Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248881 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4620 on: April 15, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »
Yes Metro did agree to you changing him from a vampire because you were unaware that he had been bitten before you married him into the family. He was a normal Sim when he married into the family.
 If I recall correctly he changed to vamp just after he arrived in the family. Pam,there was discussion about it on the previous page.

Rachel

Ugh.  Just ignore what I said earlier.  I was too tired to be answering questions coherently.  Sorry, AdnaanA.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4621 on: April 16, 2012, 12:11:22 AM »
I am having a couple of bugs with my immortal dynasty game file. The first problem is not a game breaker but I am just curious if anyone else is experiencing it. My founder and her husband are no longer married and I know for sure that I never broke them up. She is also no longer recognised as being step mum to her (ex)husbands kids. They still have romantic actions so it is not the end of the world.

I just ran into this problem (literally). Have you used the Photo Booth from Showtime at all? As an example, your founder and her husband took photos in the booth with kids, neighbours, siblings? If so, check relationships by hovering over - you may find one or both of them are in a relationship with someone else (including children!).

I ask because the problem I ran into: My founder and his wife took their twin daughters to go play in the Photo Booth. Any photos with the founder in them suddenly were grayed out, but still had value (photos of the twins together came out fine, and each twin with their mother came out fine). While googling the bug, I noticed relationships possibly could have changed.

Sure enough, the wife was still showing as wife, but when I hovered over the elder twin's photo, her new partner was her own father. :o

You can fix the relationship-hover issue by having founder and spouse take photos together, but in the family tree, they still won't be married.

(However, if you haven't used the photo booth, I'm at a loss.)

Edit: This bug appears regardless of the booth location. The first time, it was off the home lot. I went to an earlier save, and just for testing purposes, had the family buy a booth. Same bug on the home lot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4622 on: April 16, 2012, 03:01:47 AM »
Yes the founder and spouse have used the photobooth. Wow that is random I wonder if anyone else can have a married couple use the photobooth and see how it affects relationships.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4623 on: April 16, 2012, 05:09:56 AM »
First (and only) game I started after Showtime, I made my idol Nick Carter and created a wife for him, Esther and first thing I did was get the photo booth for them. I'll open the game now and see if their relationship is changed. Hold on Rachel.

EDIT: Sheesh, Starlight Shores takes a long time to load!  :-\ Anyways, I checked and they are both still married. I even had them go in again and take romantic photos and they are still married. ???

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4624 on: April 16, 2012, 05:53:14 AM »
In my game the founders spouse also had pics done with his daughter and grandson I don't know if that is a factor. Thanks for testing Esther.

Rachel

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4625 on: April 16, 2012, 11:31:44 AM »
You're welcome. Hm, maybe I'll open the Halliwell's and try a few of them. That's the only game I have several generations in.

EDIT: I'm not sure what to tell you Rachel! Wyatt took a pic with Paige, then Pam and Kelvin took pics, and Paige and Henry and after they were done, I checked the relationships and everyone was still related how they should be. That's one weird bug!! Sorry I couldn't help!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4626 on: April 16, 2012, 01:39:46 PM »
When you checked relationships, how did you check? I ask because of what happened in mine (not to doubt you!):

1) Valor (founder from CAS) and Constance (Shelley from Riverview) married, had photobooth photos taken (romantic), no change.
2) Valor had a photo taken with his younger daughter, Grace - he became her partner when I hovered over either Valor's or Grace's photo; but just looking at the relationship panel showed Constance still had the marriage ring under her photo.
2) Valor then took a picture with his elder daughter, Faith - he became her partner when I hovered over either Valor's or Faith's photo; Constance still had the marriage ring under her photo.
3) In case 2 and case 3, the girls still had the family icon under Valor's name to indicate "family" status, and when you hovered that icon, still said "father"
4) After that, Valor and Constance took photos again, became one another's partner again. But, when I opened the family tree, they didn't have the solid line indicating marriage underneath - it was one line from each to each girl, and if you selected either Valor or Constance, they had no spouse showing on their tree.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4627 on: April 16, 2012, 02:03:35 PM »
My Sims are not connected on the family tree at all except when you click on their daughter. In the relationships panel they have the little wedding ring.
If you click on their pictures in the relationship panel it says not in a relationship when the Sims stats pop up.

Like I said before it is not a game breaker it is just strange.

Rachel

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4628 on: April 16, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »
The way I checked them was after the pics, I opened the relationship panel, and hovered over each name to make sure they were related the right way. One thing I forgot to do was open the family tree and check there. Good thing I made a new save separate from the old one.  :-[

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4629 on: April 16, 2012, 04:20:54 PM »
Well I might have made things worse. I had Ben and Rachel take romantic pictures and while the family tree was still broken if you clicked on Rachel it would say Husband Ben. So far so good right. So I tried having Ben take a picture with Chaffinch which would reverse what I did in the first place. Now Ben and Chaffinch are named as partners when I click on their pictures. That is not a good thing  :o By the way Ben did not even show up in the pictures he took with Chaffinch.
I have just had Ben and Rachel take a romantic photo together and we will see how things end up.

If I get things back to some kind of normal I might just sell the photobooth,that thing is starting to scare me.

Okay Ben and Rachel are now back to being married. The family tree is still broken but I am not messing with the photobooth anymore.

Rachel

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4630 on: April 16, 2012, 08:01:24 PM »
Yup, same problem I had allll the way through.

Since the rules don't say the parents have to be married, just living in the same household, I suppose someone could deal with the broken family tree, as long as they fixed the relationship fast. But I can see that just causing issues if someone gets a "cheater" or "betrayed" moodlet or something.

The photobooth produces cute pictures, but very scary relationships.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #4631 on: April 17, 2012, 12:33:14 AM »
Twinbrook is quite a safe choice but you sacrifice beauty and good looking sims.
I don't know, Goodwin Goode of Twinbrook is my Dynasty founder's spouse and I think he's pretty handsome.  ;D Marc Brandt, the Dynasty painter, is pretty good-looking too in my opinion.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #4632 on: April 17, 2012, 01:07:20 AM »
So I really and honestly did paint the picture of Lily Fleur as a toddler (gen 2 immortal, or will be) went to place it on the basement wall... POOF. Gone. :( I don't know where it went and she's a child! I can still proceed, right? *sniff* Immortal one, Violet Fleur, is getting sooooooooo close to becoming immortal. Seven more meals til supermax cooking! Also, Agnes came with a kitten who I gave up... is this ok, as well?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4633 on: April 17, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »
So I really and honestly did paint the picture of Lily Fleur as a toddler (gen 2 immortal, or will be) went to place it on the basement wall... POOF. Gone. :( I don't know where it went and she's a child! I can still proceed, right? *sniff* Immortal one, Violet Fleur, is getting sooooooooo close to becoming immortal. Seven more meals til supermax cooking! Also, Agnes came with a kitten who I gave up... is this ok, as well?

Metro, I can vouch that this is a genuine bug in the game.  I've lost several paintings the way geekchic describes.  I'd put it on the wall and it would just disappear, never to be found again.  (Geekchic, double check on the other side of the wall to see if it went there.) 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4634 on: April 17, 2012, 06:13:53 AM »

Yeah, no problem. Sounds like a real nasty bug (thanks for confirming, Pam). And giving up Agnes' kitten is fine too.

anything