Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250728 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4290 on: February 26, 2012, 05:20:22 AM »
Immortal A can list Immortal B as a best friend AND Immortal B can list Immortal A as a best friend.  As long as none of the best friends for the eight Immortals are duplicates, all is well.

I think Metro said the 60x60 is the one he would prefer. Since that is the size of the one in SV where the Challenge was originally designed around. As it brings the price down to a certain amount.

I don't think he's actually said yet.  Can you get a link to the quote?

Darn. I'll wait to see if Metro will let me keep playing if I remove the mods.
I don't really understand why a purely cosmetic mod would be ruled as a game breaker, but ok.

Simply because it's a mod and mods are banned in this challenge.  Metro will have to decide if he'll make an exception for you in this case.

So I'm assuming we use the 60x60 for the Immortal Challenge? But the 64x64... bigger is better right?

Actually, that's partly why he'll probably say the 60 x 60 lot because a bigger lot could give an advantage to a player.  One of the towns has to use a 64 x 64, but there's no other way around it. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4291 on: February 26, 2012, 05:37:21 AM »
I don't think he's actually said yet.  Can you get a link to the quote?

I'm sure I remembered it being mentioned but looking back I can't see anything.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4292 on: February 26, 2012, 07:14:28 AM »
I'm sure I remembered it being mentioned but looking back I can't see anything.

It might have been me saying that I think Metro would want the 60 x 60.  I don't think Metro has ruled on it officially yet.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4293 on: February 26, 2012, 08:42:50 AM »
Okay guys, lots to catch up on...

Lunar Lakes lot will be 65 Hyperion Highway. Rules have been edited to include that.

Best Friend stuff — if Sim A is BF with Sim B, then it's okay for Sim B to count Sim A also.

Mods — no mods. Period. It's always been that way. And I am aware that many mods do not change gameplay. lila711, I'll toss you a free pass and you can continue for a HOF run given your mod falls into that category, but please remove your mods before continuing.

Offline lila711

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4294 on: February 26, 2012, 09:05:20 AM »
I'll remove them now :). Thanks Metro.

And thank you everyone for the best friend clarification, I was getting pretty confused :P.

Nora

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #4295 on: March 02, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
Woot!  Thanks!  :D

Sorry to be replying to a super old post, but I was pondering starting a legacy or something similar just to change things up on my play a bit... and then learned about dynasties, ended up here, was reading rules, and ... I just read through the rules at

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/challenges/immortaldynasty.php

and saw no mention of being able to add a studio on edit town.

Now on to figure out how to ban vampires ...  ;D

(edit: Ok found what I was looking for. I "wish" there was a way to turn off vampires in any given town but now I got it clarified; just no vampires in the dynastic household.)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4296 on: March 02, 2012, 12:20:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum Khynnea!  I would suggest checking the first post of this thread too if you haven't.  Yes it's the rules but this thread is the most up to date you can get for those rules.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #4297 on: March 02, 2012, 01:08:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum Khynnea!  I would suggest checking the first post of this thread too if you haven't.  Yes it's the rules but this thread is the most up to date you can get for those rules.

Lol.  :)

Thanks so much. Google got me to

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/challenges/immortaldynasty.php

and then again directly to page 65 or thereabouts (2010) on *this* thread with the helpful keyword search "sims3 ban vampire." It never once occurred to me to check out the first post in the thread. So sorry about that.

Maybe someone can get a link on to the first page pointing people here as a most current rules list, I may not be the only noob out here.

And with that, I'm off to the *first* few pages of the thread  ;)

By the way, with only minor wincing about having to give up my crash-preventing nightly car removal mod (I generally don't use mods, and only installed it a week ago to save a game that was otherwise crashing), I am looking forward to trying this out. I've just finished reading the last 70 pages or so of this thread, and just have to decide on a starting town.

Other legacy type games seem like things I would give up on, since while I don't use cheats, I tend to get too attached to my sims and go for epic games. This one has built into it that sense of epic-ness through hard work.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4298 on: March 02, 2012, 01:14:11 PM »
If you're worried about stockpiling cars, keep that in mind when you choose a town to play in.  Some towns stock pile less cars than others do to less parking spaces around town.   In fact, I think Twinbrook has the fewest parking spaces of any of the towns so it would probably generate fewer cars over time. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #4299 on: March 02, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
If you're worried about stockpiling cars, keep that in mind when you choose a town to play in.  Some towns stock pile less cars than others do to less parking spaces around town.   In fact, I think Twinbrook has the fewest parking spaces of any of the towns so it would probably generate fewer cars over time.

Thanks -- that's a great suggestion. I know I tend with my recent games to succumb to the "want to play with shiny new toy" temptation, whether that's Hidden Springs or Bridgeport for me these days. I had been wincing at going "back" to Sunset Valley because I world-built a modified version to update it (teaching myself how more than anything).

I haven't done much play in Twinbrook, and while it might make some early collecting challenging, that's part of the whole point  :)

Offline richman3

• Nooboo
« Reply #4300 on: March 02, 2012, 11:04:01 PM »
I just started my second try at this.  All I have to say is HARD.  You guys designed a brilliant challenge.  I am fairly new to the sims but am loving this challenge so far.  I started my Dynasty with the "Wonder" family.  It is in Riverview and I have all the expansions so far.   Almost failed immediately with a portrait of my founder.  But quickly got his wife to learn painting and got his portrait before he aged up.  I will report my results soon.  But just wanted to thank Pam, Carl and anybody else associated with creating this challenge it creates a whole new way to play the game. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4301 on: March 03, 2012, 04:53:42 AM »
I just started my second try at this.  All I have to say is HARD.  You guys designed a brilliant challenge.  I am fairly new to the sims but am loving this challenge so far.  I started my Dynasty with the "Wonder" family.  It is in Riverview and I have all the expansions so far.   Almost failed immediately with a portrait of my founder.  But quickly got his wife to learn painting and got his portrait before he aged up.  I will report my results soon.  But just wanted to thank Pam, Carl and anybody else associated with creating this challenge it creates a whole new way to play the game.

Thank you and welcome to our Forum!  I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #4302 on: March 04, 2012, 10:18:04 AM »
Uh oh, the recent patch left only empty sockels where my ice statues once were. Luckily they still have a value attached to them, I'm just not sure if they will appreciate from now on...

The picture in two of the museum paintings has also gone away, they also still have a value attached to them...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4303 on: March 04, 2012, 03:00:34 PM »
From the 1.31 Patch thread:

I'm having a new and different issue.  After installing the patch and launching the game, it was fine.  But then I noticed that the icon of one of the cats was solid green and I couldn't do anything with her.  I couldn't find her in the house, either. 

I decided to finally update my game just to see what would happen.  Unfortunately doing so caused all three cats in my dynasty to have the same problem as Pam.  Green squares and can't choose them.  I can see all three cats but I may have to put them up for adoption to get them back.   If I do this, will I be able to get them back? Am I allowed to re-adopt them back into the family (provided it works)?

Edit:  Nevermind.  It doesn't work as the cats are unable to interacted with so the Social Worker just stands out in front of the property. Not to mention because a social worker is on it's way to my house, there are other interactions that I'm unable to perform.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4304 on: March 05, 2012, 04:54:22 AM »
I have a few questions regarding this challenge, I've never done any challenge before so I'm just going to fire away.

1: Am I allowed to create a pet when I make my founder Sim and have him/her start the Dynasty with
    a pet? If not, can I create one in CAS at any time or am I only allowed to adopt one?

2: The Equestrian Center is always taking up the Dynasy lot in my games. Am I allowed to bulldoze it,
     create another lot and plop it down there to free up the Dynasty spot?

3: Can my heir(s) marry an Imaginary friend made real?

4: Can I use Buydebug to buy a WA chest for my founder to store Life fruit and Death flowers in until
    it's time to eat Ambrosia?

I think that's everything, I don't know if these questions have been asked before but I'm not about to go through 173 pages to find out!  :P