Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250321 times)

AdnaanA

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4545 on: April 06, 2012, 04:51:13 AM »
Can my gen 2 marry his IF? Because there is a chance the child would be an IF

Offline Ashel Veh

• Llama Wrangler
  • "What is a Weekend?"
« Reply #4546 on: April 06, 2012, 05:52:12 AM »
Ok, now my next question, Ricalynn -

Is there a place other than the lot library or buy/build community mode to find buildings? The reason I ask is based on BellaClo's example of having 2 diners. I know that in my lot library, I don't have diners of any sort - so I would have thought I'd have to get them out of the community buy/build mode. Where else would I find them?

(I read the 2nd question as being completely separate from the 1st.)

I'm very sorry if I'm sounding argumentative or contrary, I promise I'm not trying to be, just wanting to sort out my understanding after 6 failed attempts at HoF. :-\

You can find many, if not all, of the rabbit holes in build mode under "community objects."  I just tested this out.  You have to buy a property (ie - Stoney Falls) not a building (ie - the bookstore).  Once you have purchased the property go to the Map overview (M) right-click on the lot that you have just purchased and choose the real estate option (don't remember the exact wording).  Then select "Build on Lot."  You'll enter build mode for that lot.  Go to the community objects menu and select which building you wish to plop down.  You'll probably have to turn on "moveobjects" in order to place the building.  Find a likely spot, place it (make sure your Sim can route to it BEFORE you place it!)  Once it is placed the game repossess the lot.  When I tested it - aside from some routing issues that required me to "guide" my Sim onto and off the lot I was able to do everything I would have normally been able to do.

Hope that helps you out!!

- Ashel Veh

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4547 on: April 06, 2012, 06:21:13 AM »
Might want tp update the rules regarding town editing in the original post, especially on the point regarding the sunset valley lot already having a building in it and what to do about it.

I thought I remembered reading back in the thread that we could demolish it and place a smaller one somewhere, but I don't seem to have any 40x40 lots free. :(

There are two 40 x 40 lots next to the Hart House and the Steel House and in my game they usually get stuck with the firestation and the salon.  What I did was move one of them to a 30 x 20 slot down near the beach and put the equestrienne center there.

Ok, now my next question, Ricalynn -

Is there a place other than the lot library or buy/build community mode to find buildings? The reason I ask is based on BellaClo's example of having 2 diners. I know that in my lot library, I don't have diners of any sort - so I would have thought I'd have to get them out of the community buy/build mode. Where else would I find them?

(I read the 2nd question as being completely separate from the 1st.)

I'm very sorry if I'm sounding argumentative or contrary, I promise I'm not trying to be, just wanting to sort out my understanding after 6 failed attempts at HoF. :-\

If you don't already have it in your lot list (which to get that would be to go into Edit Town in a different game) then doing what Bella did for the second question and Ashel Veh talked about in her post above would handle anything else you wanted in your town.   I will say with complete certainty that you can go around 10 generations without ever visiting a dog or cat park unless you really want to.  So you could place those down and then remodel them  in your game to become whatever it is you feel you are lacking for your dynasty.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4548 on: April 06, 2012, 02:17:18 PM »
Ok, thank you very much, I believe I've solved this (and I'm very sorry for any headaches :( )

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4549 on: April 06, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
Can my gen 2 marry his IF? Because there is a chance the child would be an IF

Even if Metro says you can, I strongly advise you not to.
Breeding Imaginary Friends is rumored to lead to an ageing glitch, where Sims just don't age. Which may sound perfect for an immortal dynasty, but Ricalynn and/or ratchie had to end their dynasties because of it. I believe I also got the glitch in a dynasty, and ended it as a precaution. (That, and because my Sim teleported off the map randomly, and I was told that was likely a bugged save)

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #4550 on: April 06, 2012, 05:52:01 PM »
My fifth-eighth generations had the IF gene, after the fourth generation married her mum's imaginary friend's son (complicated!). The fifth generation also married her IF. It's in the HOF, so it can be done with IFs.

I don't think I had any aging problems with it, but like Seabody said they've happened in other dynasties. I saved prior to trying for baby every time there was an IF or IF descendant involved, just in case I had a glitch like that. I think a couple of other dynasties have done it, too.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4551 on: April 06, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »
Even if Metro says you can, I strongly advise you not to.
Breeding Imaginary Friends is rumored to lead to an ageing glitch, where Sims just don't age. Which may sound perfect for an immortal dynasty, but Ricalynn and/or ratchie had to end their dynasties because of it. I believe I also got the glitch in a dynasty, and ended it as a precaution. (That, and because my Sim teleported off the map randomly, and I was told that was likely a bugged save)
Huh? Never happened in my save files, I have a sim who is a sim IF hyprid who ages normally!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4552 on: April 07, 2012, 12:18:01 AM »
Huh? Never happened in my save files, I have a sim who is a sim IF hyprid who ages normally!

Ok, but just because it never happened in your save files doesn't mean it's not a genuine concern.  Seabody is just giving a warning of what can possibly happen.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #4553 on: April 07, 2012, 06:11:33 AM »

Actually, from what I've read in the aforementioned stories, it's not the imaginary friend hybrid that doesn't age normally, but the whole town (i.e. the sims out of your control, in this challenge).

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4554 on: April 07, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »
Actually in the aforementioned cases of me and ratchie, it was our households that were hit with it.  It was a horrible experience for me at least and it was our decadynasties not dynasties. My dynasties tend to fail for other technical reasons.

If you have good luck with IFs, go for it but there have been problems in the past.  As long as you keep back up saves, including a save from before you turned the IF real, you should be fine.   It's all very precautionary and just like people who don't get the travel bug.  It's not usually a problem until it is. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4555 on: April 07, 2012, 02:35:13 PM »
Just as Rica said we were both hit by the aging bug,not only did my family stop aging they would return to the begining of their current lifestage at random moments.
I was also hit by the aging bug when playing my Douglas Smith decadynasty I resolved that problem by moving the entire family to another town in that case I have no idea what caused the problem as I am very wary about imaginary friends whilst playing dynasty games and tend to keep them in the parents inventories and do not allow children access to them at all.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4556 on: April 08, 2012, 02:28:56 AM »
Just as Rica said we were both hit by the aging bug,not only did my family stop aging they would return to the begining of their current lifestage at random moments.
I was also hit by the aging bug when playing my Douglas Smith decadynasty I resolved that problem by moving the entire family to another town in that case I have no idea what caused the problem as I am very wary about imaginary friends whilst playing dynasty games and tend to keep them in the parents inventories and do not allow children access to them at all.

Rachel
Actually in the aforementioned cases of me and ratchie, it was our households that were hit with it.  It was a horrible experience for me at least and it was our decadynasties not dynasties. My dynasties tend to fail for other technical reasons.

If you have good luck with IFs, go for it but there have been problems in the past.  As long as you keep back up saves, including a save from before you turned the IF real, you should be fine.   It's all very precautionary and just like people who don't get the travel bug.  It's not usually a problem until it is. 
I think I might wait for my sim child to see if there is any girls in school but if there is not, I'm making the potion

Daemo

« Reply #4557 on: April 08, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
I have just started this challenge, and I have a question regarding my sims job.
He has reached level 10 of the culinary career track and supermaxed cooking.
He is an Adult and I am wondering if he can quit his job.  Does he have to stay employed?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4558 on: April 08, 2012, 07:08:53 PM »
Once your Sim has reached the top of their career they are free to retire. I personally usually let them stay in work to give them something to do.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Daemo

« Reply #4559 on: April 08, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »
Once your Sim has reached the top of their career they are free to retire. I personally usually let them stay in work to give them something to do.

Rachel

Thank you very much for your quick response.