Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250296 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4380 on: March 15, 2012, 06:55:10 AM »
Are we allowed to replace the stadium in Sunset Valley with the one from Showime since it's also somewhere you can perform?

Yeah, I do not see a problem with that. You're just swapping one for the other.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #4381 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »
Hey, a question: do photos taken in the photo booth count a photos for the museum? I'm just asking since they're adorable.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4382 on: March 16, 2012, 04:18:44 AM »
Does anybody know if Jake Coastal, from Barnacle Bay, has the Gardening Skill? If so, what level? I want my Founder, Habenero Pepper, to marry him if he does. ;D I looked on Sims Wikia and it had no information, and I don't know any reliable sites that list the skills Sims have.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4383 on: March 16, 2012, 06:48:56 AM »
Jake Coastal starts the game with 4 cooking, 7 fishing, 4 gardening and 2 handiness.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4384 on: March 16, 2012, 07:19:10 AM »
Hey, a question: do photos taken in the photo booth count a photos for the museum? I'm just asking since they're adorable.

It's the paintings the are more restrictive -- they have to be portraits. As long as your Immortal is clearly the focus of the photo and registers as such then photo booth shots should be fine.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4385 on: March 16, 2012, 01:10:45 PM »
OMG Please HELP!
My founder is supermaxing the fishing skill (yes still :P). He needs to catch 183 more fish... He is an elder of 77 and I worry he is not going to finish supermaxing his skill on time. All helpful suggestions are welcome!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #4386 on: March 16, 2012, 01:27:15 PM »
I hope your second generation is a young adult and you have World Adventures. If you do, you can try going on vacation, getting either immortal to level 3 VISA, and dedicate 12-15 day vacations (depends on if you bought the certificate or not) to fishing. Time is frozen while on vacation so your founder cannot die of old age while in China, Egypt, or France.

If you don't have WA then there's still hope. You could always try changing the founder's supermax to cooking (or athletic if you have a moodlet manager) and try to prep 75 autumn salads as fast as possible. The showtime patch adding vegetarian recipes will cause you to get the menu maven challenge just by hitting level 10.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4387 on: March 16, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »
Every time I've ever tried to do this I found really easy.  My way of doing it is to make sure the person doesn't have work or anything.  Before you send your sim out make sure they have a moodlet manager, motive mobile or just happens to have every need maxed out.  Fruit in inventory for snacks later.  Have a good idea of where you want to send them.  Then starting near the house I pick all my familiar hot spots for fish (where the fish are jumping).  I click on the spot to fish.  I don't even worry about bait.  I pull the tab so they only fish at that spot until they catch 5 fish.  I do this for 8 spots and just keep doing this until I run out of fishing spots in town or he becomes exhausted and needs to sleep.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4388 on: March 16, 2012, 02:58:41 PM »
Thanks for replying so fast!  :)
@Orange Iguana
Unfortunately my second generation is still a child, becoming a teenager soon... But for the next generations vacation is a very good idea to stop the time for a while of course! (didn't think of that yet  :P)

@Ricalynn
I will try that, thanks! Already tried to max the mood and always go with lots of fruit and such to eat, but I tend to stay at one fishing spot a day. Mostly because travelling takes a lot of time. I already thought you'd catch less fish if you stay at the same spot for a long time. If I do like you suggested, how many days do you think it will take? By the way, what is a moodlet manager?

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4389 on: March 16, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »
Jake Coastal starts the game with 4 cooking, 7 fishing, 4 gardening and 2 handiness.

Thank you Ricalynn!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4390 on: March 16, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »
Thanks for replying so fast!  :)
@Orange Iguana
Unfortunately my second generation is still a child, becoming a teenager soon... But for the next generations vacation is a very good idea to stop the time for a while of course! (didn't think of that yet  :P)

@Ricalynn
I will try that, thanks! Already tried to max the mood and always go with lots of fruit and such to eat, but I tend to stay at one fishing spot a day. Mostly because travelling takes a lot of time. I already thought you'd catch less fish if you stay at the same spot for a long time. If I do like you suggested, how many days do you think it will take? By the way, what is a moodlet manager?

Moodlet Manager is a LTR worth 60,000 LTHP and it will get rid of negative moodlets and refill any needs bars they may correlate with.  Examples would be: refilling the hunger need bar and removing the hungry moodlet, removing the sleepy moodlet and refilling the energy bar, getting rid of the mourning moodlet after someone dies.   It's awesome.   

As for how long will it take, if you have every other skill challenge done.  A couple of days?  What town are you in?  If you want we can take this to PMs and I can tell you a path I would take in that town to get the most fish in one day.   Do you have access to the Motive Mobile?  It's another LTR that came with Generations.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4391 on: March 16, 2012, 04:58:11 PM »
Hi Ricalynn,

I am in beautiful Union Cove  ;D Absolutely love this world!!!
Unfortunately I have spend a lot of LTHP on other things. I have about 35000 points now. That's not enough for either. But I am doing like you said and hopping from fishing spot to fishing spot a long the river and the ocean. That's actually quite easy in UC. The only thing is that i also need to make a few friends. I have neglected them a little and 2 died... I have to figure out a way to make friends fast. But I am really enjoying the challenge haha ;D
This is my second attempt. I am already further than in my first attempt  ;) I am learning a lot doing this. I am doing things I never did before in the Sims, so I am really enjoying myself!
The first time I had a lot of trouble finding a spous. The one I went for had trouble with commitments, go figure haha. And by the time I finally wanted to ask her to move in I couldnot do that. Later I found out it was because I only had 1 single bed. Apparently no sleeping space means no option to move in... After that I just ran out of time to have her painting skill good enough for making the painting of my YA founder.
I sure hope to finish my 2nd attempt. But else, I know better what to do differently next time. It is actually fun not to walsh through it in 1 attempt. It is called a challenge for a reason  :P

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4392 on: March 16, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
That's exactly right.  It is a challenge.  I failed four attempts with one person, tried again with another (failed that one) and am on my third attempt with Artie. 

I don't actually know a lot about Union Cove because it stresses my machine a little but I'm glad you figured out a way to do it. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4393 on: March 16, 2012, 09:59:02 PM »
The only thing is that i also need to make a few friends. I have neglected them a little and 2 died... I have to figure out a way to make friends fast. But I am really enjoying the challenge haha ;D

It might be too late for your current attempt, but consider having your Sim learn the Charisma skill.  At the more advanced levels, your Sim will be able to make friends with just an introduction.  All of my heirs in the Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty had the Charisma skill.  Friends were never a problem.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4394 on: March 17, 2012, 07:19:10 AM »
That's exactly right.  It is a challenge.  I failed four attempts with one person, tried again with another (failed that one) and am on my third attempt with Artie. 

So this means this is your sixth attempt?  ;D

It might be too late for your current attempt, but consider having your Sim learn the Charisma skill.  At the more advanced levels, your Sim will be able to make friends with just an introduction.  All of my heirs in the Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty had the Charisma skill.  Friends were never a problem.

Thank you so much for that tip. The thing is that I worry a little to have my heirs learn to many skills. I want them all to be able to supermax one of course. I still have to find out which skills are doable and which aren't. Haha, I don't even know exactly how may skills there are. (I'll take a look on this site ;))
Do you maybe know how many points you need in the charisma skill to make friends easily?

anything