Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250479 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4470 on: March 24, 2012, 05:04:23 AM »
I know that Immortals must reach the Elder stage and have their museum pieces done before they eat Ambrosia. However, do they have to stay Elders once they eat Ambrosia, or can they use the Young Again Potion LTR? I hate seeing my beautiful sims all wrinkly and shuffly :(

This is from the rules on the first page:

Generation's and Pet's potions and rewards that reverse/freeze/extend age are not allowed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #4471 on: March 24, 2012, 03:16:22 PM »
Awww  :-\ I forgot to check the rules again before I asked.  But once my dynasty is finished, I can do whatever I want with them right? So I'll just have to be patient ^_^
I don't mean to challenge the rules, but can I ask why? I understand of course why mortals and pre-Ambrosia immortals couldn't reverse, extend, or freeze age, but why would it matter if post-Ambrosia immortals do it? I am asking merely for information, I of course intend to follow all rules implicitly so as to honestly secure my Hall of Fame ranking  :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4472 on: March 24, 2012, 03:19:06 PM »
Part of the challenge is to remember to keep your elders alive.  If you lose one immortal because you forgot to have a deathflower in their inventory or they didn't eat their ambrosia, then it's game over.  It makes it more challenging to be worried about the death of a family member.  If they're a YA or their age is frozen, that's not very challenging at all is it. 

Not to mention the unfairness of allowing potions that came after the challenge was written.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4473 on: March 24, 2012, 04:05:30 PM »
Yes, since YA's are easier to deal with than Elders, it would be unfair to Pam, Schipperke, ratchie and everyone else who finished before Generations if we could all use the Young Again potion.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4474 on: March 24, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »
Also, it is the objective of the challenge itself to have 8 elders living in one house.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4475 on: March 24, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »
Also, it is the objective of the challenge itself to have 8 elders living in one house.

Yep, that's almost a retirement home :D
They will probably be talking about their grandchildren to their grandchildren ;D
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #4476 on: March 25, 2012, 04:19:15 AM »
You're right, of course, I didn't think it through. I was only thinking of the cosmetics.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4477 on: March 27, 2012, 01:38:12 AM »
HELP!  I failed my first Immortal Dynasty attempt.  What I would like to do is start over with my first heir as the founder.  Is there anyway to RESET him so that he doesn't have skills, or extra money, or inventory?

I have saved sims to the library before only to find out that they still have their skills, etc.

I have a really good story idea and I could work the failed attempt of the original founder into the new story as a prologue.

***EDIT:  OMG!  I figured it out by myself.  I have been trying to do this for weeks with one sim or another...lol.   Apparently, the "save to library" while you are in Create-A-Sim saves to the library of pre-made sims which is different from the library in edit town which is household based.   Hope this helps someone else!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4478 on: March 27, 2012, 02:23:24 AM »
Caterina, you need to save the heir into CAS. Change their appearance with a mirror, then in CAS go to their portrait and click on their dots and select the files icon. Then go to a new Game (Fresh Town) and select make a family, then click on the icon of a range of sims/pets. Search through that window till you see your Heir and then select them and press Okay. You can also edit them in CAS using all the skin, facial tools etc.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4479 on: March 27, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »
Thanks.   I knew there had to be a way to do it.  It just didn't make sense that there wouldn't be a way.  I guess I just missed that the whole create-a-sim library was the pre-made sim area.  All is good now.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4480 on: March 27, 2012, 11:46:15 AM »
Hi, everyone!

I'm beginning my Immortal Dynasty today, but after finishing things up in my planning notebook, I realized that I'm rather confused on choosing the fishing skill as a supermax - Will I be able to complete the challenge where you capture every type of fish in Hidden Springs? Will Hidden Springs have all the fish from every EP? If not, then I think that renders the skill impossible to supermax. :( (Yes, I'm probably missing something really obvious here - please enlighten me. :P ) Also, does anyone want to tell me that I shouldn't supermax fishing because it's hard? I picked it for a reason, but if it turns out to be horrendously difficult I really don't want to take the chance.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #4481 on: March 27, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »
Fez,
Fishing is not hard to supermax. Make sure you have a list of bait and buy the appropriate baits before you go out. Find a place where there are a bunch of fishing holes near each other (jumping spots) and fish for 5 fish with a bait then rotate. Rinse and repeat.
Some tricks -
Gourami are available at the store - buy 10 and stock a pond an you can fish for them easily.
Gourami, sea sludge and sewer tribolite aren't at a spawner, but you can fish for them in open areas with the proper bait.
I had my founder supermax fishing. He even was able to max the fishing career (stocked a pond at home with deathfish) before he hit elder.
Good luck and have fun!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4482 on: March 27, 2012, 11:53:54 AM »
Fez,
Fishing is not hard to supermax. Make sure you have a list of bait and buy the appropriate baits before you go out. Find a place where there are a bunch of fishing holes near each other (jumping spots) and fish for 5 fish with a bait then rotate. Rinse and repeat.
Some tricks -
Gourami are available at the store - buy 10 and stock a pond an you can fish for them easily.
Gourami, sea sludge and sewer tribolite aren't at a spawner, but you can fish for them in open areas with the proper bait.
I had my founder supermax fishing. He even was able to max the fishing career (stocked a pond at home with deathfish) before he hit elder.
Good luck and have fun!

Woowoowoo! Thankyou very much! :) I can begin my dynasty now. I shall post the prologue on Friday. ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4483 on: March 27, 2012, 12:07:09 PM »
Actually no offense to Ivrugger but it's even easier than that.   You don't need bait to supermax.  All you need is a sim who likes to be outside and fish.  I've caught every fish imaginable from Sunset Valley and it would be the same for Hidden Springs.   Be careful of Hidden Springs' issues though. 

I think this was mentioned a page or two back but all you need is 20 fish for the supermax challenge.  That's 20 out of a possible 37 if you have every single EP.  In fact, you can get this challenge only getting the fish from just base game as it doesn't adjust for additional EPs.  You just have to know where fish spawn.   I've fished in HS so many times so if you ever can't find a fish, just PM me and I'll help you anytime. 

I do a lot of what Ivrugger says about jumping spots for fishing.  I find a string of them that near each other and I hit fish (I never use bait since the Pets incident - only use bait if you want a specific fish but it's not required for even deathfish) and pull the tab out to fish until you've caught 5 and I do this 8 times.  I make sure there is fruit in the pocket to eat and a sleeping bag to take a nap.  Voila! Fishing supermaxed.   My 2nd generation of Artie's first dynasty had her fishing supermaxed before she was an adult.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4484 on: March 27, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »
Actually no offense to Ivrugger but it's even easier than that.   You don't need bait to supermax.  All you need is a sim who likes to be outside and fish.  I've caught every fish imaginable from Sunset Valley and it would be the same for Hidden Springs.   Be careful of Hidden Springs' issues though. 

I think this was mentioned a page or two back but all you need is 20 fish for the supermax challenge.  That's 20 out of a possible 37 if you have every single EP.  In fact, you can get this challenge only getting the fish from just base game as it doesn't adjust for additional EPs.  You just have to know where fish spawn.   I've fished in HS so many times so if you ever can't find a fish, just PM me and I'll help you anytime. 

I do a lot of what Ivrugger says about jumping spots for fishing.  I find a string of them that near each other and I hit fish (I never use bait since the Pets incident - only use bait if you want a specific fish but it's not required for even deathfish) and pull the tab out to fish until you've caught 5 and I do this 8 times.  I make sure there is fruit in the pocket to eat and a sleeping bag to take a nap.  Voila! Fishing supermaxed.   My 2nd generation of Artie's first dynasty had her fishing supermaxed before she was an adult.

Oh wow, haha! That's made me really happy, the challenge doesn't seem so daunting now! Still looks hard, but not entirely daunting! :D I'm also aware of Hidden Springs' issues, but I planned the dynasty before I decided on the town and after deciding on my theme, etc. I realised it was the only town that suited. :( I'll just have to hope things go right, which they rarely do for me but I have hope! If it doesn't work out on my first go because of town-related problems, I'll just admit defeat and restart in another, less buggy, town. :)