Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250599 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4305 on: March 05, 2012, 05:05:16 AM »
I have a few questions regarding this challenge, I've never done any challenge before so I'm just going to fire away.

1: Am I allowed to create a pet when I make my founder Sim and have him/her start the Dynasty with
    a pet? If not, can I create one in CAS at any time or am I only allowed to adopt one?

2: The Equestrian Center is always taking up the Dynasy lot in my games. Am I allowed to bulldoze it,
     create another lot and plop it down there to free up the Dynasty spot?

3: Can my heir(s) marry an Imaginary friend made real?

4: Can I use Buydebug to buy a WA chest for my founder to store Life fruit and Death flowers in until
    it's time to eat Ambrosia?

I think that's everything, I don't know if these questions have been asked before but I'm not about to go through 173 pages to find out!  :P

Hi Rainbow.  I can answer some of your questions.

1.  Yes, you can create a pet at the start of the challenge.  After that, they have to be adopted because the game doesn't allow you to go back to Create-A-Pet once the game starts.

2.  Metro will have to answer this one.  I'm not sure what has been decided about the Equestrian Center.

3.  Yes, heirs can marry Imaginary Friends made real.  I don't see any restriction on it.

4.  No to the Buydebug for a chest.  The cheat panel can only be opened in specific technical circumstances, and getting a chest isn't one of them.  You'll have to get one when your family is able to travel in the 2nd generation.

Metro, if I got anything wrong, please correct it. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4306 on: March 05, 2012, 05:17:46 AM »
Thanks Pam.  :)

Yes, you can create a pet at the start of the challenge.  After that, they have to be adopted because the game doesn't allow you to go back to Create-A-Pet once the game starts.

I thought a pet brought extra simoleons into the game if you created one at the start, that's why I asked.

No to the Buydebug for a chest.  The cheat panel can only be opened in specific technical circumstances, and getting a chest isn't one of them.  You'll have to get one when your family is able to travel in the 2nd generation.

That's ok, I just remembered that they can be bought at the Consignment store, besides I can always just have my Sim replant them until they can get hold of a chest.

One more thing I forgot to ask, can my Sim ask a potential spouse to move in before marrying them?

I'm currently doing a practice Immortal Dynasty before doing the real McCoy, I assume this is alright? If this was a real one I would have failed by now, forgot to do the portraits and sculptures, oops  :-[

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4307 on: March 05, 2012, 05:43:00 AM »
Thanks Pam.  :)

I thought a pet brought extra simoleons into the game if you created one at the start, that's why I asked.

That's ok, I just remembered that they can be bought at the Consignment store, besides I can always just have my Sim replant them until they can get hold of a chest.

One more thing I forgot to ask, can my Sim ask a potential spouse to move in before marrying them?

I'm currently doing a practice Immortal Dynasty before doing the real McCoy, I assume this is alright? If this was a real one I would have failed by now, forgot to do the portraits and sculptures, oops  :-[

The pet does make the game start with more family funds, but the challenge rules have you using the family funds cheat to set it to $1,800.  If Metro has an exception to this for households starting with pets, I'm sure he'll say.  (And also please amend the rules to reflect the exception.)

Yes, a potential spouse can move in before marriage.

There really aren't practice games with this challenge because it's not part of the annual tournament where the player has to have just one game file.  You can restart this one as many times as you need to.  The only time this would cause a problem for the Forum is if you're writing a story about it each time you start a new file and end up with a bunch of very short and unfinished stories.  But even then, we just move them to the Stories Graveyard. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4308 on: March 05, 2012, 06:13:10 AM »
There really aren't practice games with this challenge because it's not part of the annual tournament where the player has to have just one game file.  You can restart this one as many times as you need to.  The only time this would cause a problem for the Forum is if you're writing a story about it each time you start a new file and end up with a bunch of very short and unfinished stories.  But even then, we just move them to the Stories Graveyard. 

Oh right of course, then this is a failed attempt, lol. I'm not writing a story about this one. I will restart but after EA decide to fix the opportunity bug with the latest patch (I refuse to download it until at least one bug fix patch comes out, been hearing about too many problems with it). Also need to wait until Metro rules on whe whole Equestrian Center thing. I will probably make a story out of that one.  :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4309 on: March 05, 2012, 08:30:29 AM »
The equestrian center can be moved because that is the lot you're supposed to use.  Just before you place your founder go into Edit Town and place the smaller equestrian center (40 x 40) wherever.   This is an expected use of Edit Town just like it is if you were placing a laundromat, club, etc.

And yes you would normally get an extra money with a pet but about 10 pages back Metro said it was easier just to have everyone use the familyFunds cheat to get $1800, no exceptions.    [ Reference:  Metro's post here]
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4310 on: March 05, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »
The equestrian center can be moved because that is the lot you're supposed to use.  Just before you place your founder go into Edit Town and place the smaller equestrian center (40 x 40) wherever.   This is an expected use of Edit Town just like it is if you were placing a laundromat, club, etc.

And yes you would normally get an extra money with a pet but about 10 pages back Metro said it was easier just to have everyone use the familyFunds cheat to get $1800, no exceptions.    [ Reference:  Metro's post here]

Correct on both issues. Thank you. :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4311 on: March 05, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »

Quote from: Ricalynn on Today at 08:30:29 AM

Correct on both issues. Thank you.

Okay thanks for ruling. :) Does this mean I can't place new empty lots in town? Just wondering as some of the EA Late Night clubs I like are a little big for the average sized lots in most towns.

•Anyone can place EA-created buildings and lots, but only EA-created buildings and lots are allowed.

I'm assuming that rule aplies to EA created empty lots too? Just want to clarify.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4312 on: March 05, 2012, 10:39:13 AM »
No it's an accepted use of Edit Town to place empty lots in order to place EA-created lots like the clubs.  Most people actually delete the lots near pinochle point and place them there.   Of course Waylon's Haunt will fit perfectly on the up by the waterfall just so you know.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4313 on: March 05, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »

No it's an accepted use of Edit Town to place empty lots in order to place EA-created lots like the clubs.  Most people actually delete the lots near pinochle point and place them there.   Of course Waylon's Haunt will fit perfectly on the up by the waterfall just so you know.

I thought so, just wanted to make sure, you'll have to excuse me for me being dumb but it is very late here.  :P Yeah I know about all the empty lots by Pinochle Point and what clubs fit there, just a few of them don't that's why I asked.

I'll leave this thread alone now, it's more than past bedtime here anyway, need sleep, thanks for the help everyone.  :)

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4314 on: March 06, 2012, 01:38:17 AM »
Hi Everyone!!

I am new to the forum and had a couple questions..

On my dynasty challenge, I was using Union Cove because I liked the characters and lots in the game (great work to all all that put so much time and effort into it and a little koodoo to you all.. it is the ONLY thing I have downloaded except the sims online store items because I am so afraid of getting a virus lol) and liked I didn't need to change the game at all. But I am a tad lazy and really had no desire to read thru 173 pages of forum chat sorry..  I had started my dynasty, but it looks like I did it wrong :(  It said on page one that you don't change your family funds if you start in SV RV or UC so I started out in Union Cove with $2,100. Nor does it mention you can make a pet (which originally I wanted to do) so I need to start over :(  Is it possible to have those things changed on page 1 for those of us who are too lazy to go thru 173+ pages in the forum (as of the date this post was written of course)

I did use the the technique of deleting the files in the DCBackup which did wonders for how Union Cove plays (even though save takes forever lol)  can find the post at http://www.carls-sims-3-uide.com/technicalhelp/slowgame.php if anyone is interested ( was a wonderful post btw)

So my questions are..

I do have most of the items from the Sims store online..  we can use those correct? (I had bought like 8 of the Tree of Prosperity and wanted to make sure it was ok to use them lol.. and plan to buy some other items in game I got from the store as my sim get more money, if I am allowed to   :D )

If I decide to create a story do I need to make the story from the beginning when I create my dynasty Sim or can I make the story later as I get farther in the challenge as I save screen shots?

Also would anyone have a little pity for me and friend with me for Showtime?  I have no friends with the Sims so far since I never really had the time or real reason for it..  But now with Showtime coming out I would love to have a friend for taking advantage of the extra content  :D

Oh and will you guys be updating Union Cove for Showtime? Just curious..

Please let me know..

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4315 on: March 06, 2012, 03:48:06 AM »
I do have most of the items from the Sims store online..  we can use those correct? (I had bought like 8 of the Tree of Prosperity and wanted to make sure it was ok to use them lol.. and plan to buy some other items in game I got from the store as my sim get more money, if I am allowed to   :D )

Unless something is specifically banned in the rules, it's fine to use it in the challenge.  Items purchased from the Store are fine.

If I decide to create a story do I need to make the story from the beginning when I create my dynasty Sim or can I make the story later as I get farther in the challenge as I save screen shots?

There's not an actual rule about this, but I think readers would enjoy it more if you start from the beginning.

Also would anyone have a little pity for me and friend with me for Showtime?  I have no friends with the Sims so far since I never really had the time or real reason for it..  But now with Showtime coming out I would love to have a friend for taking advantage of the extra content  :D

Have a look at this thread.  And welcome to our Forum!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline richman3

• Nooboo
« Reply #4316 on: March 07, 2012, 11:27:21 PM »
Well here is an update on my dynasty.  The Wonder family was doing so well.  My founder had done all his requirements and had become immortal.  His daughter was just 2 days away from aging up, having her portrait painted and she was going to be immortal.  And then!  I had sent her daughter to boarding school as a child and she came back with some really good traits and skills to make her journey into immortality an easy one.  Except for one thing.  At some point I had gotten a message asking if I wanted to keep her at boarding school through high school and I said yes.  Not realizing that she would come back as a young adult.  Everything was perfect except I had no way to paint her teen portrait.  So it is with much sadness that I have to report that I have failed the challenge.  It is frustrating after spending weeks on this only to fail in the 3rd generation over something that I was not even aware of.  It was fun though and I will try again.  For now though I am taking a break from The Sims.  Mass Effect 3 just came out so I am off for another adventure with those characters.  Once again thanks for the great challenge, I will try it again. 

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4317 on: March 07, 2012, 11:29:02 PM »
@richman - Is she still a teen? If so, don't give up! Click on a computer or a cellphone and choose "Remove from Boarding School" (or similar). Then you can un-enroll her and paint her portrait.

Offline richman3

• Nooboo
« Reply #4318 on: March 08, 2012, 12:42:25 AM »
Thanks for the advice, but no, she came back from school already a young adult.  That is kinda why I am frustrated I thought I would have at least a day to age her up and get the portrait painted.  But it was not to be.   

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4319 on: March 08, 2012, 01:07:40 AM »
I didn't even think of that!  Yes, it's true that when a child goes to boarding school, he's already aged up when it's finished.  Metro, I wonder if it should be part of the rules that heirs cannot attend boarding school.  I suppose it could be considered a strategy, but anyone who tries it will fail at the challenge.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog