Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251115 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4245 on: February 21, 2012, 11:36:57 AM »
Okay, one question. I want to make sure this is possible.../is/ it possible to supermax the Guitar skill with the new expansion packs? Or is there a glitch/complicated related to it? I just want to make sure I don't choose something impossible.

The whole thing is glitched pretty much. Just make sure - above everything else, don't let your Guitarist learn any other skills. Just Guitar, as you need the Guitar Star challenge which is 10 Opps.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4246 on: February 21, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »
Okay...this is something I did not know, so I may have to choose a different...skill to Supermax then, eep.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4247 on: February 21, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »
Okay, one question. I want to make sure this is possible.../is/ it possible to supermax the Guitar skill with the new expansion packs? Or is there a glitch/complicated related to it? I just want to make sure I don't choose something impossible.
Like Thomas said, it's very glitched. I have supermaxed it once, and it took my guy 9 entire sim weeks to do it with only guitar skill and aging off. I would never attempt it in a Dynasty even though there has been a few people that did and succeeded, but in my opinion it's too scary to attempt.

I know it's supposed to be a challenge, but I pick skills that I'm familiar with and have already supermaxed before I knew what that term meant lol.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4248 on: February 21, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »
I have supermaxed guitar in a practice run but I am far too chicken to try it in a dynasty game.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4249 on: February 22, 2012, 12:40:21 AM »
I'm with the others about not using any of the instruments in a Dynasty.  It's possible to SuperMax, but it's very difficult.  The Guitar Star journal challenge isn't worded quite right and what it really wants is for your Sim to complete 10 guitar opportunities.  These will come to the skills opportunity slot and if your Sim has any other skills at all, it reduces the chance of getting guitar opportunities because the other skills will trigger opportunities, too.  It's the same with drums, bass, and piano.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4250 on: February 22, 2012, 02:22:20 AM »
Yea, I started to attempt to supermax guitar with Marielle Gia, 2nd gen of my current dynasty. Had learned a fair amount of logic as a kid as I was shooting for using her IF as a spouse. So far no problems with that and I do have a save pre-turning the IF real just in case.

Just switched her to athletic since it's not a hard one as she wasn't getting any skill related opportunities. She is however going to quit her job once she tops it as I'm going to want to have her focus on her job. I might have her pick up Inventing for something to do and to bring money into the family.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4251 on: February 22, 2012, 08:39:26 AM »
I'm with the others about not using any of the instruments in a Dynasty.  It's possible to SuperMax, but it's very difficult.  The Guitar Star journal challenge isn't worded quite right and what it really wants is for your Sim to complete 10 guitar opportunities.  These will come to the skills opportunity slot and if your Sim has any other skills at all, it reduces the chance of getting guitar opportunities because the other skills will trigger opportunities, too.  It's the same with drums, bass, and piano.

I believe...then, that first starting out it wouldn't be the best thing to get into but it is possible to supermax 'em when you've got a good momentum going. That is...really concentrate on them having the musical skills and the like, that way you can get the opportunities more regularly as people have suggested. I might not try to SuperMax a musical skill in my early generations due to the challenge of momentum (still working things out) but it definitely will be something to look into seeing as I love a challenge.

Thank you all for your feedback!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #4252 on: February 22, 2012, 09:16:24 AM »
I supermaxed guitar with my sixth gen. What I found helped was filling her special and career ops slots with an opportunity so none of them would trigger again and all she was getting was skill ops. She also spent all of her spare time playing for tips as I'd read somewhere that doing more of a skill helps trigger ops for it. I'm not sure how true that is, but I wasn't taking chances! And like others have said, keep them away from any other skills and it's doable but it's hard. I'd kept charisma as a backup skill for Adlais, just in case.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #4253 on: February 22, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »
I think Metro will probably say the 60 x 60 lot in Lunar Lakes because that's the hoped for standard size for the Immortal Dynasty challenge.  The only reason the 40 x 40 and 64 x 64 lots have been allowed is because a 60 x 60 was not available in those towns.

Thanks for answering. I can always start over. I've only played one sim day. So it's not a big stretch. I'm not planning on using the tree at all. I assumed that was off limits just from the description of the item.

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4254 on: February 22, 2012, 11:54:02 PM »
Okay, so my founder seems to have glitched up and stopped aging. I know when his birthday is because I was frantically looking at his age bar each and every day, (long story) so can I just age him up on his "real" birthday or has my dynasty ended?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4255 on: February 23, 2012, 12:38:36 AM »
Okay, so my founder seems to have glitched up and stopped aging. I know when his birthday is because I was frantically looking at his age bar each and every day, (long story) so can I just age him up on his "real" birthday or has my dynasty ended?

Have you exited and restarted the game?  At what point has he stopped aging?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4256 on: February 23, 2012, 02:31:12 AM »

Is it just your founder that has stopped aging? Have you got an IF turned real and have you used the CAS cheat recently.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #4257 on: February 23, 2012, 10:31:24 AM »
Has there been a ruling on the Tree of Prosperity yet?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4258 on: February 23, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »
Not yet.  Metro is probably busy and trying to get more information on the item.

Anyone ever have a tombstone disappear when it was placed on the ground?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #4259 on: February 23, 2012, 11:20:43 AM »
Anyone ever have a tombstone disappear when it was placed on the ground?

I have! In my legacy game ,The Millhams, Antony's tombstone completely vanished. He'd appear every other night though. I have no idea where it went. I combed the lot hundreds of times to find it. I never did.