I was after.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4976 on: May 18, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »
I was meaning to ask this for a long time; but can your 7 gen marry, and then kick the spouse out and then try for baby?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4977 on: May 18, 2012, 04:18:38 PM »
No, you can't move anyone out ever in the Dynasty. Generation 7 has to go unmarried for their life - until post-Dynasty if you choose to continue playing them etc.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4978 on: May 18, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »
I was meaning to ask this for a long time; but can your 7 gen marry, and then kick the spouse out and then try for baby?

I am not meaning to be rude but you already asked this question on page 191 of this thread.
This is what you posted:

Is this allowed:
my gen 7 marries their fiancee, kicks them out and then Trys for baby

To which Twinmum replied:

this is in the rules..
No Sim can be moved out. All household members are to live a full and natural life and their eventual death can never be expedited (intentional killing).

So the answer would be no!

Then I added:

By the time you reach generation seven you will have at the very least seven Sims in the house this is the point where you have to bring in the next generation without moving anyone in. I would reccomend that the generation six spouse is either an adult for a female spouse or elder for a male spouse so that they die pretty soon after bringing in generation seven.

What would be the point of moving someone in which would fill up the house meaning that you would have to wait for the spare person to die before you could bring in the next generation.

So your question has already been answered please try to read and understand the answers to questions that you already asked.

Rachel

Please follow the forum rules.

Offline KittyClaws

• Kitten Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #4979 on: May 18, 2012, 09:50:51 PM »
It's a bit strange how it works, I admit.  The 52% is correct because your game is counting every plant available with all of the expansions you've added.  However, to complete the skill journal challenge, you must have a specific number of plants (19) which also happens to be the number of original plants in the base game.  No matter how many plants are available to you, that challenge only requires 19 plants.

Oh really?  Ha, that's good to know, cause it looks like I'm about to fail with this one anyway.  Handiness is maxed, but I still have to repair a lot of stuff for the skill challenges, and nothing wants to break!  Well, the cheap plumbing does, but nothing electrical.  I even go to community lots to check for broken items!