Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248717 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4695 on: April 22, 2012, 04:08:17 AM »
I deleted in SV the horse ranch thingie, is that ok? I did it to be the dynasty lot. Please say I don't have to start over, I'm sooooooooooooooo close to Violet becoming immortal!

You have to remove the Equestrian Centre from the Dynasty Lot, so you did the right thing.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4696 on: April 22, 2012, 08:52:50 AM »
Does anyone happen to know if there is a artistic guy in Union Cove, who maybe also happens to love children? ;)
I would love for my founder to marry that sim :D
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4697 on: April 22, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »
There are a bunch of artistic folk in the Artist's colony house.  That's been step 5 for my challenge steps so far, 1 set funds per the rules, 2 cancel the newspaper so I don't have a mess when I get back home, 3 head to the grocery store (buy loads of apples & grapes to sell) 4 consign 'em, 5 head to the artists colony and pick a spouse.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4698 on: April 22, 2012, 12:34:25 PM »
Thanks Brennan!
Step 3 and 4, seriously? I have never done that before ???
If that's profitable I should add that to my list too ;D
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ashel Veh

• Llama Wrangler
  • "What is a Weekend?"
« Reply #4699 on: April 22, 2012, 08:04:28 PM »
Yes u can free up the dynasty lot. I don't know about recruve stand though

Thank you!

That would be a use of Edit Town not covered in the rules. Sorry.

I didn't think so, but I thought I'd ask - I prefer turning on a light to stumbling around in the dark, if only to save my poor toes!  :D

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm getting ready to give this challenge a whirl, and as such I started to place the EA created lots in Sunset Valley that aren't auto-placed for you (and free up the dynasty lot).  I noticed that several of the lots that are pre-placed - the junkyard, consignment shop, etc. - are placed on lots that are significantly larger than they need.  Are we allowed to place the appropriate sized lots and move these features to them so as to free up the larger lots they are auto placed on?  Also, are we allowed to nix places like Recurve Strand, which, as far as I can tell, has no useful purpose, and place a useful lot there (ie: pet park, etc.)?

Thanks!

- Ashel Veh

I'm still wondering about the bolded part.  Based on this statement made back on page 182....

There are two 40 x 40 lots next to the Hart House and the Steel House and in my game they usually get stuck with the firestation and the salon.  What I did was move one of them to a 30 x 20 slot down near the beach and put the equestrienne center there.

... I think that I can, however I wish t be sure before proceeding.  Also, I'm wondering about replacing things like the Gym, Library, School, etc. with the EA made versions that came with Pets (I believe).  I'm thinking that, based on this question and response...

Just for clarification, based on these Edit Town rules, and based on a ruling about replacing a stadium with a stadium from Showtime: Am I able to demolish current rabbitholes and replace them with "bundled" rabbitholes? Such as replacing the spa with the spa/bookstore building? Or is it a 1:1 replacement?

I don't have a problem with you doing that.

... back on page 181 it's all right.  Also based on said question and response I am wondering if we're allowed to go into other towns (I'm using Sunset Valley because I'm familiar with it, so say Bridgeport or Starlight Shores) and save to the bin the bundled EA made community lots and use them to replace some of the community lots in SV.  I am asking because with all of the new features provided by the expansion packs I am having a great deal of difficulty getting everything crammed into SV where space is already at a premium.

My apologies for asking so many questions about this.  However, I wish to be sure that I get this part right.  If I fail and have to start over on my own merits or because the game throws me a curve ball I can live with that.  I do not wish to fail because I couldn't be bothered to make sure I was setting up my town correctly, especially when all I have to do to prevent that is write a veritable novel of questions!  ;)

Thank you ALL for your time!

- Ashel Veh

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4700 on: April 22, 2012, 10:11:01 PM »
..I am wondering if we're allowed to go into other towns (I'm using Sunset Valley because I'm familiar with it, so say Bridgeport or Starlight Shores) and save to the bin the bundled EA made community lots and use them to replace some of the community lots in SV.

Unless someone speaks up and says I have already ruled against doing that, yes you can. IMO you are simply changing cosmetics of your town and not giving yourself any kind of advantage.

Offline Ashel Veh

• Llama Wrangler
  • "What is a Weekend?"
« Reply #4701 on: April 22, 2012, 10:38:47 PM »
Unless someone speaks up and says I have already ruled against doing that, yes you can. IMO you are simply changing cosmetics of your town and not giving yourself any kind of advantage.

Thank you very much for your quick reply!  I really appreciate your time. 

- Ashel Veh

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #4702 on: April 23, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »
My sims keep popping in and out of bed! They had also disappeared earlier, but fixed after I reset them! This is my dynasty, btw- how do I fix this? :(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4703 on: April 23, 2012, 10:53:05 PM »
My sims keep popping in and out of bed! They had also disappeared earlier, but fixed after I reset them! This is my dynasty, btw- how do I fix this? :(

You can try buying a new bed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #4704 on: April 23, 2012, 10:53:49 PM »
I never even thought of that- it happened on all the beds, too. I'm worried. :(

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #4705 on: April 24, 2012, 03:41:51 AM »
I had this happen to my sim once. I fixed it by swapping the bed.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #4706 on: April 24, 2012, 02:14:10 PM »
Okay, so I played my game on Sunday and built the Rimterra's a new house. Now I go into the game and one of my cats is gone. Just disappeared. It's not on the lot nor it is on the UI for the family. It's just disappeared. The cat was an elder. However, does this bug mean I failed?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4707 on: April 24, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »
Okay, so I played my game on Sunday and built the Rimterra's a new house. Now I go into the game and one of my cats is gone. Just disappeared. It's not on the lot nor it is on the UI for the family. It's just disappeared. The cat was an elder. However, does this bug mean I failed?

Not at all. This is a bug out of your control. Just keep playing as if it never happened.

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4708 on: April 24, 2012, 04:05:55 PM »
So I have a question about the portraits... I know that they need to be completed before the age transition to next age (the cause of many of my failures  ::) ) but do they have to be on the wall of your museum before the transition? That is... do you have to be started on the actual permanent museum facility before your founder ages to a full adult? or can they be put into basement storage until you're ready to start working on your museum?  Also, once on the wall in the museum, we're still allowed to tweak the museum and move them to different places inside the museum... right?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4709 on: April 24, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »
Rule 8: "Each of the stages’ pieces need to be added to the museum before an immortal would age up to the next stage."

So yes, it has to be on the museum wall.

However, I don't see anything in there about not being able to renovate/remodel your museum. So I take that to mean that even if your museum starts off as a square box, you can still change it later when you have more funds. (If I'm wrong there, I know Metro will correct me quickly!)