Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248824 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4845 on: May 07, 2012, 12:54:37 PM »
It's a picture of Tris painting therefore it is a picture of Tris.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #4846 on: May 07, 2012, 03:20:44 PM »
Oh darn. I think I'll still keep going- Hall of Fame isn't terribly important to me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4847 on: May 07, 2012, 03:33:38 PM »
If I do need to install it, do I need to uninstall the later expansion packs and stuff packs first, or can I install it after the others and it'll work fine?
If you decide to install World Adventures, I believe it is not necessary to uninstall all other EP's and SP's first. But some websites do say it is important. If I were you I would make a back-up first and foremost and try to install WA. Just because this is the fastest. If that doesn't work like it should, you can always uninstall everything and install in chronologic order. If anyone disagrees, please say so.

Edit: By the way, how can you not like World Adventures? ;)

It's a picture of Tris painting therefore it is a picture of Tris.
Really? I am surprised to be honest. I thought only a photo of the Sim directly with a discription that referred to that Sim (like "Spouse") would count. Of course, if it takes the same skill level of photography to make a photo of the painting, it doesn't matter. Do you need the same level?

Oh darn. I think I'll still keep going- Hall of Fame isn't terribly important to me.
I really admire your honesty! May I ask Metro if it really is a big problem? I mean, if the Reaper hasn't come yet and there was no use for the Death Flower in the inventory, it won't change the outcome of the Dynasty, right? This was just an honest mistake and Geekchic didn't know it but was honest enough to tell us.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #4848 on: May 07, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »
Aww, thanks. I just can't give up- third gen has been born already, and gen two almost has her skill supermaxed (logic).

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4849 on: May 07, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »
I really admire your honesty! May I ask Metro if it really is a big problem? I mean, if the Reaper hasn't come yet and there was no use for the Death Flower in the inventory, it won't change the outcome of the Dynasty, right? This was just an honest mistake and Geekchic didn't know it but was honest enough to tell us.

Yeah, if Grim never came I'll let this mistake slide. Just make sure to take out all Deathflowers for any potential immortals that have not eaten Ambrosia yet.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4850 on: May 07, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »
Silly question:

I know that tattoos and makeovers are a no go typically because they reset the life bar, but...

Is it permissible to obtain a tattoo or makeover on the day of their birthday? (And by "day of birthday" I mean, age up, and drive to the salon immediately / age up at the salon itself.)

It shouldn't reset the life bar, since it's already at the beginning, but if it's an absolute, I understand. Just exploring options at this point.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4851 on: May 07, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »
I think the no tattoos or makeovers should pretty much be a blanket no but that is Metro's call.   What's to stop a person from saying they got a tattoo on their birthday when they could have gotten it at any time to purposefully reset the age bracket? 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4852 on: May 07, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »
Yeah, if Grim never came I'll let this mistake slide. Just make sure to take out all Deathflowers for any potential immortals that have not eaten Ambrosia yet.

Thank you Metro! I think that is very big-hearted of you :)

I think the no tattoos or makeovers should pretty much be a blanket no.   What's to stop a person from saying they got a tattoo on their birthday when they could have gotten it at any time to purposefully reset the age bracket?
Uhm... please don't take this the wrong way, but isn't the whole challenge here based on trust? Just like you would not know if a photo of a painting of an heir was made before or after the heir aged up? :P

AdnaanA

« Reply #4853 on: May 07, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
Metro I did a test in a save file and found out this information:
If you makeover yourself or tattoo yourself the age bar stays on track.

If somebody did a makeover or tattoo on your sim then the age bar resets 3-4 days back!

----------
So Metro, can this be clarified by somebody else as well?

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4854 on: May 07, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »
Ok, I feel like I have been poking. Sorry if I was, didn't mean to come across like that. I am gonna say just one more thing and then shut up for the night.

The rules are ment to be simple. Anyway, that's what I make up from what Metro wrote on the first page. And I feel he is right that that is the best way to go. You don't want a whole book of rules with every exception to every rule. Then we'll all go nuts ;) So we probably should just stick to the rules the way they are now. At least, I would totally understand if that's the way Metro has intended things.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #4855 on: May 07, 2012, 08:30:08 PM »
Oh thank you! I appreciate it! :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4856 on: May 07, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »

Uhm... please don't take this the wrong way, but isn't the whole challenge here based on trust? Just like you would not know if a photo of a painting of an heir was made before or after the heir aged up? :P

This is totally true and I apparently deleted the line about this being an honor system and it's easier to just say no at all times rather than to say yes some of the time. 

I would also like to point out that unless the portrait is completely fuzzed you can tell if the portrait was done while the person was a YA.   The face actually physically changes when you become an adult from a young adult just like it does when you become an elder.  The degree a person sees is based on graphics settings but it is noticeable if a portrait is of a clearer nature.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4857 on: May 07, 2012, 08:57:22 PM »
Odie probably should have said, "you would not know if a painting of an heir was completed before or after the heir aged up."

;)

I'm happy to wait for Metro's ruling, I would prefer to do a self makeover (I don't care for tattoos), but if I'm stuck with the mirror/dresser tools, so be it.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #4858 on: May 07, 2012, 09:39:50 PM »
If you decide to install World Adventures, I believe it is not necessary to uninstall all other EP's and SP's first. But some websites do say it is important. If I were you I would make a back-up first and foremost and try to install WA. Just because this is the fastest. If that doesn't work like it should, you can always uninstall everything and install in chronologic order. If anyone disagrees, please say so.

Edit: By the way, how can you not like World Adventures? ;)

Thanks for the advice Odie ... I'll definitely do the backups first before doing anything.

Not liking World Adventures ... well ... Sims 3 came out some time after I got my previous computer prior to this one ... it ran Windows Vista. Vista worked really well for me, for like months and months and months ... perhaps a year or two ... and then World Adventures came out ... and well the computer not long after that had something nasty happen to it. I had to get a new computer with Windows 7 on it. I have never installed World Adventures again as a result, as I kind of blame the crash on it ... as it was after it was installed that it stopped working. I haven't been game to install it since then out of fear of it crashing my lovely new Windows 7 operating system. Maybe I will try it and just hope it doesn't get taken away by Death..

I've never used, grown, caught, brewed, cooked etc Life Fruit, Ambrosia, death fish, death flowers and the like before (that is despite having played Sims 1, 2 and 3). Shocking, but true!

Is there a guide or similar to how they are found and used?

Many thanks,

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4859 on: May 07, 2012, 09:53:54 PM »
You're on the guide right now!   Carl's guide to Fishing, Gardening and Cooking (includes ambrosia link at top).

Oh and welcome to the forum!